Trijicon installed for $75 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon installed for $75

boone10
09-15-2011, 14:01
Just left the LGS with Trijicon GL01 Bright and Tough Night Sights for $75 plus tax (installed in about 10 minutes) on my G 19--good deal or not?

Cruising some of the threads, I've seen that some folks on here haven't been thrilled with Trijicon service. I'm not terribly worried about that because this LGS is one of the largest and most prominent in the region--plus I've used them for 25 years and will take care of me if a problem arises.

As far as the product goes--how do they rate with folks that own or have owned in the past?

thanks

LeviDenim
09-16-2011, 20:45
I just put GL04s on my G30 SF and like them. They are not as good as the factory night sights on my Sig 226.40, but I like them a lot more than the standard Glock contrast sights.
What did LSG do to make sure it was zeroed after the install? That rear sight can be
tricky with the dove tail being so tight.

DJ Niner
09-17-2011, 01:00
Just left the LGS with Trijicon GL01 Bright and Tough Night Sights for $75 plus tax (installed in about 10 minutes) on my G 19--good deal or not?

snipGood-to-great deal, in my opinion. I don't think you can normally find the sights alone for that price at a brick-and-mortar retail outlet, unless someone is running a sale, and installed while-you-wait is icing on the cake.

I have a slight preference for Meprolights, but I've owned and shot Glocks with the Trijicon product, and didn't feel handicapped in any way. If I could get that price locally, I might change my preference, as I have a few Glocks that will need new sights in the next year or so. :supergrin:

boone10
09-17-2011, 04:30
I just put GL04s on my G30 SF and like them. They are not as good as the factory night sights on my Sig 226.40, but I like them a lot more than the standard Glock contrast sights.
What did LSG do to make sure it was zeroed after the install? That rear sight can be
tricky with the dove tail being so tight.

He took measurements order to get it as close to possible as the original rear sight and hopefully that will be good--won't shoot it until tomorrow. I can take it back for adjustments at no charge--they're not too far down the road.

As far as price, the sticker on the sights themselves says $109. Installation is $30, but they've been doing it all for $75 for several months now.

jayhuh
09-19-2011, 19:34
My advice is to keep any kind of solvent / gun cleaner away from Trijicon's or you will lose the painted on white rings. I found the the Glock NS's (Meps) were far superior to Trijicon's in the ability to withstand solvents/cleaner (and cheaper cost wise). Yeah, Trijicon's glow "sharper" per se, but in a fight I doubt you would ever recognize the difference.

boone10
09-21-2011, 07:01
My advice is to keep any kind of solvent / gun cleaner away from Trijicon's or you will lose the painted on white rings. I found the the Glock NS's (Meps) were far superior to Trijicon's in the ability to withstand solvents/cleaner (and cheaper cost wise). Yeah, Trijicon's glow "sharper" per se, but in a fight I doubt you would ever recognize the difference.

thanks for the heads-up on solvents