found sneaking around the station....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : found sneaking around the station.......

cowboywannabe
09-16-2011, 16:32
put and end to him quickly.

the run of the mill water snakes get a pass, but these dudes gots ta be kilt when they get close to the cruisers parked out front.

eracer
09-16-2011, 16:37
There is a nest full of little moccasins with trouble on their little minds...

RVER
09-16-2011, 16:41
Hmmm... Does it bite? :wow:

collim1
09-16-2011, 16:41
Copperheads and even the occasional rattlers get a pass with me. Not so much for moccasins. They dont run off when a person comes strolling by.

texmex
09-16-2011, 16:44
Almost a year ago our senior clerk came in one morning and started to make the coffee. It was a chilly morning and when she opened the top of the coffee maker, there was a 2 foot grass snake curled up in the coffee filter. I think he got in there to get warm. Anyway, she just about had a heart attack. One of our deputies is deathly afraid of snakes. If he had made the coffee that morning, the place probably would have been shot all to hell.

RVER
09-16-2011, 16:49
Copperheads and even the occasional rattlers get a pass with me. Not so much for moccasins. They dont run off when a person comes strolling by.

Collim1,
You be a good man. Copperheads gotta go. Right along with their babies, cousins, friends and neighbors too... We don't get rattlers in the city, otherwise I'd have something waiting for them too.

SAR
09-16-2011, 16:53
Years ago, I found a foot long Alligator lizard in our station so what do I do? I put it in my partner's D-cell Kelite (remember those?) and put the light back on the desk. When my partner picked up his light and he noticed right away it was light. He shook it and it kind of rattled, "What the hell?" He unscrewed the cap and held it up to the light so he could see what was going on, and the damn thing jumped out and onto his face and started biting.

I thought he was going to kill me. He chased me around the station for half an hour. I almost died that night.......................................... from laughing so hard.

http://gallery.kingsnake.com/data/21268DSC00668.jpg

cowboywannabe
09-16-2011, 16:54
in their domain i give the venomous ones a pass too.

but when night shift rolls around and they go to get in their cruisers and have to flash light around to ensure they dont step on a snake....well....

our station is right on the river bank so its not uncommon to see these snakes.....copperheads and rattlers are far more rare near the water's edge. but moccosins (cotton mouths) are a regular customer.

standard water snakes are so damn skiddish you hardly see them for more than a few seconds before they slide off somewhere, but the dude in this pic stood his ground as they usually do.

Dragoon44
09-16-2011, 17:18
capture it an put it in a sack in the trunk. next bar fight just roll up and throw the snake in and drive off.

Vigilant
09-16-2011, 17:40
That poor snake was probably trying to turn his life around, you savage. :rofl:

Vigilant
09-16-2011, 17:42
I don't suppose anyone knows how said serpent gained entry?

Dragoon44
09-16-2011, 19:13
I don't suppose anyone knows how said serpent gained entry?

He was an undocumented alien.

lawandorder
09-16-2011, 19:27
"He was a good boy"

redbaron007
09-16-2011, 20:21
I can't stand those Cottonwatermochs!! I don't mind giving the copperhead/rattlesnake a pass, but these SOBs are DRT! In the spring, we would sit out on my buddies back deck and shoot the little bast##@ds around their dock!

Perfect job!! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

Ajon412
09-16-2011, 20:51
Years ago, I found a foot long Alligator lizard in our station so what do I do? I put it in my partner's D-cell Kelite (remember those?) and put the light back on the desk. When my partner picked up his light and he noticed right away it was light. He shook it and it kind of rattled, "What the hell?" He unscrewed the cap and held it up to the light so he could see what was going on, and the damn thing jumped out and onto his face and started biting.

I thought he was going to kill me. He chased me around the station for half an hour. I almost died that night.......................................... from laughing so hard.

http://gallery.kingsnake.com/data/21268DSC00668.jpg

Now, THAT'S FUNNY..............:rofl::rofl:

Vigilant
09-16-2011, 21:01
I can't stand those Cottonwatermochs!! I don't mind giving the copperhead/rattlesnake a pass, but these SOBs are DRT! In the spring, we would sit out on my buddies back deck and shoot the little bast##@ds around their dock!

Perfect job!! :thumbsup:

:wavey:

red

I hear ya, brother. My nephew Merle went an' got hisseff copped by a popperhead a while back, an he wuz PISSED! :rofl:

Hack
09-16-2011, 22:49
Water moccasins don't invade my domain, but I darn sure would pop one; mash one; smash one; and bash one; and possibly burn it with fire if it got into my domain.

Kadetklapp
09-17-2011, 00:12
Snakes.around here are generally not.dangerous, but my wife is deathly afraid so I'm under orders to shoot on sight.

maddog3241
09-17-2011, 00:26
Snakes.around here are generally not.dangerous, but my wife is deathly afraid so I'm under orders to shoot on sight.
My wife pays my kids a bounty of 1 dollar a snake. She has been known to wet herself on the sight of one. :rofl: As far as the trick SAR pulled, I might have shot ya. :whistling: haha

Vigilant
09-17-2011, 04:06
He was an undocumented alien.

Well then, that explains it. Rumor has it they do love to swim.

merlynusn
09-17-2011, 08:14
Almost a year ago our senior clerk came in one morning and started to make the coffee. It was a chilly morning and when she opened the top of the coffee maker, there was a 2 foot grass snake curled up in the coffee filter. I think he got in there to get warm. Anyway, she just about had a heart attack. One of our deputies is deathly afraid of snakes. If he had made the coffee that morning, the place probably would have been shot all to hell.

That probably would have been me too.

obxemt
09-17-2011, 11:30
"He was a good boy"

...said 23-year-old Right Reverend Bishop Deshawn Lamont Antonio Shabaz of the Storefront Cathedral of the Everlasting Aardvark...

That probably would have been me too.

Me three. Snakes terrify me.

toddmog
09-17-2011, 12:09
Personally, I love snakes...

...dead snakes.

razdog76
09-17-2011, 12:18

I have heard, that certain coworkers of mine, have been known to do some zany things when rubber snakes are strategically attached to parts of their cruiser with fishing line.:whistling:

andy4731
09-17-2011, 16:00
SNAKES . . .

http://thingsifear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/indiana-snakes.jpg

Why did it have to be snakes?

Morris
09-17-2011, 17:10
Nuke 'em from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Naa, I like snakes. So rare to see them in these parts.

Note to self: inserting a rubber snake into the bed you share with your wife as a prank is a sure fire way to celibacy.

Mrs.Cicero
09-18-2011, 16:24
I just fed my daughter's milk snake. He was hungry and snarfed three mice. He was so hungry he grabbed the first one right off the tongs.

I like snakes.

But not getting bit by them.

And not the poisonous ones, so much. Unless they are boots. Or maybe dinner. Maybe.

Mrs.Cicero

GPalmer
09-18-2011, 16:58
So long as you could kill it safely. We had one officer in Jacksonville who was about to shoot a cottomouth on a sidewalk with a condo with people in it as backdrop. I pointed out what a clever idea it was and she relaxed. It needed to die since it was in an area with lots of kids, just not that way.