Accuracy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

BullnTerriers
09-20-2011, 19:29
I realize that after mastery of the fundamentals, training and practice, most semi auto handguns from a quality manufacturer will provide "adequate" combat accuracy. I also realize that accuracy will vary somewhat with each gun of the same type. But some brands have got to offer more accuracy than others.

Lets assume a price ceiling of $2000. While still retaining acceptable reliability, what make, model and caliber pistol would you expect to produce the best practical accuracy?

Thanks!

Mas Ayoob
09-20-2011, 19:47
I've seen the Glock 30, the SIG P220, and high-price 1911s like the Ed Brown and the Wilson Combat put five shots into an inch at 25 yards with the .45 ACP ammo they like best. I've also seen the inexpensive Ruger .45 do that.

I tested one SIG P226 .357 SIG that put five Gold Dots into an inch at 25 yards, and have seen the Beretta 92 do an inch and a quarter at the same distance. And I've seen a LOT of revolvers that can stay in an inch at 25.

Personally, I like a gun/load combination that will stay under 2.0 or 2.5 inches at 25 paces.

best,
Mas