Sheriff Joe Arpaio selects 5 Member Cold-Case Posse to Investigate B.C. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Joe Arpaio selects 5 Member Cold-Case Posse to Investigate B.C.

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 10:46
On September 15, 2011, I was contacted by the lead investigator for the newly formed Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Cold-Case Posse. The purpose of the Cold-Case Posse is to investigate the Certificate of Live Birth that President Barack Obama produced and displayed to the public on April 27, 2011. The Surprise Tea Party made the request based on the reports of 20 experts who have stated there are many issues that would indicate that the document as posted on the White House website, may be a forgery. If the document is determined to be a forgery, it may have an impact on Barack Obama's ability to be placed on the 2012 presidential Ballot in Arizona. I was told that this investigation "is not political" and the investigation will be done with the "utmost diligence." The Cold-Case Posse is a posse within the 3,000 member MCSO Posse. The Cold-Case Posse constists of a 5 member team, well versed in investigations. Sheriff Arpaio has set up the Cold Case Posse as a 501 ( c ) 3 non-profit organization. This investigation will be the first investigation in U.S. history by a county sheriff of a sitting president. Tax deductible donations to the investigation may be made to:

MCSO Cold-Case Posse
P.O. Box 74374
Phoenix, Arizona 85087

For further information and verification please contact the Public Information Officer, Lt. Justin Griffin at the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

DaBigBR
09-20-2011, 12:02
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Do you really want to pretend that this is not political? Do you really believe that any self-respecting cop is going to give money to such a bull**** cause? I really don't care where the guy was born, but this is a load of crap.

Gangrel
09-20-2011, 12:11
I can't believe that guy is allowed to lead a law enforcement agency.

PinkoCommie
09-20-2011, 12:14
Someone needs to adjust his medication.

Patchman
09-20-2011, 13:31
Wow, head of a LE agency soliciting private funds for investigations?

I would love to be head of any of the large LE agencies around this country. I'd be pressing all the large corporations in my jurisdiction to donate $$$ for "special investigations."

Electrikkoolaid
09-20-2011, 13:51
He's starting to get too far off in the weeds these days.

Sam Spade
09-20-2011, 14:16
Sounds like he's giving serious consideration to a run for Kyl's Senate seat....

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 14:43
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Do you really want to pretend that this is not political? Do you really believe that any self-respecting cop is going to give money to such a bull**** cause? I really don't care where the guy was born, but this is a load of crap.

No, I'm not kidding.

It's not a matter of where he is born, the issue is the authenticity of the document itself.

OldCurlyWolf
09-20-2011, 15:25
Whether or not the "Birth Certificate" posted on the web is accurate and truthful in all points of information provided, it is my opinion that the document itself is a forgery.

My opinion, and I despise the current Adult occupants of the WH, has always been: His mother was until her demise a citizen, so he is also, no matter his place of birth.

Javelin
09-20-2011, 15:29
If the POTUS is an illegal immigrant we need to deport him. Plain and simple.

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 16:32
Whether or not the "Birth Certificate" posted on the web is accurate and truthful in all points of information provided, it is my opinion that the document itself is a forgery.

My opinion, and I despise the current Adult occupants of the WH, has always been: His mother was until her demise a citizen, so he is also, no matter his place of birth.

If the document is a forgery, all bets are off. Article 2, Sec. 1 of the Constitution states that to be eligible to be president one must be a "natural born Citizen." When the Constitution was written the definition of "natural born Citizen" was understood to mean being born of citizen parents in the country of their citizenship. In Barack Obama's case, his parents were not both citizens of the United States. Yes, Obama is a citizen according to his birth certificate, but not a "natural born citizen." For example, even though Marco Rubio was born as a citizen in the United States, he is not a "natural born Citizen" because both of his parents were Cuban citizens at the time of this birth in America. Since 2003, Congress has tried 8 times to amend Article 2, Sec. 1 (natural born Citizen) of the Constitution without success. In 2008, Senator McCain was declared by Congress in Senate Resoluution 511, a "natural born Citizen " because he was born of citizen parents on a U.S. military base. Again a key factor was citizen parents (plural). Amazingly, McCain never asked the Senate to place Obama under the same scrutiny. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton co-sponsored SR 511. If Obama was scrutinized it would have been difficult to define him as being a "natural born Citizen" with only one citizen parent. Also, dual citizenship (British / American) at the time of his birth would have disqualified Obama with the founders.

The issue with Sheriff Arpaio is simply whether the document is authentic or a forgery, which is a class 6 felony in Arizona and a felony under US Code.

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 16:36
If the POTUS is an illegal immigrant we need to deport him. Plain and simple.

I'm surprised that even outspoken Congressman Ron Paul won't touch the birth certificate issue. It's almost as though Congress has been told to back away, along with the courts and the media.

Sam Spade
09-20-2011, 16:37
The issue with Sheriff Arpaio is simply whether the document is authentic or a forgery, which is a class 6 felony in Arizona and a felony under US Code.

The issue with Sheriff Arpaio is simply how much press he can get and how many Sun City voters will be impressed by it.

(And forgery is a class 4 felony here, not that it matters one whit in this case.)

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 16:41
The issue with Sheriff Arpaio is simply how much press he can get and how many Sun City voters will be impressed by it.

(And forgery is a class 4 felony here, not that it matters one whit in this case.)

Even without this issue, he always gets roughly 65% to 75% of the vote.

Con43
09-20-2011, 16:45

You might want to read and understand the exact law pertaining to this. While he may well be a citizen :whistling: the question is,is he a natural born citizen as required by the constitution. But hey don't let facts get in the way of a your opinion :rofl:.

Cav
09-20-2011, 16:49
I dont know that a Sheriff can cross state and county lines to look into a Federal or State issue that really has no dealing in his scope of authority as a Sheriff.

Waste of money and time IMHO.

CanIhaveGasCash
09-20-2011, 17:01
Why is this in cop talk? This crap needs to go somewhere else.

SamColtFan
09-20-2011, 17:19
Why is this in cop talk? This crap needs to go somewhere else.

Sheriff Joe is a.....cop. The (5) investigators are working for........the top cop. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is a............cop shop. The investigation is an official.......cop investigation. I placed this in ......cop talk. Seems appropriate to me.

steveksux
09-20-2011, 17:46
I'm surprised that even outspoken Congressman Ron Paul won't touch the birth certificate issue. It's almost as though Congress has been told to back away, along with the courts and the media.

Its kind of like how they've refused to investigate whether the moon landings were faked.

Randy

Mayhem like Me
09-20-2011, 17:48
Sheriff Joe is a.....cop. The (5) investigators are working for........the top cop. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is a............cop shop. The investigation is an official.......cop investigation. I placed this in ......cop talk. Seems appropriate to me.

This is a political Issue...Sheriff Joe is also an attention whore and gets the DT's when he's out of the news for more than 2 days

give me a break he can fart and call it a cure for cancer it does not make it so.....

Go lick his boots over in PI

steveksux
09-20-2011, 17:50

My opinion, and I despise the current Adult occupants of the WH, has always been: His mother was until her demise a citizen, so he is also, no matter his place of birth.Actually, I think she was not old enough to pass along citizenship that way. That doesn't matter if he was born here though, born here would make him a natural born citizen regardless of the nationality of either parent. If that were not so, there would not be an issue called "anchor babies" born of illegal immigrants.

Randy

DaBigBR
09-20-2011, 18:03
Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I said that I, as in me personally, do not give a **** where Barack Obama was born. I don't care. I really don't give a ****. I agree completely and wholeheartedly with those that take issue with a law enforcement officer soliciting private funds to conduct a politically motivated "investigation".

You cannot and will not convince anybody that this is occuring for non-political reasons. Hell, it's doubly political in that Sheriff Joe is using it to target a political figure AND because he's using it to get political attention for himself. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Vigilant
09-20-2011, 18:03
This is a political Issue...Sheriff Joe is also an attention whore and gets the DT's when he's out of the news for more than 2 days

give me a break he can fart and call it a cure for cancer it does not make it so.....

I strongly suspect that one left a mark.... :rofl:

TreverSlyFox
09-21-2011, 03:34
Interesting how many sworn to uphold the Constitution could give a ****** what it says and are unwilling to support it's enforcement. Y'all are class acts.

Patchman
09-21-2011, 04:44
Interesting how many sworn to uphold the Constitution could give a ****** what it says and are unwilling to support it's enforcement. Y'all are class acts.

When a public official is soliciting private contributions to uphold parts of the Constitution, that's a class act.

Legalize and codify this practice and I'd be the first to run for public office. You, John Q Citizen, is having garbage pickup issues? Donate to my "special attention" fund and I'll make sure the sanitation boys give your house the special attention it deserves. You manage the local mall and the stores there are plagued by shoplifting? Donate to my "special projects" fund and I'll form a Shoplifting Taskforce. Your factory plagued by employee "troublemakers?" Contribute to my other "special projects" fund and...

Contribute and ye shall receive. :)

Unistat
09-21-2011, 06:50
Even if you don't believe Obama is a citizen under the principle of jus soli, he is a Natural Born Citizen under the principle of jus sanguinis.

His mother was a citizen. At the time of Obama's birth his mother had lived in the U.S. a sufficient amount of time for him to be a natural born citizen, regardless of the location of his birth. This statement was a mistake on my part. Please see below. The law is very clear. There is a chart for it and everything.

Ask one of the Border Patrol Agents on the forum, they learn this stuff in the first couple of weeks at the academy and deal with it every day. It is their bread and butter.

As to this "posse," while I believe Sheriff Joe is capable of such a stunt, I'm not going to automatically believe this is legitimately from him without confirmation.

Unistat
09-21-2011, 06:53
Its kind of like how they've refused to investigate whether the moon landings were faked.

Randy

See my sig, please.

TheGreatGonzo
09-21-2011, 07:31
I don't know why anyone would be shocked or surprised. Sheriff Joe is an elected politician doing political things. He is grandstanding as all politicians do. I do find it sad, however, that a once effective law enforcement leader has taken a very squared away and well respected law enforcement agency like MCSO and turned it into his personal circus for political purposes. With reality show level stunts like this, he takes away from his actual effective law enforcement efforts such as enforcing immigration laws and protecting the border when the federal government refuses to do so. Of course, this is the same Sheriff that has allowed Steven Segal to move his (alternate) reality show to his department, which should probably tell you everything you need to know. :whistling:
Gonzo

Hack
09-21-2011, 07:42
Even if you don't believe Obama is a citizen under the principle of jus soli, he is a Natural Born Citizen under the principle of jus sanguinis.

His mother was a citizen. At the time of Obama's birth his mother had lived in the U.S. a sufficient amount of time for him to be a natural born citizen, regardless of the location of his birth. The law is very clear. There is a chart for it and everything.

Ask one of the Border Patrol Agents on the forum, they learn this stuff in the first couple of weeks at the academy and deal with it every day. It is their bread and butter.

As to this "posse," while I believe Sheriff Joe is capable of such a stunt, I'm not going to automatically believe this is illegitimately from him without confirmation.

Interesting. What evidence are you using to establish that?

Sam Spade
09-21-2011, 07:43

Bull.

Are you genuinely misinformed, but well-intentioned, or are you deliberately spreading false info?

Unistat
09-21-2011, 08:23
Interesting. What evidence are you using to establish that?

Well, if B.O.'s parents were legally married and he was born abroad, he would not have met the requirements for jus sanguinis. The law at the time required the citizen parent to have lived in the U.S. for 10 years, 5 of them after the age of 14. B.O.'s mom was just a few months shy of 19 when he was born, so she did not meet the requirement. I was mistaken in my first post.

However, B.O. Sr. was already married in Kenya when he married Ann Dunham. Therefore B.O. was born to an unmarried U.S. citizen woman. If a child is born abroad to a single U.S. citizen mother, that child is a citizen if the mother lived in the U.S. for 1 continuous year at any time prior to the child's birth.

Yes, it is actually easier for the children of single U.S.C. women to inherit citizenship than it is for the children of married U.S.C. women.

So, if B.O. was born abroad (which I don't believe) he is a natural born U.S.C. (jus sanguinis) because his father lied to his mother and told her he was not married.

Hack
09-21-2011, 08:27
Well, if B.O.'s parents were legally married and he was born abroad, he would not have met the requirements for jus sanguinis. The law at the time required the citizen parent to have lived in the U.S. for 10 years, 5 of them after the age of 14. B.O.'s mom was just a few months shy of 19 when he was born, so she did not meet the requirement.

However, B.O. Sr. was already married in Kenya when he married Ann Dunham. Therefore B.O. was born to an unmarried U.S. citizen woman. If a child is born abroad to a single U.S. citizen mother, that child is a citizen if the mother lived in the U.S. for 1 continuous year at any time prior to the child's birth.

You mentioned the border patrol has a set of standards that they use for that kind of thing?

Unistat
09-21-2011, 09:09
You mentioned the border patrol has a set of standards that they use for that kind of thing?

The BP (as well as CBP and ICE) have the law and judicial decisions that they use to determine people's status. There is "the chart" which is actually three different tables that list the requirements to transmit citizenship to offspring depending on what the law was when the child was born. Probably most BPAs don't bother to carry the chart around with them in the field though, :)

If you posit that The President was born abroad, his citizenship status actually reads like a problem from a Nat. Law test at the Academy.

Hack
09-21-2011, 09:40
The BP (as well as CBP and ICE) have the law and judicial decisions that they use to determine people's status. There is "the chart" which is actually three different tables that list the requirements to transmit citizenship to offspring depending on what the law was when the child was born. Probably most BPAs don't bother to carry the chart around with them in the field though, :)

If you posit that The President was born abroad, his citizenship status actually reads like a problem from a Nat. Law test at the Academy.

Interesting. I would like to see that chart sometime.

merlynusn
09-21-2011, 09:49
Do I think he should have released his birth certificate much sooner than he did? Yes, mostly because there was question. If I was President and there was a question over it, I'd release it and end the question. He didn't and it allowed it to grow into this.

Do I think he is a US Citizen? Yes I do.

Do I disagree with the OP's theory that a person born here to non-citizens is not a citizen or that a person with dual citizenship is not a citizen? NO, absolutely not.

Those who are born here should be US citizens. Does it cause problems? yes it does. But how did I get my citizenship? I was born here, period. If you are born overseas to a military member, you are automatically a US citizen and a citizen of the country you are born in. Why? Because they were born in that country and they were born to serving Americans abroad. Because they are a dual citizen, does that make them any less of an American? Nope.

And contrary to what the government believes, you can't really renounce your citizenship. You are a citizen by birth and nothing you do will ever change that. All the renouncement does is "show" where your loyalties lie.

Unistat
09-21-2011, 09:57
Interesting. I would like to see that chart sometime.
Chart 1. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33237.html)

Chart 2. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33254.html)

Chart 3. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33264.html)

Hack
09-21-2011, 10:33
Chart 1. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33237.html)

Chart 2. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33254.html)

Chart 3. (http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-26573/0-0-0-33264.html)

Thanks. I'll study those indepth later.

ateamer
09-21-2011, 10:37
So, is Arpaio saying that if a forgery took place, that it occurred in Maricopa County? Or is he just saying that he is trying to get more votes and give the old guys something else to do to pretend that they're cops so they'll vote for him?

A6Gator
09-21-2011, 10:52
It appears whether Barry was born here or not doesn't seem to matter, but since there are a lot of people here with the answers, I just have a couple questions about the long form birth certificate:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

If Barry was born in 1961, it lists his father as being from Kenya, East Africa, but Kenya didn't become a country until 1963. Until '63, it was known as British East African Protectorate.

The hospital he was born in is listed as the Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital. The hospital wasn't named that until 1978 when the Kaui Keolani Children's Hospital and the Kapi'olani Maternity Home merged.

If he was born in Kenya, but his mother gives him citizenship, why doesn't his being born in Hawaii give him Kenyan citizenship by his father?

Cochese
09-21-2011, 11:07

This doesn't fall under the purview of 99.9% of the members of CopTalk, so take your insults and go pound sand.

Cruiser1
09-21-2011, 13:35
Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I said that I, as in me personally, do not give a **** where Barack Obama was born. I don't care. I really don't give a ****. I agree completely and wholeheartedly with those that take issue with a law enforcement officer soliciting private funds to conduct a politically motivated "investigation".

You cannot and will not convince anybody that this is occuring for non-political reasons. Hell, it's doubly political in that Sheriff Joe is using it to target a political figure AND because he's using it to get political attention for himself. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fool.

DITTO!!

I don't see the big deal, The Sheriff needs a little publicity (he is at least getting some here) and it is not like President Obama is going to get reelected. One hit wonder and gone, gone, gone.

blueiron
09-21-2011, 14:04
Once again, America's Toughest Clown issues a press release...

I spent my entire career working in Maricopa County and a sad majority of it was having to deal with the stupidity that the elected doddering fool came up with - closing satellite jails, having two deputies in a district that was a quarter of the 5th largest county in the nation, stripping lake patrols of personnel and equipment, turning SAR into a 12 hour process to get it approved, reducing detention staffing to where assaults are a regular occurrence, refusing to cooperate with other LE agencies, setting up a corruption unit and pursuing political opponents - not criminals, etc.

Joe Arpaio is a complete fool. I talked to enough people who worked with him at DEA and the guy couldn't set up a buy-bust of any size. He was considered so incompetent, that his nickname was Nickel Bag Joe. Many of them were incredulous when he got elected and kept on getting re-elected.

The man has over a dozen people in his PR section just to spread his version of anything.

Want to talk about bloat in government? Look at his posses -

Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office Posse Roster by Category

Administrative:

Executive Posse
Instructor Posse
Metro Assistance Posse
Operations Posse
Special Projects Posse
Youth Education Posse

City & Town Specific:

Anthem Posse
Blue Point Posse
Chaparral Posse
Desert Foothills Posse
Dreamland Villa Posse
Fountain Hills Posse
Litchfield Park Posse
Mesa Southside Posse
North Valley Posse
Sun City Posse
Sun City West Posse
Sun Lakes Posse
Surprise Posse
Westbrook Village Posse
White Tank Mounted Posse

Patrol Support:

Community Services Posse
Enforcement Support Posse
Maricopa K-9 Posse
Motors Posse

Mission Specific:

Cold Case Posse
Communications Posse
Crime Prevention Posse
Cyber Posse
Dares Posse
Divers Posse
Emergency Response Posse
Medical Rescue Posse
MPCA Posse
NW Crime Suppression
Queen Creek Crime Prevention Posse
Ranger Posse
Special Assignment Unit Posse
Special Forces Posse
Street Crime Intervention Posse
Tactical Support Posse
Tactical Vehicle Posse
Technical Rescue
West Valley Posse

Search and Rescue:

Air Posse
Buckeye Mounted Posse
Desert Search Posse
Eas Valley Mounted Posse
Fountain Hills Mounted Posse
Helicopter Posse
High Desert SAR Posse
Jeep Posse
Maricopa Mounted Posse
McDowell Mountain SAR Posse
Mesa Mounted Posse
Mesquite Mounted Possed
Mountain Rescue Posse
New River Search and Rescue Posse
Pioneer Search and Rescue Posse
Queen Creek Mounted Posse
Rio Salado Mounted Posse
Scottsdale Mounted Posse
Scottsdale Search and Rescue Posse
Search and Rescue KHOR Posse
Southside Mounted Posse
Special Operations Air Posse
Westside Mounted Posse
Wickenburg Search and Rescue Posse

Yes, the people in them are volunteers, but it costs taxpayers plenty to find them and get them equipment. Does it really make sense to take volunteers who are not sworn AZPOST cops and give them USSS dignitary protection training and class III weapons [Executive Posse]? Do you really want a volunteer with no police motor officer training or police training whatsoever and allow them to buy a fully marked enforcement motorcycle and ride it around on county insurance? Many of these people are nothing more than MCSO endorsed whackers - with emergency lights on their POVs, firearms, and a posse ID card.

Arpaio is a delusional whackjob.

Gangrel
09-21-2011, 15:03
So that's how he gets reelected, the entire county works for him.

DaBigBR
09-21-2011, 15:05

Aside from the fact that this really lies far outside the purview of local and county level law enforcement, there is something called "discretion" in our profession that allows us to avoid wasting resources on matters like this, and I suppose prevents us from asking the public for donations.

Goldendog Redux
09-21-2011, 15:14

Well, it is not. Anyway you, along with along with anyone else who supports this is a fool. It is an official waste of time and a simple publicity stunt.

MF

Mayhem like Me
09-21-2011, 15:20

Search the term "venue"

then search "waste of time" and get back to me Mr. holier than thou.. I have REAL CRIMINALS to catch.

Sam Spade
09-21-2011, 16:24
To the OP:

Thread's probably not running the direction you expected, is it?

Mayhem like Me
09-21-2011, 18:30

I'm guessing you're an oathkeeper?

Vigilant
09-21-2011, 19:40
Search the term "venue"

then search "waste of time" and get back to me Mr. holier than thou.. I have REAL CRIMINALS to catch.

I submit, with respect, that the question of whether or not BO is a real criminal is another whole subject. Perhaps 'crook' is a better word? Con? Sheister? Carpetbagger? Mouth breather?

Just sayin'.........

PinkoCommie
09-21-2011, 20:42

Quoted for truth...

Mrs.Cicero
09-21-2011, 22:19
Well, if B.O.'s parents were legally married and he was born abroad, he would not have met the requirements for jus sanguinis. The law at the time required the citizen parent to have lived in the U.S. for 10 years, 5 of them after the age of 14. B.O.'s mom was just a few months shy of 19 when he was born, so she did not meet the requirement. I was mistaken in my first post.

Yes, it is actually easier for the children of single U.S.C. women to inherit citizenship than it is for the children of married U.S.C. women.

So, if B.O. was born abroad (which I don't believe) he is a natural born U.S.C. (jus sanguinis) because his father lied to his mother and told her he was not married.

I don't think him being married to some woman in Kenya first negates his marriage to B.O.'s mother, does it? It just makes his father a bigamist. Which would make B.O. not a natural-born citizen.

Mrs.Cicero

blueiron
09-21-2011, 23:05
Who cares?

Like it or not, he is the President and nothing can change it. It is time to move on to electing someone else and work to impose controls which prevent fools, liars, and narcissists from being elected to Commander in Chief.

Stop obsessing about 2008.

Unistat
09-22-2011, 06:31
I don't think him being married to some woman in Kenya first negates his marriage to B.O.'s mother, does it? It just makes his father a bigamist. Which would make B.O. not a natural-born citizen.

Mrs.Cicero

I guess the technicalities might depend on the state, but in all 50 states bigamy is against the law. The second marriage is annulled because bigamy is illegal.

Except this is hypothetical because he was born in the U.S.

A6Gator
09-22-2011, 07:42
work to impose controls which prevent fools, liars, and narcissists from being elected to Commander in Chief.

You're really thinning out the politician gene pool...:supergrin:

Morris
09-22-2011, 18:16
Christ on a cracker . . . just when I thought I had seen the ultimate in asshattery, this thread pops up.

Screw it, I'm making caramel corn this time.

Patchman
09-22-2011, 19:17

Mrs.Cicero

I'm trying to remember, but I think by operation of law, any second marriage is automatically invalid, like it never happened. No court order or anything is needed. Kind of like marrying your own brother or sister, widowed father or widowed mother.

And it wouldn't matter the first marriage occurred outside the U.S. As long as that marriage is considered a valid marriage in that country, the U.S. considers it a legitimate marriage. (Think immigrant families).

I believe that when a man who has more than 1 wife (legally) from a country where poligomy is legal and they all immigrate here, only the first marriage is recognized.

lawman800
09-25-2011, 04:34
The marriage to Ann is invalid by operation of law because the first marriage in Kenya is still valid. That isn't the issue here.

His birth place also isn't the issue here.

The issue is whether a document presented by a public official to establish eligibility for office is authentic. The sheriff can argue he has a duty to protect the voters in his county from fraud. If anyone disagrees, they can file an injunction to stop him.

I don't agree about the private fund raising for a public investigation for a public interest with huge political ramifications. If you are going to do this, keep it a clean and impartial as you can. There can't be one iota of prejudice or predetermination.

tecate321
09-25-2011, 05:06
~!~!~!~! Go joe ~!~!~!~! Go joe ~!~!~!~! Go joe ~!~!~!

Sam Spade
09-25-2011, 07:31
The issue is whether a document presented by a public official to establish eligibility for office is authentic. The sheriff can argue he has a duty to protect the courts in his county from fraud. If anyone disagrees, they can file an injunction to stop him.

I'm unaware that BO, or any candidate ever, has presented a birth certificate in Maricopa County to establish eligibility. A cite? I'm unaware that BO presented this certificate. A cite to that? And while you're at it, where does a county sheriff have any input to who's on a state ballot?

No, the real issue is about Sheriff Joe. He's an embarrassment and a media whore.

w01
09-25-2011, 08:01
I'm unaware that BO, or any candidate ever, has presented a birth certificate in Maricopa County to establish eligibility. A cite? I'm unaware that BO presented this certificate. A cite to that? And while you're at it, where does a county sheriff have any input to who's on a state ballot?

No, the real issue is about Sheriff Joe. He's an embarrassment and a media whore.

This

and unfortunately, this theater of the absurd distracts the leadership of a major law enforcement agency from addressing legitimate LE priorities in Maricopa County.

razdog76
09-25-2011, 09:25
With that much revenue to beat a dead horse (look at Trump's attempt), I sure wish he would send some my agencies way.

I would be ecstatic to have a funded position on each shift in patrol.

relayman
09-25-2011, 09:38
Sometimes , I admire somebody just because he annoys the hell out of certain other people .

steveksux
09-25-2011, 09:46
I'm trying to remember, but I think by operation of law, any second marriage is automatically invalid, like it never happened. No court order or anything is needed. Kind of like marrying your own brother or sister, widowed father or widowed mother.

And it wouldn't matter the first marriage occurred outside the U.S. As long as that marriage is considered a valid marriage in that country, the U.S. considers it a legitimate marriage. (Think immigrant families).

I believe that when a man who has more than 1 wife (legally) from a country where poligomy is legal and they all immigrate here, only the first marriage is recognized.
So if bigamy is having one wife too many, what's the difference between that and regular marriage?

Randy

David Armstrong
09-25-2011, 11:17
Let's see now....IIRC the courts have said he is a citizen, the State Dept. has said he is a citizen, and the state of Hawaii has said he is a citizen. So now a county sheriff is going to investigate his citizenship? LOL!!

lawman800
09-25-2011, 12:25

This

and unfortunately, this theater of the absurd distracts the leadership of a major law enforcement agency from addressing legitimate LE priorities in Maricopa County.

Hey, I ain't got no dog in this fight. He ain't my sheriff and it ain't my county. All I said was it is something he can argue and if someone disagrees, file an injunction.

Then again, if he goes private completely and hands it off to a bunch of PI's, then nobody can stop them.

Joe is an elected official first and foremost. When you get elected to be law enforcement, a job which requires impartiality, it can get pretty skewed pretty fast.

Hack
09-25-2011, 15:05
So if bigamy is having one wife too many, what's the difference between that and regular marriage?

Randy

In some places they have polyandry. Here we have divorce and alimony. Ach, go figure.

blueiron
09-25-2011, 15:33
The problem is that there is no Constitutional mechanism to validate or to establish proof of natural U.S. citizenship. Birth certificates were handled by the local churches in the 18th and much of the 19th century.

In the modern era, the people who "vet" the candidates are the candidates' own political parties - not an independent objective commission or agency.

As a side note - anyone who supports Arpaio is either a political sycophant who relies on him for an office/promotion or a partisan idiot.

Many people don't know or willingly refuse to acknowledge he was a huge supporter of Janet Napolitano and vice versa.

http://www.slate.com/id/2205223/

He is nothing more than a publicity and office mongering slut.

mikegun
09-25-2011, 15:53
Havent we wasted enough time on this nonsense??? Joe is going to do what he does until the public puts a stop to it...simple IMHO

lawman800
09-25-2011, 19:02
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

MB-G26
09-26-2011, 03:43
Sounds like he's giving serious consideration to a run for Kyl's Senate seat....

Oh.gawd.no. NO.

When I caught the first few news reports of this, my thoughts were more along the lines of what in bloody hell does he thinks even remotely gives him any jurisdiction
in the matter whatsoever, and oh, yeah, it's been a while since the media lenses were trained in on him as he pontificated on and on about whatever his latest and greatest newest stupid idea and moves are, would be, blah, blah, blah, blah........

He's either - how's that go? - sly like a fox or clever like a ....... or something like that. How about brain-damaged, psychiatrically- impaired, seriously judgment-impaired, unqualified OCD media hound?

But NO, please not a seat State government, no, no, no.

I'm no Kyl fan, but JHC, Arpaio is a candidate or a full battery of psychiatric tests.........

Pepper45
09-26-2011, 04:14
Sometimes , I admire somebody just because he annoys the hell out of certain other people .

I can admire people like that, up until they start dishonoring those that work for them and support them by their unbalanced actions. The good sheriff is doing exactly that, and it's truly a shame. I'll bet there are some damned good cops working for him, just trying to get through a shift without being dragged kicking and screaming into some political manure-slinging fest that really has absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement in Maricopa County. That jackass of a sheriff ought to turn in his badge just for what he's doing to the good dedicated folks that work for him. Shame on him.

Mayhem like Me
09-26-2011, 18:27
I can admire people like that, up until they start dishonoring those that work for them and support them by their unbalanced actions. The good sheriff is doing exactly that, and it's truly a shame. I'll bet there are some damned good cops working for him, just trying to get through a shift without being dragged kicking and screaming into some political manure-slinging fest that really has absolutely nothing to do with law enforcement in Maricopa County. That jackass of a sheriff ought to turn in his badge just for what he's doing to the good dedicated folks that work for him. Shame on him.

QFTMFT.....

Amen.

DaBigBR
09-26-2011, 22:23

Are you talking about the blowhard Sheriff or the blowhard President? They both have the same impact on different groups of people in that regard.

Kahr_Glockman
09-26-2011, 23:17
Are you talking about the blowhard Sheriff or the blowhard President? They both have the same impact on different groups of people in that regard.

:rofl:

lawman800
09-27-2011, 05:23

Only difference is the president has the ability to screw 309M Americans abd others in the world while the good sheriff has way less influence.

relayman
09-28-2011, 19:11
Only difference is the president has the ability to screw 309M Americans abd others in the world while the good sheriff has way less influence. Yep , and I said " certain other people " . :cool:

rudeboy3
09-28-2011, 22:26
After all the BS that BO has given Maricopa SO about enforcing immigration laws and everything else, why should Joe NOT investigate him or at least defend himself and the department?

Patchman
09-29-2011, 05:16
After all the BS that BO has given Maricopa SO about enforcing immigration laws and everything else, why should Joe NOT investigate him or at least defend himself and the department?

Let's say one day you have a beef with one of the sheriff's financial contributors. Then the next day the sheriff's posse shows up at your house to look for housing code violations.

Narkcop
10-01-2011, 06:17
I'm AMAZED at the bleeding heart Liberal's that are on GT.

Narkcop
10-01-2011, 06:19

:thumbsup:

lawman800
10-01-2011, 10:13
All depends on who you hate more and who you want to talk about at the moment.

Unistat
10-01-2011, 10:59

Please, just because I assert the fact that Obama was born in the U.S. and I have the opinion that Sheriff Joe never passes up an opportunity for media exposure does not make me a liberal.

Goldendog Redux
10-01-2011, 14:45
Please, just because I assert the fact that Obama was born in the U.S. and I have the opinion that Sheriff Joe never passes up an opportunity for media exposure does not make me a liberal.

The word liberal is mostly just a way for people to describe someone who does not agree with their world view.

MF

Patchman
10-01-2011, 20:13

My position has always been that if I oppose the head of any LE agency soliciings private $$$ contributions $$$ to pursue their pet peeve investigations, then I am what I am.

I'll say it once again. If I were a $$$ contributor to this Sheriff's "special projects" fund, at some point I would feel entitled to some special attention.

Why? Because I've already bought and paid for it.

SamColtFan
01-20-2013, 08:38
Well, it is now January 2013. Barack Obama has been re-elected and he he is Hell bent on disarming America. Sheriff Arpaio was also re-elected with 53% of the vote. His Cold Case Posse developed probable cause that Mr. Obama's Certificate of Live Birth is a forgery. Also, PC was developed to indicate that Mr. Obama's Selective Service System registration form is a forgery. Finally, Mr. Obama's Social Security Number is in question.
Affidavits are on file which state that members of the media have been threatened not to discuss the Obama Birth Certificate.
Like it or not, these are the results of the investigation.

kenpoprofessor
01-20-2013, 08:45
Well, it is now January 2013. Barack Obama has been re-elected and he he is Hell bent on disarming America. Sheriff Arpaio was also re-elected with 53% of the vote. His Cold Case Posse developed probable cause that Mr. Obama's Certificate of Live Birth is a forgery. Also, PC was developed to indicate that Mr. Obama's Selective Service System registration form is a forgery. Finally, Mr. Obama's Social Security Number is in question.
Affidavits are on file which state that members of the media have been threatened not to discuss the Obama Birth Certificate.
Like it or not, these are the results of the investigation.

I see Orly Taitz is finally getting to see some action as well. Glad to see my tax dollars spent where they need to be, though some may consider this a waste of time. I dont :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Morris
01-20-2013, 09:03
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

RyanNREMTP
01-20-2013, 10:23
I wonder what the point was to resurrect this thread.

I compare Sheriff Joe to Jerry Jones, if they are out of the media spotlight too long they find some way to get back into it.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

blueiron
01-20-2013, 11:34
Did someone bother to get a Court order to exhume this rotted corpse of a thread? Arpaio is no better than Obama, both are power mad politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Lock this nonsense down.

kenpoprofessor
01-20-2013, 11:40
Did someone bother to get a Court order to exhume this rotted corpse of a thread? Arpaio is no better than Obama, both are power mad politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Lock this nonsense down.

Yep, our Sheriff is a media hound, and there's not a camera out there that he don't love :cool:

That being said, we love our Joe, and if you ask any criminal that's spent time in his jails, especially those in tent city, they will tell you they will never commit a crime in this county again.

Now, there are some unpleasant side effects to his grandstanding, but, they are miniscule in comparison to the good he does. It's why he continues to get elected every session he runs, and he doesn't even have to campaign.

Clyde

blueiron
01-20-2013, 11:48
Proof of the LCD.

lawman800
01-20-2013, 12:22
I'll take Joe over Barack anyday.

blueiron
01-20-2013, 12:46

Give me anarchy.

I'd rather suffer the violence of random thugs than the organized oppression of either of those megalomaniacs.

metal
01-20-2013, 13:01
I'd take Hillery over Obama so Joe would be a blessing :rofl:

SamColtFan
01-20-2013, 14:02

Lock this nonsense down.

Every sentence needs needs a period and every question needs an answer. Likewise, this thread needed to have the findings of the investigation presented. For those of you who like to stay in the dark, don't bother to read my remarks.

Most cops are inquisitive, like to know what's going on and would not be offended with the final outcome of the only law enforcement investigation of Mr. Obama in the nation.

My only guess is that the ones who object the most have nothing to do with law enforcement and have never taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Pity.

lawman800
01-20-2013, 14:24

The document has too many anomalies to be authentic. He is a native born citizen, not a natural born citizen.

Not according to the latest vote, but he still won, so what's it matter?

You might want to read and understand the exact law pertaining to this. While he may well be a citizen :whistling: the question is,is he a natural born citizen as required by the constitution. But hey don't let facts get in the way of a your opinion :rofl:.

Yep, who cares about the facts when you are popular?

I dont know that a Sheriff can cross state and county lines to look into a Federal or State issue that really has no dealing in his scope of authority as a Sheriff.

Only as it pertains to what happens in his County.

Actually, I think she was not old enough to pass along citizenship that way. That doesn't matter if he was born here though, born here would make him a natural born citizen regardless of the nationality of either parent. If that were not so, there would not be an issue called "anchor babies" born of illegal immigrants.

Anchor babies are made under an interpretation of the 14th Amendment which was actually a case involving the children of slaves who were not considered American citizens. The slaves were brought here involuntarily and lived here in servitude. It had nothing to do with illegal aliens voluntarily coming here to have kids to skirt the system.

If Barry was born in 1961, it lists his father as being from Kenya, East Africa, but Kenya didn't become a country until 1963. Until '63, it was known as British East African Protectorate.

Not sure about the nomenclature of the time as used in Hawaiian hospitals, but wouldn't they have typed "Negro" instead of "African" and "White" instead of "Caucasian" for the race of the father and mother, respectively?

Want to talk about bloat in government? Look at his posses

I'd work in his posse... just as soon as he forms a stay at home browsing the web shopping posse.

Bigamy is a crime and negates the second marriage as null and void in all states.

My only guess is that the ones who object the most have nothing to do with law enforcement and have never taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Pity.

That hurt.

DaBigBR
01-20-2013, 15:20
Yep, our Sheriff is a media hound, and there's not a camera out there that he don't love :cool:

That being said, we love our Joe, and if you ask any criminal that's spent time in his jails, especially those in tent city, they will tell you they will never commit a crime in this county again.

Now, there are some unpleasant side effects to his grandstanding, but, they are miniscule in comparison to the good he does. It's why he continues to get elected every session he runs, and he doesn't even have to campaign.

Clyde

Proof positive that you don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about. They choose to sit in the tents because they get "two for ones" for tent time (two days' credit for each day served). They DO come back and do so regularly. I spent all of three days in the MCSO jails and can tell you that damned near every inmate I talked to had been through their system over and over and over again, most to the tents.

metal
01-20-2013, 15:36
Proof positive that you don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about. They choose to sit in the tents because they get "two for ones" for tent time (two days' credit for each day served). They DO come back and do so regularly. I spent all of three days in the MCSO jails and can tell you that damned near every inmate I talked to had been through their system over and over and over again, most to the tents.

:wow: I didn't know that! That sort of changes things huh.

SamColtFan
01-20-2013, 16:36
The document has too many anomalies to be authentic. He is a native born citizen, not a natural born citizen.

Not according to the latest vote, but he still won, so what's it matter?

Yep, who cares about the facts when you are popular?

Only as it pertains to what happens in his County.

Anchor babies are made under an interpretation of the 14th Amendment which was actually a case involving the children of slaves who were not considered American citizens. The slaves were brought here involuntarily and lived here in servitude. It had nothing to do with illegal aliens voluntarily coming here to have kids to skirt the system.

Not sure about the nomenclature of the time as used in Hawaiian hospitals, but wouldn't they have typed "Negro" instead of "African" and "White" instead of "Caucasian" for the race of the father and mother, respectively?

I'd work in his posse... just as soon as he forms a stay at home browsing the web shopping posse.

Bigamy is a crime and negates the second marriage as null and void in all states.

That hurt.

1.) The document is a forgery. Can't determine anything from it.

2.) He won with 53% +,-, but a win is a win.

3.)Facts are important.

4.) Only has jurisdiction in Maricopa County.

5.) True.

6.) In 1961, according to the US Vital Statistics Punch Code Instruction Manual, the race of Father would be African with IBM punch code number "9" for "Other non-white" because his father was not born in America. If his father was born in America he could be listed as "Negro" or other possible designations such as Black, Brown, A.A., African-American, etc. with IBM punch card number "2" for "Negro." Caucasian was still in use in 1961 as was White.

7.) Yes.

8.) Yes.

9.) Sorry.