Trillion Dollar Bailout for Europes Banks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trillion Dollar Bailout for Europes Banks

mes228
09-16-2011, 05:44
Anyone have an opinion what the new TRILLION dollar bailout for European banks will accomplish for the USA? What a cruel joke on the American people this seems to be. After 70 cents on the dollar of the $16 Trillion already going to European Banks, this seems to add insult to injury. In my opinion, none of this will ever return as they are as bankrupt as we are. None of the original nor this new bailout. No wonder the Euro remains strong. Just curious how you see this transfer impacting us. I can't understand why we must bail out Europe while our industries and youth are being destroyed here. I guess the financial system must survive. A similar question might be "can a blood donor give so much blood the donor perishes"? I think so myself.

greatwun
09-16-2011, 06:55
Is the the US doing the bail out? I thought it was the Central Banks.

UneasyRider
09-16-2011, 08:10
Anyone have an opinion what the new TRILLION dollar bailout for European banks will accomplish for the USA? What a cruel joke on the American people this seems to be. After 70 cents on the dollar of the $16 Trillion already going to European Banks, this seems to add insult to injury. In my opinion, none of this will ever return as they are as bankrupt as we are. None of the original nor this new bailout. No wonder the Euro remains strong. Just curious how you see this transfer impacting us. I can't understand why we must bail out Europe while our industries and youth are being destroyed here. I guess the financial system must survive. A similar question might be "can a blood donor give so much blood the donor perishes"? I think so myself.

Never worry about government spending again. We passed the PNR a couple of years ago and now we can just be amazed that people are still taking our little pieces of paper with pictures on them and giving us stuff.

If you doubt me ask yourself two questions: 1 - is it mathmatically possible for us to pay back the debt? 2 - if we thought that we were pissing away real money, ie. "ok no social security this year because we are giving it all away" would we treat money the way that we do?

Everyone knows that it's all over and we are just playing for time. Prepare to defend yourselves gentlemen.

bdcochran
09-16-2011, 09:11
There seems to be some misunderstandings.
1. the conception that a country can unilaterally become free standing, isolationist, do without trade from other countries and similar concepts are incorrect.
2. Most banks take deposits from anywhere in the world, finance projects anywhere in the world, are owned by many people and other companies from around the world. The conception that Bank of America, for example, is owned only by US nationals, loans only in the US, accepts deposits only from US citizens is incorrect.

3. You only bail out people who 1. are your political supporters, 2. make political contributions to you and your party, and 3. when it is only in your self interest. The conception that the US is a stupid charity is absolutely wrong.

4, Foreign aid comes in many forms. In its most naked form, it is a series of bribes to high officials. Countries like China and Japan may offer aid in the form of loans with interest. We do it in the form of bribes. Do you have a preference?

wjv
09-16-2011, 09:40
>> After 70 cents on the dollar of the $16 Trillion already going to European Bank

Cite or reference please????

mes228
09-16-2011, 10:19
Many articles on Zero Hedge and other sites I read. See Bloomberg article April 1, 2011 entitled "Foreign Banks Tapped Fed's Secret Life Line Most at Crisis Point". Deals specifically with one week 111 billion $$$$ in which 70 cents on the dollar went to European Banks. Depending on how you calculate total bailout, figures run approx. 16 Trillion dollars. Overall, on all the bailout monies, seems 70 cents on the dollar went out of the country.

I'm no financial expert, just parroting what I read. Seems some think this is not a "liquidity Crisis". But is a "solvency crisis". The monies sent to European Banks "swap lines" are secured. However, I believe they are secured by housing that is miss-marked as to value. Much as real estate in Florida or Neveda. Some feel the European Banks are totally Bankrupt thus the loans/swaps etc. are pretty much valueless - though "guaranteed".

DoctaGlockta
09-16-2011, 10:32
Barack Obama/Barry Soetoro/Harrison J. Bounel or whatever he is going by these days makes federal reserve notes grow on trees now so what are you worried about?

mes228
09-16-2011, 18:28
Google "The Daily Crux" and see the headline article on current Fed bailout of Europe. I was wrong stating "one trillion dollars" I had read that as an estimate a few days ago. Well the Feds has apparently now pledged UNLIMITED monies for European banks ie multiple trillions. If every American knew this, there would probably really be riots. Not a word on mainstream media. Just Bloomberg etc. "selling" how we MUST capatalize Europes banks. And how we are so inter-twined that if they fail, contagion takes us down with them.

As for me, this old fool thinks additional TRILLIONS on my kids and their kids backs, is a travesty. God Bless Iceland for being brave, bold and just. They simply said "NO". (paraphrased) "Our citizens didn't do this damage, private banks did. Let them pay, and let them go bankrupt. We will not enslave all Icelanders for the CRIMES of the banks. And by the way, the government officials that allowed this will be tried for criminal actions also".

UneasyRider
09-16-2011, 19:00
Google "The Daily Crux" and see the headline article on current Fed bailout of Europe. I was wrong stating "one trillion dollars" I had read that as an estimate a few days ago. Well the Feds has apparently now pledged UNLIMITED monies for European banks ie multiple trillions. If every American knew this, there would probably really be riots. Not a word on mainstream media. Just Bloomberg etc. "selling" how we MUST capatalize Europes banks. And how we are so inter-twined that if they fail, contagion takes us down with them.

As for me, this old fool thinks additional TRILLIONS on my kids and their kids backs, is a travesty. God Bless Iceland for being brave, bold and just. They simply said "NO". (paraphrased) "Our citizens didn't do this damage, private banks did. Let them pay, and let them go bankrupt. We will not enslave all Icelanders for the CRIMES of the banks. And by the way, the government officials that allowed this will be tried for criminal actions also".

It's only colored paper.

cowboy1964
09-16-2011, 20:11
I told ya in the end it would be the U.S. that ends up being the final bail-outer.

Buy silver and gold people.

TangoFoxtrot
09-17-2011, 04:26
Never worry about government spending again. We passed the PNR a couple of years ago and now we can just be amazed that people are still taking our little pieces of paper with pictures on them and giving us stuff.

If you doubt me ask yourself two questions: 1 - is it mathmatically possible for us to pay back the debt? 2 - if we thought that we were pissing away real money, ie. "ok no social security this year because we are giving it all away" would we treat money the way that we do?

Everyone knows that it's all over and we are just playing for time. Prepare to defend yourselves gentlemen.

Good point! Mayor Bloomburg is already fearful about riots over unemployment in NYC.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset. We don't need jobs, food, or pay rent. Other countries need our money more than we do. I think we should just give them everything we have. Your all selfish! :whistling:

Aceman
09-17-2011, 10:04
I have no idea. But I know this thread will only be a political ****** session. So tell me about prepping for financial collapse, or whether to put Gold, Cash, Bullets, or nylons & chocolate in my bug out bag, or take it to the political forum.

Political ranting and rhetoric does nothing to help me prepare or survive.

kirgi08
09-17-2011, 11:06
Maybe or maybe not,It'll help point out the nature of the event.'08.

donovan655
09-17-2011, 11:46
Anyone have an opinion what the new TRILLION dollar bailout for European banks will accomplish for the USA? What a cruel joke on the American people this seems to be.

It is total BS and reeks of foul play. Anytime a large financial problem arises, you can count on Central Banks the world over, to stick-save the markets.

Financial Markets are all they care about. We could be living in a world like mad max or book of eli and central bankers would still be pledging support here, liquidity there, open market operations schedules, etc...while there is fundamentally no economic value left in currencies. Such is the Keynesian vomitoria that runs every single bank and government the world over.

Fed, BOJ, BOE, SNB are posturing with a pledge to support the dollar through "liquidity measure" which is Central Bank-speak for nearly-free money.

However, the latest development in this obnoxious drama, is quite refreshing:

Germany is not playing ball:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/germany-rejects-geithner-ecb-refuses-print-greece-gets-final-warning

donovan655
09-17-2011, 11:56
another article explaining the Central Bank Pledge:
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/business/news/20110916p2g00m0bu063000c.html
Under the program, the Fed provides dollars requested by the ECB. The ECB distributes that money to commercial banks in Europe. There's no cap on the dollars the Fed can provide. The Fed will receive euros to hold in return for the dollars and will get interest payments on the dollars it provides the ECB.

The Fed's exposure will be to the ECB, not to the commercial banks. And the ECB will be obligated to repay the Fed in dollars.

The move buys time for banks that hold large amounts of debt issued by Greece and other financially troubled European countries. Some of these banks have had trouble paying for daily operations because other banks have refused to lend to them any more.

Under Thursday's action, the banks can borrow unlimited dollars for three months, up from the current one-week limit.

Unbelievable...
Here is a hint of what is to come: ECB will not be able to repay.

Liff
09-17-2011, 12:14
Ah, in the race to the bottom, the dollar is in the lead.

This is good for everyone who has any form of hard asset, bad for anyone who is saving dollars, GREAT for our exports, and hurts our ability to import.

Of all the stupid and completely ridiculous things that have happened, this idea isn't that retarded. Still not retarded, just not full-retard.

Akita
09-17-2011, 12:57
There seems to be some misunderstandings.
1. the conception that a country can unilaterally become free standing, isolationist, do without trade from other countries and similar concepts are incorrect.
2. Most banks take deposits from anywhere in the world, finance projects anywhere in the world, are owned by many people and other companies from around the world. The conception that Bank of America, for example, is owned only by US nationals, loans only in the US, accepts deposits only from US citizens is incorrect.

3. You only bail out people who 1. are your political supporters, 2. make political contributions to you and your party, and 3. when it is only in your self interest. The conception that the US is a stupid charity is absolutely wrong.

4, Foreign aid comes in many forms. In its most naked form, it is a series of bribes to high officials. Countries like China and Japan may offer aid in the form of loans with interest. We do it in the form of bribes. Do you have a preference?

bd, i always appreciate your voice of sanity here.

Restless28
09-18-2011, 09:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRT2LWA8meQ&feature=player_embedded

cowboy1964
09-18-2011, 13:01
Actually, as bad as the dollar is doing it may be the last currency to fail. U.S. Treasuries are still the "flight to safety" destination... unbelievably.

pugman
09-20-2011, 11:55
In the end its a net zero gain...unless by chance you own the 4 B's (bullets, beans, bandaids and books).

Anytime you see this robbing Peter to pay Paul scheme it always ends the same; which is precisely what we are doing. Some people (including myself for a time) used to say we are screwing our grandchildren's grandchildren.

This is simply not true...why?

It will never get this far. I can't imagine 100 years from now people will still want to be paying for a hammer, or bullet, or politican's salary from 2011.

The problem with all these bailouts is 1) they never work or 2) they just delay the envitable.

At some point this entire system will need to reset itself.