Cook County won’t hold felons for immigration [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cook County won’t hold felons for immigration

ronduke
09-15-2011, 01:19
Illegal alien assaults cop and is arrested. ICE requests the sheriff’s office hold Sanchez for up to 48 hours after he posted bond, but the new county ordinance instructs the sheriff to disregard those requests and release suspected illegal immigrants just like anyone else who posts bond.

http://www.suntimes.com/mobile/7546586-463/felons-too-among-inmates-who-county-wont-hold-for-immigration.html

acpd541
09-15-2011, 01:44
What a crock of mierda!! :steamed:

SGT HATRED
09-15-2011, 02:18
What the hell is happening to this once great country?

Hoser423
09-15-2011, 06:53
I wonder when there will be be a Cook County story that will shock me or disappoint me... I believe my expectations are set so low it won't happen.

Article doesn't say if Sanchez had the ICE detainer before arrest or because of arrest. If it was in place before, local PDs might do an end run around County. Hold jamoke up to 72ish hours until ICE can pick up, then release without charge. You lose whatever the new offense was because he never enters Cook County system, but you get him gone from your town in ICE custody. Not a proper or long-term answer, we really need County to do what they are supposed to.

verdugo60
09-15-2011, 12:13
I wonder when there will be be a Cook County story that will shock me or disappoint me... I believe my expectations are set so low it won't happen.

Article doesn't say if Sanchez had the ICE detainer before arrest or because of arrest. If it was in place before, local PDs might do an end run around County. Hold jamoke up to 72ish hours until ICE can pick up, then release without charge. You lose whatever the new offense was because he never enters Cook County system, but you get him gone from your town in ICE custody. Not a proper or long-term answer, we really need County to do what they are supposed to.

In the words of Joe Dirte "wwwhhhhhaaaaaaat?"

Hoser423
09-15-2011, 14:51
In the words of Joe Dirte "wwwhhhhhaaaaaaat?"

Sorry- long winded.
Basic idea... individual PDs call ICE direct, and hold the guy until ICE picks him up at individual PD.
If PD never turns the guy over to county, the county can't release him.

trifecta
09-15-2011, 20:38
Sorry- long winded.
Basic idea... individual PDs call ICE direct, and hold the guy until ICE picks him up at individual PD.

True, but the dirtball still gets away with the offense. Assault the cop, get deported, sneak back in(already done it once) and the violator wins.

Newcop761
09-15-2011, 21:14
I have a solution for the 10 Cook County commissioners that passed this ordinance:

Indict them each with one count of 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) (Harboring) per illegal released over an ICE detainer... and then actually prosecute them.

I know it's a pipe dream with Attorney General Eric Holder and Zero in the white house.

So is this executive branch amnesty working out for you guys? :steamed:

Hell put some agents outside the jail, when they walk out the door, arrest them.

I hope the officer recovers fully. It's nice that illegal aliens are exempt from the justice system in this country. :steamed:

cowboywannabe
09-15-2011, 21:21
theres a reason why its called crook county.

Sharky7
09-15-2011, 21:37
I'm thinking this is just a money ploy....trying to get the Fed to reimburse them for the days they spend there. One of the other news articles I read about it quoted how much it costs per day to keep the inmates.

janice6
09-15-2011, 21:40
Odd how this county has been this way since the 20's.

Glock22C
09-15-2011, 21:47
why should this surprise anyone? this is Chicagoland after all...

BTW Dept of homeland security already made a policy that all deportations will be on a case to case basis and if there is no criminal element no deportation...

Who needs a Congress?

Hack
09-15-2011, 21:55
why should this surprise anyone? this is Chicagoland after all...

BTW Dept of homeland security already made a policy that all deportations will be on a case to case basis and if there is no criminal element no deportation...

Who needs a Congress?

Yeah, it sucks. Vote RIGHT folks, when the time comes.

verdugo60
09-16-2011, 00:19
Sorry- long winded.

No worries man, I was applying the sage words of Joe Dirt to what the county did, not your wording!:wavey:

jpa
09-16-2011, 11:53
What a surprise. I wouldn't doubt if Dart himself supported this ordinance to take the heat off him. Just like when he told the courts that his department would no longer do evictions on foreclosed homes, in violation of a court order. If that happened anywhere else HE would be in jail instead of running it.