Anyone w/ a Barska 3-9 Scope? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/ a Barska 3-9 Scope?

jhertzler
09-18-2011, 09:37
I bought one of these after shopping around quite a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/BARSKA-Contour-Riflescope-Mil-Plex-Picatinny/dp/B001JJCHRA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1316360151&sr=8-16

I hope it's a good choice for a cheap tactical scope for AR15. Does anyone else have one and could you let me know you like it (or not)? Thanks. Joe

Gunnut 45/454
09-18-2011, 10:56
Well expect to get trashed for not buying the latest wis bang, Tacti cool opic for your AR.:whistling: I don't own that scope but I do have two of the 4x Barska's on my A2 uppers. They work for me, they of course are not tacti cool cause they didn't cost $500 plus and don't wear some Tacti cool name plate or loggo! If it helps you put the bullets where they need to be it works!:supergrin:

BBJones
09-18-2011, 11:12
Well expect to get trashed for not buying the latest wis bang, Tacti cool opic for your AR.:whistling: I don't own that scope but I do have two of the 4x Barska's on my A2 uppers. They work for me, they of course are not tacti cool cause they didn't cost $500 plus and don't wear some Tacti cool name plate or loggo! If it helps you put the bullets where they need to be it works!:supergrin:

I am not going to trash him or the scope, but you are getting $71 worth of scope. As long as you don't expect more out of it you will be happy. If it happens to go **** up, you only lost $71.

K. Foster
09-18-2011, 13:33
These questions are best asked before you make a purchase. It’s not my intention to trash you but I would not own or recommend a Barska product. I feel they are cheaply made and will not stand up to much use. With optics, you really do get what you pay for.

QNman
09-18-2011, 17:54
Since you asked....

I had one. Worked acceptably at 3x, looks like complete dog crap at higher power with much distortion. To the point anything over 6x was useless. I included it "no charge" on an AR I sold and will never own another.

I hope you have better luck.

jhertzler
09-18-2011, 19:08
I am not going to trash him or the scope, but you are getting $71 worth of scope. As long as you don't expect more out of it you will be happy. If it happens to go **** up, you only lost $71.

The adage that you get what you pay for is especially true for optics. This has really been true for the binoculars and camera lenses I've bought. However, every once in a while, I've been surprised at the good quality of some of the cheaper optics I've bought. We'll see how this goes. Maybe OK, maybe not. jrh