Never a G-man around when you need one... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Never a G-man around when you need one...

Dukeboy01
09-15-2011, 21:19
Man robs bank at knife point

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Man_robs_bank_at_knifepoint.html

This bank is literally right around the corner from the Lexington field office of the FBI.

Here's the Google street view and map of the bank:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&rlz=1I7TSNA_enUS368&prmd=imvnsc&resnum=2&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=576&wrapid=tlif131614269434610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chase+bank+Lexington+ky&fb=1&gl=us&hq=chase+bank&hnear=0x88424429cc9ceb25:0x84f08341908c4fdd,Lexington,+KY&ei=ar5yTtaFHcqctweBxvjlCQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAsQtgM&iwloc=cids:13789055403356301945

And this is where the FBI is located:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=fbi+office+lexington+ky&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSNA_enUS368&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=TMFyTv_FDoSUtwfcsvXsCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg

They actually share the same parking lot.

kpuscg04
09-17-2011, 16:19
Something similar happened in New Orleans when I was stationed there.

Lafayette Square is a park in the middle of the downtown area. It is surrounded on the North, West, and South by Federal Buildings which house the whole gammit of Fed LE. On it's east is a hotel with a bank sharing the first floor.

It was robbed on morning. The individuals attempted to flea through Layfayette Square. They did not make it far...

ede
09-17-2011, 16:28
happened in Chillicothe Ohio 1979-1980 time frame, except FBI field office was directly across the street from the bank that was robbed.

HotRoderX
09-17-2011, 16:32
Something similar happened in New Orleans when I was stationed there.

Lafayette Square is a park in the middle of the downtown area. It is surrounded on the North, West, and South by Federal Buildings which house the whole gammit of Fed LE. On it's east is a hotel with a bank sharing the first floor.

It was robbed on morning. The individuals attempted to flea through Layfayette Square. They did not make it far...

Something tells me that was a sight to see. Criminal 1 to Criminal 2 I think we screwed up. Criminal 1 why do you say that. Criminal 2 I don't know the 60 armed federal agent surrounding us. Criminal 1 I knew I should have been a DR.

Thats just funny and shows how stupid criminals really are.

KY Moose
09-17-2011, 19:10
I'm not surprised he got away. Even if someone in the bank hit the hold up alarm, it more than likely goes to an alarm company in Denver. The alarm operator then has to acknowledge the alarm, call Lexington police call taker. The call taker has to enter it into a computer where it ships to a dispatcher, who then puts it out over the radio. That's a couple of minutes right there.

FBI doesn't listen to local police radios all day, so they don't get notified right away.

Hack
09-18-2011, 05:14
I'm not surprised he got away. Even if someone in the bank hit the hold up alarm, it more than likely goes to an alarm company in Denver. The alarm operator then has to acknowledge the alarm, call Lexington police call taker. The call taker has to enter it into a computer where it ships to a dispatcher, who then puts it out over the radio. That's a couple of minutes right there.

FBI doesn't listen to local police radios all day, so they don't get notified right away.

That's pretty much it. It all takes time. Good ol' FDIC will cover the loss and reimburse and the pictures of the knuckle heads doing the hold up may make the local news, and be circulated into surrounding areas.

jnc36rcpd
09-18-2011, 17:47
Some years ago, the bank on the ground floor of the building that then housed the local FBI resident agency was robbed several times. This, of course, just infuriated the special agents assigned there. Finally, one happened to be leaving just as the bandit fled the bank. There was a brief foot oursuit which ended when the agent cornered the suspect in his getaway vehicle (a Metro transit bus). There was a bit of a hiccup when the agent realized he didn't have handcuffs and the bus driver had to retrieve them from the agent's briefcase, but the FBI bandit's reign of terror was over.

Of course, the Major Crimes Division-Robbery detectives who routinely worked with the agent had a great time posting this on the department webboard (actually, a teletype at the time). All sorts of words like "single-handedly", "with disregard for his personal safety", and "heroically" got thrown around.