WordPress help please! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WordPress help please!

BLau
09-17-2011, 15:31
Here is my website: www.sketch14.com

It is using the Piano Black theme and I want to put my logo into the black bar the goes across the page. I've tried going under Appearance, Theme Options, and then checking the "Use your image" box and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me out? I've searched all over the net and can't find an answer.

Green_Manelishi
09-17-2011, 17:06
Here is my website: www.sketch14.com

It is using the Piano Black theme and I want to put my logo into the black bar the goes across the page. I've tried going under Appearance, Theme Options, and then checking the "Use your image" box and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me out? I've searched all over the net and can't find an answer.

IIRC, sometimes what is necessary is to rename the default logo and upload the logo you want as the name of the default. One of the problems I've read that plagues WP is that updates can invalidate a shyte-load of customization.

BLau
09-17-2011, 18:17
Thanks. I noticed that there was a default 'logo.gif' that was in the text field. I'll try to reinstall it again as I made a whole lot of changes.

BLau
09-17-2011, 19:37
It didn't work earlier because there was a typo in the instructions where I name the file. It read:

wp-contents/themes/pianoblack/img/

Should have read:

wp-contents/themes/piano-black/img/

Now I just have to figure out how to line it up with the black bar. Please look: www.sketch14.com

Pierre!
09-17-2011, 20:16
What I would do is take the logo and the black 'header'... and merge them using Gimp - Save as the Gimp formatted file (in case you need to adjust it later) and then save it as either a JPG or PNG file.

This method will allow you to adjust the location of the logo to your taste! If you wanted, you could also add some additional text to the header...

You work with Gimp? or some other image editor?

Patrick

BLau
09-17-2011, 20:58
Yes I do have Gimp. The black bar is actually adjustable in WP so I am try to figure that out.

Edit:

I shrank down the logo to match up with the black box. Check it out now. www.sketch14.com Oh great, now all of the text down at the bottom got pushed to the side...

Edit:

Last one hopefully, I fixed it back up...

Pierre!
09-20-2011, 08:10
Yes I do have Gimp. The black bar is actually adjustable in WP so I am try to figure that out.

Edit:

I shrank down the logo to match up with the black box. Check it out now. www.sketch14.com Oh great, now all of the text down at the bottom got pushed to the side...

Edit:

Last one hopefully, I fixed it back up...

Looks good now! :cool:

Zombie Safari... Nice Idea to build a local shooting match around... :supergrin:

Patrick

BLau
09-20-2011, 18:37
Thanks for the compliments.

My friend was on this contest on FaceBook where the Fear Fest guys were looking for t-shirt ideas. Although my friend didn't win, he got hired to do the artwork. I didn't understand the politics behind the contest, but they let some guy who didn't finish the concept design win so they could hire my friend. My friend had the most votes and the other guy only had about two. Go figure...Anyway, my friend got the better part of the deal.

I am helping my friend present his artwork in a more professional manner with this website.

If you want more info on paintball and zombies, check this out:
http://www.fearfesthauntedhouse.com/

Green_Manelishi
09-30-2011, 13:45
Well done !!!

BLau
09-30-2011, 15:29
Thank you but it's not finished yet. My friend still has to give me a small bio for the About Me page and still have to add more content to the pages so they don't seem so bare.

Green_Manelishi
10-02-2011, 12:45
Thank you but it's not finished yet. My friend still has to give me a small bio for the About Me page and still have to add more content to the pages so they don't seem so bare.

If I thought it looked like crap, finished or not, I'd have not said well done. :supergrin:

BLau
10-02-2011, 12:59
If I thought it looked like crap, finished or not, I'd have not said well done. :supergrin:

Thank you for the compliments.:wavey: