Pistol Belt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Belt

Lone Kimono
09-20-2011, 13:48
Between the Blackhawk Rigger, 5.11 Operator Belt, and the Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt, which would be the best for a SHTF pistol belt set up? I don't plan on loading it down with excessive items, but which can hold the most weight comfortably?

FireForged
09-20-2011, 14:56
I like the wilderness belt myself. I really like just a plain ole usgi web belt with the metal hook buckle and a Bianchi UM84 and Bianchi thumb break. If I cant have that, I would opt for a LondonBridge Trading Co "TAnker holster".

UneasyRider
09-20-2011, 16:41
Wilderness 5 stitch has been on my waist every day for years and it's the most comfortable belt you can buy.

AK_Stick
09-20-2011, 18:13
Probably the wilderness 5.

However if you'd like an unsolicited option, the Ares belt is very tough, I've run one as a duty belt in Iraq, and was very happy with it.

Glocktastic
09-20-2011, 19:12
Haven't run the others, but the Wilderness 5 Stitch has been fantastic.

Maine1
09-20-2011, 22:30
wilderness 5 stitch, daily. It will be on you for any SHTF event and you will still have your gear because of it.

Lone Kimono
09-20-2011, 22:46
A 5-0 vote is good enough for me.

So, for those who own the Wilderness did you end up getting one 2 sizes larger than your pants? I've done their measure the belt thing, but keep getting something 3 sizes larger than my pants size. That's confusing to me since I've lost weight and most of my pants are an inch or so too big. I don't want to be swimming in the belt since it won't be easy to exchange.

AK_Stick, I've heard the Ranger belt is fantastic from people who do matches. I just wish it wasn't double the price of the Wilderness. The QR buckle does make it tempting.

TangoFoxtrot
09-21-2011, 02:57
I used a SPEC-OPS Riggers belt during my tour in Iraq and it was great.

RatDrall
09-21-2011, 05:27
I wear the Blackhawk Rigger, have been on and off for the last 10 years. I still have the original, it looks and works like new, with very little stretching. It is softer, and more comfortable to wear when I don't have a full load on the belt (just a Glock and maybe a spare magazine).

When I have more on the belt, like a large knife, small kit, etc. for hiking in the woods, I use a Wilderness 5 stitch. However, by the time I have the weight that requires use of the stiffer belt, it almost needs suspenders to make things work.

Jake514
09-21-2011, 06:09
Wilderness works very well for me. Sizing will also depend on if you wear IWB or OWB. I wear 38 pants and bought a 40 belt IIRC, and the belt is fine with plenty of belt tail if you go OWB, and still wearable but getting towards the small end if you go IWB.

Lone Kimono
09-21-2011, 10:31
When I have more on the belt, like a large knife, small kit, etc. for hiking in the woods, I use a Wilderness 5 stitch. However, by the time I have the weight that requires use of the stiffer belt, it almost needs suspenders to make things work.

That could be a problem if I'm in bear country and have my Ruger .44, a big knife, and a few other toys on it. The CSM looks uncomfortable for EDC use and a pain to put through the belt loops. Can you use suspenders with the 5 stitch?

XDfense
09-21-2011, 12:51
Just a sizing hint. I wear a 34" waist and got a 37" Wilderness. It fits perfect w/ or w/o and IWB rig. When I was shopping too, someone here suggested a 3" increase and they were spot on.

RatDrall
09-22-2011, 05:23
That could be a problem if I'm in bear country and have my Ruger .44, a big knife, and a few other toys on it. The CSM looks uncomfortable for EDC use and a pain to put through the belt loops. Can you use suspenders with the 5 stitch?

I just ordered these, they will be here today. I've been waiting for these to come out for a long time, after failed attempts wtih other suspenders. These loop around a belt, any belt, so should work well with the 5 stitch:

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/highspeedlowdragsuspenders.aspx

gimmejr
09-23-2011, 08:56
Ive lost 30lbs and now all my good belts are to big, UGH!!!