*Video* Cop Killer Troy Davis Set To Die In Georgia Wed. Night! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *Video* Cop Killer Troy Davis Set To Die In Georgia Wed. Night!

ULVER
09-20-2011, 21:55
I 've had to endure this for a full week now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lhFPO7o2M

The Victim's Family...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgEyfxFtqaM

:fallenofficer:

rock_jock
09-20-2011, 22:34
I was reading about this case tonight. Amazing what lies people will tell in order to further their political/ideological agenda. Responsibility? Accountability? Nah. Why let those things bug you? His supporters are disgusting pieces of human debris.

Court after court have reviewed this case and come to the same conclusion -the evidence is overwhelming against him.

BTW, I don't mean to get off on a tangent, but IMO I have always believed the death penalty is not only for the benefit of the victim's family (so they can have some closure), and society (so justice and accountability are preserved), but it also for the benefit of the condemned. Yes, that's right, the condemned prisoner actually benefits from his impending date with death. How? If not for the finality attached to the punishment of execution, many of those guilty of heinous crimes would never come to terms with what they did. I know probably most do not anyway, but for a small few who do, there is the opportunity for peace with God. Afterall, there can be no peace without forgiveness, there can be no forgiveness without repentence, there can be no repentence without remorse, and there can be no remorse without an acknowledgement of guilt. I remember the scene in Dead Man Walking when Sean Penn's character finally admits to the nun his guilt for rape/murder. It is very likely had he sat in prison his entire life, he would never have had to confront his culpability under these very stark circumstances. I know that that is a fictionalized account of a real story, but the point is the same.

Anyway, I hope for Mr. Davis' sake that he ignores the pleas of his supporters and does the right thing for once in his life, and for the sake of his soul.

jdh31313
09-21-2011, 01:27
Court after court have reviewed this case and come to the same conclusion -the evidence is overwhelming against him
This & It's now time for justice

South Fla
09-21-2011, 04:18
I'll bet those marchers are like those that support Wesley Cook aka Mumia Abu Jamal.

In the movie The Barrel of a Gun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2w_WntxpLE) by Tigre Hill, he explores the murder of Philadelphia Police Officer Danny Faulkner in December of 1981 from a different perspective than those of the previous films about the case like Justice On Trial: The Case of Mumia Abu-Jamal (http://bignoisefilms.org/films/tactical-media/114-justice-on-trial).

In The Barrel of a Gun, they have interviews with Ed Asner and Mike Farrell (BJ Hunnicutt from M*A*S*H*) in support of Mumia Abu Jamal.

My point is, I'll bet that the marchers haven't read the whole transcript of the trial and educated themselves on the facts.

I saw the movie The Barrel of a Gun which was shown at the National Fraternal Order of Police Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah in August.

It is supposed to be released today 09/21/2011. See it if you get the chance.

Detectorist
09-21-2011, 06:30
I've got beer on ice and potato chips.

Kadetklapp
09-21-2011, 06:39
Disgusting mopes.

God bless Mark's family.

Roadkill_751
09-21-2011, 07:24
Yep, the prison in Jackson will be a hopping place throughout the day. I am sure it is on lockdown now.

This has been put off for too long, it is time to put this POS where he belongs.

I can't wait to 19:00 today. Good riddance Troy Davis.:steamed:

Hack
09-21-2011, 07:39
I was reading about this case tonight. Amazing what lies people will tell in order to further their political/ideological agenda. Responsibility? Accountability? Nah. Why let those things bug you? His supporters are disgusting pieces of human debris.

Court after court have reviewed this case and come to the same conclusion -the evidence is overwhelming against him.

BTW, I don't mean to get off on a tangent, but IMO I have always believed the death penalty is not only for the benefit of the victim's family (so they can have some closure), and society (so justice and accountability are preserved), but it also for the benefit of the condemned. Yes, that's right, the condemned prisoner actually benefits from his impending date with death. How? If not for the finality attached to the punishment of execution, many of those guilty of heinous crimes would never come to terms with what they did. I know probably most do not anyway, but for a small few who do, there is the opportunity for peace with God. Afterall, there can be no peace without forgiveness, there can be no forgiveness without repentence, there can be no repentence without remorse, and there can be no remorse without an acknowledgement of guilt. I remember the scene in Dead Man Walking when Sean Penn's character finally admits to the nun his guilt for rape/murder. It is very likely had he sat in prison his entire life, he would never have had to confront his culpability under these very stark circumstances. I know that that is a fictionalized account of a real story, but the point is the same.

Anyway, I hope for Mr. Davis' sake that he ignores the pleas of his supporters and does the right thing for once in his life, and for the sake of his soul.

Definitely from the perspective of a Christian, or Jewish person for that matter, there are valid points there in your statement concerning finality of things for a person meeting his date with death. I have even heard that there are those who are relieved when the day comes so that they can go on with being accountable fully and receiving just punishment for the actions that led to their execution. Personally I am not always for the death penalty in every case that involves murder, unless the evidence is overwhelming, (and from my understanding of things concerning this case it is). It is like it says in Romans chapter thirteen, concerning receiving reward for doing good, or quite possibly the sword for doing bad.

I also believe that the method of death is too humane for some. As shocking as that may be for some to hear, I believe the guillotine, or hanging should be considered as sufficiently humane considering that there are those who have committed heinous crimes causing much pain. The guillotine was developed by a medical physician in order to help with rendering a very quick and relatively painless death, in that it quickly severs the head from the spinal cord. Hanging if done correctly is also relatively quick. Also, it should be available for public viewing in order for people to see, (with the exceptions of small children), the consequences for heinous crimes against other persons.

IndyGunFreak
09-21-2011, 08:52
Weird, I went to IamTroy.com expecting to see some evidence of this guy's innocence, and it just rerouted me to the NAACP's website...

God be with the MacPhail family.

IGF

1 old 0311
09-21-2011, 13:26
Fry baby fry:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

WarCry
09-21-2011, 14:02
Personally I am not always for the death penalty in every case that involves murder, unless the evidence is overwhelming, (and from my understanding of things concerning this case it is).

I wish more people would understand this. While I DO think the death penalty should be an option - it no longer is in IL - it should be used is extreme cases. We just had a guy convicted and sentenced to 45 years (required to serve the full sentence) for shooting a man dead in a fast-food parking lot. A lot of people here were hollering about why didn't he get life, and they wish the death penalty was back, etc. Well, statistically, for a 30-year-old black man in prison, 45 years is pretty much a life sentence, so that argument is moot.

As for the death penalty....I believe the death penalty has typically been reserved for 'special circumstances', like especially brutal murders, multiple victims (this was what they used on Scott Peterson in CA), and the murder of law enforcement, as this is considered a direct attack on society (whether it was intentionally targeting LEO or not may make a difference, too).

Yes, the death penalty should be available, but, as wishy-washy as it may sound, it should be used in extreme cases because we should NOT be an "eye for an eye, life for a life" system. That's how the gangs and thugs function, and we HAVE to be better than that.

Ajon412
09-21-2011, 15:25
Fry baby fry:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

...and have a nice trip.....:wavey:

A6Gator
09-21-2011, 17:25
This & It's now time for justice

Damn straight. He shot Officer MacPhail in 1989. We should've been listening to this BS in 1991, not letting him suck up oxygen for the last 20 yrs.

He was convicted in 1991 of killing MacPhail, who was working as a security guard at the time. MacPhail rushed to the aid of a homeless man who prosecutors said Davis was bashing with a handgun after asking him for a beer. Prosecutors said Davis had a smirk on his face as he shot the officer to death in a Burger King parking lot.

AMF

ULVER
09-21-2011, 17:33
:steamed:
The Supreme Court has issued a reprieve, to review the case one more time. Doesn't mean it won't still happen tonight, but it didn't occur as scheduled.

At 2:34 the poop gets really deep...:upeyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9JlfrUtQG0&feature=player_embedded

Detectorist
09-21-2011, 17:57
I'm going to the store to grab more beer and chips. At least one low life has been executed tonight. Lawrence Russell Brewer dragged that poor man to death. He deserved to be executed.

Ajon412
09-21-2011, 18:03
The Supreme Court has issued a reprieve, to review the case one more time. Doesn't mean it won't still happen tonight, but it didn't occur as scheduled.

Blah, Blah...Appeasing racist white folks....Blah Blah..Troys an innocent man...Blah Blah...Victim of the New Jim Crow....Blah, Blah...Castrating, lynching and destroying our brothers and sisters......Blah, blah.....Spare me......:steamed:

Hack
09-21-2011, 20:15
Blah, Blah...Appeasing racist white folks....Blah Blah..Troys an innocent man...Blah Blah...Victim of the New Jim Crow....Blah, Blah...Castrating, lynching and destroying our brothers and sisters......Blah, blah.....Spare me......:steamed:

Well, now that you have told me the contents of the video clip I have no need to listen.:supergrin:

M&P Shooter
09-21-2011, 20:37
http://abcnews.go.com/US/troy-davis-execution-delayed-supreme-court-decision/story?id=14571862

Please will they just put this POS down:steamed:

IGotIt
09-21-2011, 20:41
Well, the Supreme Court has denied the appeal, so let the "juice" flow.

M&P Shooter
09-21-2011, 20:42
Well, the Supreme Court has denied the appeal, so let the "juice" flow.
Great news, when will they down this POS?

ULVER
09-21-2011, 20:43
Supreme Court just lifted the stay it's being reported! Georgia State Patrol just rolled a convoy of Chargers into the area.

:wavey:

WarCry
09-21-2011, 20:43

Actually, they never issued a reprieve. The State was within their right to go ahead, but were waiting to see what the Court would say. The Court has now denied the stay, so........

M&P Shooter
09-21-2011, 20:48
Supreme Court just lifted the stay it's being reported! Georgia State Patrol just rolled a convoy of Chargers into the area.

:wavey:
I wish they could bring back the old chair for Troy:steamed:

Hack
09-21-2011, 21:00
I wish they could bring back the old chair for Troy:steamed:

Actually a few bullets in the appropriate spot will take care of it, and cheap.

Detectorist
09-21-2011, 21:17
Davis has been executed.

I'm drinking a cold one in honor of Officer Mark MacPhail. Justice was slow, Officer. I'm sorry your family had to go through so much.

R.I.P. Officer MacPhail

Ajon412
09-21-2011, 21:23
Davis has been executed.

I'm drinking a cold one in honor of Officer Mark MacPhail. Justice was slow, Officer. I'm sorry your family had to go through so much.

R.I.P. Officer MacPhail

Prayers sent to P.O MacPhail's family......I hope Troy has nice ride....:wavey:

Hack
09-21-2011, 21:25
http://lawenforcementtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Sentence-execute-MacPhail.jpg

http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2011/09/22/georgia-cop-killer-has-been-executed-by-lethal-injection/

Brucev
09-21-2011, 21:26
From what information is available, his guilt is not in doubt. There are activist who question the evidence, etc. They fail to persuade. The death penalty should never be used casually. After over twenty years of twist and turns, it is time for justice to be served.

EOD3
09-21-2011, 22:07
I guess hoping for a Youtube video is asking too much. Too bad Georgia gave up the electric chair. :drink:

It ONLY took 22 years but Officer MacPhail, his family, and his siblings finally have a measure of justice. :patriot:

rhikdavis
09-21-2011, 22:10
The other guy that got dirt napped today only spent 13 years on death row.

AngryBassets
09-22-2011, 05:05
The other guy that got dirt napped today only spent 13 years on death row.

And he was white, and murdered a black man. But the justice system is racist. :upeyes:

I spent about an hour on Twitter while sitting the couch last night trolling these idiots and their "#IamTroyDavis" hashtags. Every time someone posted the phone number Georgia Board of Pardons phone number, I @ replied them and asked if I should call to see if they have will-call seating. :wavey:

lwt210
09-22-2011, 05:50
Good to see it carried out despite the protest and whining.

May peace come to the officer's family at last. And to the family and friends of the man that was dragged to death in Texas. Good on Texas for putting that animal down in a more timely fashion.

Now, if we can get this one carried out.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/execution_date_set_for_huntsvi.html

Roadkill_751
09-22-2011, 06:16
I guess hoping for a Youtube video is asking too much. Too bad Georgia gave up the electric chair. :drink:

Ol Sparky is in a closet next to the Death Chamber at the Prison. It would be easy to roll it out and use it.

AMF Troy Davis, it has been long over due....:wavey:

A6Gator
09-22-2011, 07:52
Now, if we can get this one carried out.
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/08/execution_date_set_for_huntsvi.html

I'd pay my own airfare to yank the switch on Mumia...

philipk
09-22-2011, 09:48
What has been missed by most supporters of the execution is a man mostly likely guilty will be the poster child of the anti death penalty community while an innocent victim will be forgotten.

In death Davis is now the victim to many in the US and to most people in the rest of the western world.

Officer Mark Allen McPhail, Sr. is now forgotten.

Is that really justice?

It makes be sick in the stomach to see a guilty man be made a martyr.

Given the realities of the current politics, the death sentence can't be administered properly. Someone earlier in this thread said correctly that he should have been executed in 1991. Timely executions will never happen. We need to face reality and ditch the death penalty. It is too broken.

Again, the current and forseeable future political reality has turned a murderer into a martyr. That sickens me!!!

dano1427
09-22-2011, 10:27
The alphabet groups tried turning him into a 21st century Mumia, luckily, justice prevailed.