Scumbag given a nice dirt nap [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scumbag given a nice dirt nap

mrsurfboard
09-16-2011, 17:30
http://www.app.com/article/20110916/NJNEWS/309160047/Prosecutor-Tuckerton-man-shot-by-police-armed-meat-cleaver-type-knife?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

I know one of the Officers involved. Great job guys!

9mmParabellum
09-16-2011, 18:28
I did'nt look at it all but there is something you must know. Somebody will morn for this guy.

I hate the criminal element as much as the next guy however, unlike TV we never high 5'ed one another when one of us had to take another life.

mrsurfboard
09-16-2011, 18:33
I did'nt look at it all but there is something you must know. Somebody will morn for this guy.

I hate the criminal element as much as the next guy however, unlike TV we never high 5'ed one another when one of us had to take another life.

Nobody worth knowing. And it wasn't high five, but comfort in knowing another career scumbag was removed from society and the Officers went home safe.

packsaddle
09-16-2011, 19:43
“The fact that the officers involved in this shooting have been placed on administrative duty should not be interpreted as suggesting any finding by this office of whether or not the use of deadly force was appropriate. Obviously, we are in the early stages of this investigation, and it would be grossly premature to make any such judgments. We will need to complete an objective and complete investigation before such a determination is made,” Ford said.

blah blah blah.

i yearn for the good ol' days, back when people conveyed their thoughts concisely, in as few words as possible (circa 1880).

Patchman
09-16-2011, 21:03
Glad everything turned out safe for the two responding LEOs.

NEXT!

Ajon412
09-16-2011, 21:07
Nobody worth knowing. And it wasn't high five, but comfort in knowing another career scumbag was removed from society and the Officers went home safe.

+1

Steven H. Theoharides, 35, who served nine years in prison for assaulting and eluding police in 2000, was shot to death by borough police officers Brian T. Olsen and Justin M. Cherry while armed with a 4-inch-by-6-inch knife, after they arrived at his home on Otis Avenue in response to a 911 call at 8:25 p.m. reporting a domestic dispute, according to Ocean County Prosecutor Marlene Lynch Ford.

“I just know the cops gave warning,” Anne Marie Jillson said. “They asked him to show his hands several times. Then you heard shots.”

Can't say he wasn't warned.....No great loss.....

BORNGEARHEAD
09-16-2011, 21:52
No tasers?

Hack
09-16-2011, 22:44
No tasers?

In the article it said he was brandishing a meat cleaver type knife. Working outside the secure perimeter I would have shot him myself.

Cochese
09-17-2011, 02:49
No tasers?

Knife/edged weapon = lethal.

TASER = less lethal.

TASER -vs- knife = incorrect response.

PISTOL -vs- knife = correct response.

LONG GUN -vs- knife = correcter response.

:wavey:

misunderestimated
09-17-2011, 04:35
No tasers?

The boss's at a local PD had used this reasoning for years as the main reason for not investing in taser's

they claimed the were afraid of the lawsuits that would be created if deadly force was used instead of a Taser. I thought how ridiculous. yet almost every EDP or domestic dispute that the use of deadly force had to be used to stop the situation. You read about all the folks saying they should have used the taser.

I am shocked

Patchman
09-17-2011, 04:43
As this was a domestic dispute, also remember that

frying pan = taser appropriate

pot of boiling lye = not taser appropriate

MeefZah
09-17-2011, 05:38
Good riddance.

m2hmghb
09-17-2011, 06:47
Tasers are not allowed in NJ even for police. Same for stun guns. In this case it wouldn't have really mattered.

merlynusn
09-17-2011, 08:10
It sounds like a good shoot.

I was actually amazed when reading the article that the guy did 9 years for eluding the police. Here, he'd be lucky if the DA's office even accepted the case and/or did anything beyond probation.

Ajon412
09-17-2011, 08:14
Tasers are not allowed in NJ even for police. Same for stun guns. In this case it wouldn't have really mattered.

....No, but Conducted Energy Devices are.....Looky here (NJ AG's Guidelines, revised 10/10):

http://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/pdfs/NJ-OAG-Stun-Gun-Policy-10-2010.pdf

......:wavey:

pilsbury
09-17-2011, 08:24
One less ahole in the world!

m2hmghb
09-17-2011, 09:03
....No, but Conducted Energy Devices are.....Looky here (NJ AG's Guidelines, revised 10/10):

http://www.nj.gov/oag/dcj/pdfs/NJ-OAG-Stun-Gun-Policy-10-2010.pdf

......:wavey:

That's what I get for not bothering to keep up to date on those stupid friggin laws. I checked in 2009 and saw they were illegal.

FM12
09-17-2011, 11:50
He would have died from a taser shoot! Silly rabbits!