scary stuff....it could happen... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : scary stuff....it could happen...

kcb
09-19-2011, 16:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzWcrXVtwg

gruntmedik
09-19-2011, 17:39
I have been a HAZMAT Technician on a HAZMAT Team. I was a fire fighter for 6 years. I was trained in Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical in the USMC. I deal with bloodbourne pathogens at work.

Getting nuked doesn't scare me--it can be detected easily.
Most chemical spills don't scare me--they can be detected easily.
Biological Warfare scares the crap out of me--by the time it is detected, it is far too late.

kcb
09-19-2011, 17:57
I have been a HAZMAT Technician on a HAZMAT Team. I was a fire fighter for 6 years. I was trained in Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical in the USMC. I deal with bloodbourne pathogens at work.

Biological Warfare scares the crap out of me--by the time it is detected, it is far too late.

I totally agree!

:agree:

HotRoderX
09-19-2011, 18:03

:agree:

kcb
09-19-2011, 18:12
Has anyone seen "Contagent" yet?

We want to go see it. I know my hubby will want to lock me up in the house once he sees it, though.

I work with children, and try to constantly teach them how NOT to spread germs. It's a thankless job.

Dinky
09-19-2011, 18:21

Been there and done that and I agree, Biological scares the crap out of me...

HiddenEyes
09-19-2011, 20:52
Yeah, bio attacks are by far the ones to worry about. Only thing keeping it from happening is difficulty of delivery. There is some really scary stuff out there, but they can't weaponize it--yet. Other trouble is first contact stuff that makes people really sick, but they can't pass it on. Then there is stuff that passes easily, but doesn't make a person as sick; such as the common cold. The experts used to tell us that when some terrorist get lucky and put all three together it will shut the world down for at least months; even if the death toll was fairly low.

Mr. HE:cool:

HiddenEyes
09-19-2011, 23:29
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/HiddenEyes/Yar2.gif

Mr. HE:cool: