Ameriglo Night Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Night Sights

TxGlock9
09-18-2011, 21:06
So I have down to Operator and Pro Operator.

Was reading their FAQ website and got :

What is the difference between the Classic and Pro (and difference between Operator and Pro Operator) sights for Glocks?
The Classic and Pro Series both use a .140" wide front (item GL-112)
The Operator and Pro Operator both use a .125" wide front (item GL-112T)
The Pro and Pro Operator rear sight notch is .180" wide
Classic and Operator rear sight notch is .150" wide
The Pro and Pro Operator rear is longer, extending back toward the end of the slide
The Pro and Pro Operator rear face is undercut a few degrees, eliminating glare
The Classic and Operator rear sight is better suited for catching on a belt to rack slide (one hand)
All models discussed in this Answer are installed using the GTool2 (or a factory sight tool)

Seems to me that the Original operators will have less space to let light in when lining up sights, and the Pro Operators will let in a lot of light. What's the difference?
Also I see that all Pro series version rear sights extend to the back of the slide. Any benefits to this? I see none. I'm leaning towards the regular operators in green/yellow combo.

tnharley
09-18-2011, 21:53
Best combo IMO is the GL-433 which is the flat black serrated rear combined with the super bright orange ring around the green optic in the front. Awesome combo on my G27. You can see the orange across the room.

TexasPOff
09-18-2011, 21:59
The Pro series are great sights. I used them until I switched to their I-Dots which I now have on all my pistols, including my M&P. I like the operators a bit better. The rear tritium does not have white outlines on them, less destraction. The front does have a white outline, draws your eye to it. The rear sight has a wider notch on the operators. It allows better sight placement. The wider notch allows more area to show up through the sight, which helps you place the front sight on target quicker. At least it does for me. If the pistol is a target/range gun, the narrow rear standard Pro Series may be best. For a HD/Combat gun, the wider notch, Operator Series helps better with quick sight on target placement. Just my opinion of course. You can't go wrong with either set. It just comes down to personal preference, and what works better for you. TXPO

TxGlock9
09-18-2011, 22:11
Thanks TXOff.. I think I'll be going with the original Operators with the contrasting green/orange sights. I was going to get the I dots but saw some in pictures and decided against them.

jayhuh
09-19-2011, 19:26
I just switched all my Glocks from three dot Glock night sights / Trijicon NS, to Ameriglo Hacks. You only should be focusing on the frint sight anyways. My low light shooting experience with three dot set-ups was slow compared to the single tritium front sight set-up. I'm much faster and more accurate now. Just my experience.

thepapa
09-23-2011, 22:45
Hey TxGlock9, not sure if you have purchased your sights yet, but I think you cant go wrong with Ameriglos. I just installed a Pro-glo GL-212-GR-C for my front, and the Pro Operator GL-229-OP-R on the rear of my G23. All I can say is WOW. The front is green tritium with a green outline. The outline looks more like a chartruse color and really stands out in the light. The rears have no outline and the tritium is yellow. I took a chance putting this combo together, but I couldn't be more satisfied with them. It is very easy to focus on the front sight in the light, and in low light conditions, the contrast between the yellow and green is amazing. The rear sights fit very very tightly, so you may want a sight pusher for them. I didn't have a pusher and installed them the old fashioned way, it was a real pain. Good luck with your purchase.

frankt
09-26-2011, 08:39
Best combo IMO is the GL-433 which is the flat black serrated rear combined with the super bright orange ring around the green optic in the front. Awesome combo on my G27. You can see the orange across the room.

I have these on my G30 CCW gun. I think they are a good choice to. I don't want to see a lot of dots.