*Video* N.Y.P.D. "Dirty Dancing" @ West Indies Cultural Pride Parade [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *Video* N.Y.P.D. "Dirty Dancing" @ West Indies Cultural Pride Parade

ULVER
09-15-2011, 00:07
Considering there were several shootings and stabbings, I'm not so sure being this "friendly" was smart. :embarassed:

http://www.policeone.com/media-relations/articles/4352954-Video-Is-NYPDs-dirty-dancing-fun-or-unprofessional/

JASV.17
09-15-2011, 06:32
Not very smart, but I can't say I have too much of a problem with it.

fespo276
09-15-2011, 06:52
Unprofessional. Discipline for sure. How much, who knows.

2-8 Marine
09-15-2011, 07:41
Unprofessional for sure . . . couple days off without pay.

DaBigBR
09-15-2011, 10:41
At about the one minute mark, one of them is clearly not wearing a hat...that's trouble.

Dalton Wayne
09-15-2011, 10:43
Conduct unbecoming an officer :shocked:

AlexHassin
09-15-2011, 10:59
At about the one minute mark, one of them is clearly not wearing a hat...that's trouble.

just an observation that might not be a rule in NYPD. ( or its one no one cares about) Hats are really not that common, usually when you walk around you only see the sergeants+ wearing hats. ( if any of them)

DaBigBR
09-15-2011, 11:34
just an observation that might not be a rule in NYPD. ( or its one no one cares about) Hats are really not that common, usually when you walk around you only see the sergeants+ wearing hats. ( if any of them)

Running joke around here.

crazyasian1
09-15-2011, 11:50
Stupid, stupid stupid. Or poor judgement at the very least. I personally don't have a problem with it, just a little harmless fun, but the po-po haters and PC-nazis are gonna demand their badges.

C'mon people don't you know that the roving eye of big brother looms ever larger every day? They should have known that 1. being a cop and 2. being in NYC... SOMEONE's got you on candid camera!!

RVER
09-15-2011, 11:52
Unprofessional... bad choices... conduct unbecoming... maybe so and maybe no. Would I or anyone on my detail do it? Hell no. Is this a brave new world? Absolutely.

:dunno:

ateamer
09-15-2011, 12:37
Conduct unbecoming. A week off without pay ought to get the message across about how to behave professionally.

Bodyarmorguy
09-15-2011, 13:05
While teaching a Taser class at the academy on Tuesday, I was repeatedly reminding the cadets that as soon as you make contact with anyone, go ahead and assume that you are being video-taped and will be on youtube before the end of the shift.

RVER
09-15-2011, 14:32
While teaching a Taser class at the academy on Tuesday, I was repeatedly reminding the cadets that as soon as you make contact with anyone, go ahead and assume that you are being video-taped and will be on youtube before the end of the shift.

Yep, don't do or say anything in the course of your duties (or off duty for that matter) that you don't want your parents, wife and kids, family and neighbors to see forever... over and over again...

:embarassed:

Trigger Finger
09-15-2011, 14:52
Unprofessional and conduct unbecoming. They should be restricted to menial jobs like working crowd control at parades!!!

Seriously, this should not be accepted in the law enforcement world and if some thing isn't done it's only going to get worse!

Jeff82
09-15-2011, 15:14
Completely unprofessional. Some discipline needed, like a letter in their file or some such.

fla2760
09-15-2011, 15:24
Very unprofessional, a well earned rip. :whistling:

Sharky7
09-15-2011, 16:21
I don't think anyone would have been mad if they would have danced in a "clean manner" in place for a couple seconds to make a few people smile in the crowd or given them a high five or something as they went by. They way they danced though wasn't right or professional for someone in uniform representing the NYPD and police in general. That kind of dancing is enough to get you kicked out of some school dances in different parts of the county.

Reminded me of strip club dancing.....not right, bad move for the officers involved in my opinion.

Manofprint
09-15-2011, 16:30
Cut them a break. everybody likes to have fun at work. Plus they were
mingling with the public and forming a bond with the community.

DaBigBR
09-15-2011, 16:44
I think if a guy wants to cut a little rug all by himself in that situation, so be it. People will love it almost universally. It's when it turns in to a simulated sex act (complete with hands on hips and dry humping), you've got an issue.

mikegun
09-15-2011, 16:57
Sheeeeeeeeeeet, its the American way...

4949shooter
09-15-2011, 17:05
Bad judgement. I would say that suspensions are most definately in order. The officers' conduct was completely unprofessional and unbecoming.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to act that way while in uniform.

Patchman
09-15-2011, 19:27
This is another video that needs to be shown to all recruit classes. The lesson is, whatever you do will get videoed. And the more unprofessional and undignified a LEO acts, the more airtime it's going to get.

And no, just because it's legal doesn't mean it's always appropriate.

puckhead
09-15-2011, 20:14
Officer safety issue, maybe. Unprofessional...in any other venue, yeah. Here, not so much. The people there didn't mind and probably have a better outlook on the cops in their area.

razdog76
09-15-2011, 21:11
Cut them a break. everybody likes to have fun at work. Plus they were
mingling with the public and forming a bond with the community.

While bonding, they are unable to fulfill the reason they are there, to keep the peace, watch for problems, etc, in addition to looking unprofessional.

I disagree, it is unacceptable behavior while on the clock for the municipality, or as a special duty assignment.

cowboywannabe
09-15-2011, 21:24
come'on, its nypd, rasta fahri hair do's, plats, braids, corn rolls, beards et cetera is the norm for the uniform division.

in fact, there are many many uniformed cops that look like record store clerks with police uniforms on you never know who really is the cops.

Agent6-3/8
09-15-2011, 21:31
I agree with those stating that such conduct is completely unacceptable and they deserve a few days off without pay. I don't understand it...is it really that hard to act like you have half of brain?

:shakehead:

ray9898
09-15-2011, 21:49
errrr...how could you not know something that stupid would not make it on Youtube in 30 seconds.