Where will we be 24 months from now? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where will we be 24 months from now?

flynnstone
09-21-2011, 21:41
I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions regarding where you think our country will be economically 2 years from now.

Full blown depression? Ecomomic collapse? Or smooth sailing and the Dow at 15000:upeyes:

Braken
09-21-2011, 22:35
After the Gov. taxes an extra dollar on every gallon of oil used by everyone (7 billion a year? 42 gallons in a barrel.) 294 billion dollars,(i think)
should be enough to keep at least their doors open.

Hmmmm may need to tax kilowatts too. Oh and natural gas, and.........

Everybody carpools now,
is just a little colder in the winter,
hotter in the summer, like they should be.

Hey, loosing a few pounds is a good thing, healthier to, need less doctor visits which helps out The Homeland Health and Welfare Directive.

Democrats win presidential race again, but it's not Obama, due health reasons he steps down.

G29Reload
09-21-2011, 23:41
Depends how long they can keep the puppet show going.

We may be effed' financially, but every other currency is worse. We might actually hang out for a bit. No telling how long this goes on. I'm hopeful will replace the loser in chief and we have some reversal.

lawman800
09-22-2011, 01:37
The US will be okay in the short term but who knows when real resources like oil or previous metals, or food, run low?

TangoFoxtrot
09-22-2011, 02:49
Tagged.

Deployment Solu
09-22-2011, 05:06
We will all be in a place we may have prepared for, but really don't want to be.

cowboy1964
09-22-2011, 05:29
A lot depends on who wins the presidency next year. Once Obama and all the uncertainty is gone businesses may loosen up a little and start investing. OTOH, whoever wins won't be able to fix everything, the train has already started to derail. It's more a question of if the gov will get out of the way for economy to correct itself.

Bilbo Bagins
09-22-2011, 09:46
Well according to Gerald Celente we should be in a full blown collapse, with tent cities, rioting, revolutions and our kids being happy they got food instead of gifts for Christmas 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2s9IOrirPs

I already got my kids cans of Tuna and made some toys out of sticks, so my Christmas shopping is already done :rofl:

The economy is not going to get better, but its not going to be the end of the world.

Aceman
09-22-2011, 13:46
I see the point of the question - but all it is going to do is invite every political commentator to soapbox. That does nothing to help me prep or survive.

Why not post this in the political forum. A simple "what should I be doing to prep over the next 24 months if the economy continues to go downwards" with a "no political speculation" clause would make for much more interesting and useful discussion.

G29Reload
09-22-2011, 14:26
Well, the house quashed a spending bill that's causing problems, the tea party is revolting against boehner, and the dow dropped 500 points.

Might be SHTF any week now, much less 2 years. That's optimistic!

Catshooter
09-22-2011, 14:45
I think we'll be in the same hole, just dug some deeper. Prices higher, money tighter, jobs scarcer, polititians (of whatever brand) louder but just as ineffective.

As far as politcs go, it's going to continue down the same slope unless we get a black swan or two. Then who knows? Anything short of Ron Paul as Emperor won't fix it. The founding fathers would love him, but he's too radical for today's voters.

Black Swans may well be tip over point but no one can predict them so I'll just keep prepping the best I can with what I've got.

Stay the course, in other words is my thoughts on it.

Cat

JK-linux
09-22-2011, 14:51
I have no idea where we will be in 24 months. My guess is that things will not be as easy as they are today.

pugman
09-22-2011, 15:06
FTW Ammo prices will be higher

Catshooter
09-22-2011, 15:45
Oh yea, there's a prep area for most. If The Obomber gets re-elected I think he will leap upon gun owners' throats. Wether it be by some laws or executive order I know he has been getting the snot beat out of him for doing nothing about this issue by his supporters.

If you're waiting to stock up, stop waiting. I forsaw a democratic president when Bush got re-elected and stocked up accordingly over the next four years. Paid off for me big time during and after the Obomber scare.

Cat

UneasyRider
09-22-2011, 18:56
24 months from now will be September of 2013. Obama will no longer be president, a republican will, and the house and the senate will most likely not only be republican in the majority, but in control. This will lead to significant changes.

Business taxes will be lower, regulations will be rolled back, we will be a great country to have a manufacturing business but maybe not as much of a market for the goods that we produce. Socially the unemployed who we can no longer afford to feed and house will raise crime rates.

It will be a great time to HAVE been a prepper.

Catshooter
09-22-2011, 19:03
24 months from now will be September of 2013. Obama will no longer be president, a republican will, and the house and the senate will most likely not only be republican in the majority, but in control.

Boy oh boy, wouldn't that be nice? I'll vote for that!

Cat

cowboy1964
09-22-2011, 19:10
Prepping shouldn't stop just because a Repub is in the White House.

Dexters
09-22-2011, 19:43
Sept 2013
Republican President
Republican Congress
Budget cuts to deal with the deficit
Unemployment benefits not extended
Unemployment 10.5% and no end in sight
Stock market not recovered to 2011 levels as the bear market continues

Middle east troubles causes the price of oil to rise - Gas over $4.50/gal.
Talk begins about sending USA Navy to the area to protect tankers

Democrat/Main stream media saying it is the Republican's fault for this mess (they skip over Obama's term)

Various groups begin to protest in the streets
- No War groups
- Pro Illegal immigrants
- Those wanting government benefits
- Anti Republicans/Tea Party

1 in 7 Americans now on food stamps grows to 1 in 6

2016 the economy begins to improve
Unemployment going down from 11%+ to 8.8%
Too late for all the Republicans
Democratic President & Congress take over in 2017 because people didn't like the Republican austerity measures, unemployment & unrest in the streets.
Democrats in power for next 10 years as they get credit for the improved economy that they did nothing to get going. It was bad recession that was due.

2018 inflation begins to pick up
2020 Fed raises rates to 10%
Unemployment back to 12%

Deficit continues to grow setting up the end.

farmer-dave
09-22-2011, 19:49
24 months from now we'll have a thread titled "Where will be 24 months from now" Not much will change but we'll be more optimistic with a new president.

donovan655
09-22-2011, 19:55
Probably 10-12% unemployment.

QE3 will be tried but fail at everything but driving commodities up to the point they crush consumers and profit margins.

Congress will put a muzzle on Bernanke--something like Congressional approval before issuing any inflationary policies.

Deflation will grip markets like nothing ever seen.

Europe will be in a hyper depression as the US, Japan, and China follow suit.

cowboy1964
09-22-2011, 20:06
24 months from now we'll have a thread titled "Where will be 24 months from now" Not much will change but we'll be more otimistic with a new president.

And hopefully the Gen 4 threads will be done with :wavey:

Ruble Noon
09-22-2011, 21:08
Well according to Gerald Celente we should be in a full blown collapse, with tent cities, rioting, revolutions and our kids being happy they got food instead of gifts for Christmas 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2s9IOrirPs

I already got my kids cans of Tuna and made some toys out of sticks, so my Christmas shopping is already done :rofl:

The economy is not going to get better, but its not going to be the end of the world.

There are tent cities, several threads have been posted about it in GTPI.

kirgi08
09-22-2011, 23:58
Folks,things aren't set in stone.The election ain't and the economy dang sure ain't.Stay fluid and keep an open mind.

Do I believe Obama is out,yes-will it happen I don't know.A lot can happen between now and then.Keep on keeping on,work with your family/neighbors and hammer out logistics.

In the life of a prepper never assume anything,remember the 7ps.Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.'08.

G29Reload
09-23-2011, 02:12
Oh yea, there's a prep area for most. If The Obomber gets re-elected I think he will leap upon gun owners' throats.

I've developed an alternative view on this. Like you, I've always felt he was suspect and certainly stocked up before the inauguration.

However, there are a couple of reasons why he won't. First, its politically untenable while he has greater goals. But something else to ponder:

He WANTS us to have guns. Wait, what?

Some out of the box thinking: His desire to disassemble capitalism and install his new world order here requires the current system to self destruct. (Cloward-Piven) Outbreaks of intense violence, possible with an armed populace plays into helping a destructive atmosphere. We keep guns for our protection, but many in a desperate time will become problematic and the misguided among us, or simply the desperate, will become more dangerous in a dangerous time. Insurrection, civil war, the destitute committing more violent crime more often, may provide the excuse to clamp down, void existing laws and impose new oppressive policies. Disarmament can come later. Way later...but increasingly having to live by the gun in order to survive what may be coming around the corner could flavor the atmosphere with a level of chaos that will benefit his other plans. Whether this is specifically intentional (I believe) or a happy accident for him remains to be seen.

Dexters
09-23-2011, 05:55
keep an open mind.

I really don't like that phrase. If a person has made a decision or a differing opinion it does not mean they have a 'closed mind'.

Bilbo Bagins
09-23-2011, 07:00
FTW Ammo prices will be higher

24 months from now will be September of 2013. Obama will no longer be president, a republican will, and the house and the senate will most likely not only be republican in the majority, but in control. This will lead to significant changes.

Business taxes will be lower, regulations will be rolled back, we will be a great country to have a manufacturing business but maybe not as much of a market for the goods that we produce. Socially the unemployed who we can no longer afford to feed and house will raise crime rates.

It will be a great time to HAVE been a prepper.

Looking at the two frontrunners for the GOP UneasyRider you are throwing out some wishful thinking.

But looking at what Pugman said, its is really going to depend on who wins the Whitehouse in 2012. I'm thinking an Obama win in November 2012 and the people afraid of the 12/21/2012 Mayan Doomsday BS are going to create a gun and ammo panic that will make the last one look like child's play. By September 2013 ammo will probably be very expensive. Look at gas price, once we went over $2 for a gallon of gas we will never go back. People are getting use to paying $3 or more for gas, and there wound be a celebrations if gas dropped to $2.75. If Obama wins a 2nd term, the days of cheap ammo would be done.

If a Republican wins the White house, the gun and ammo panic might not be too bad, or it could be worse. It really depends on what "communities" and "organizations" still passionately support Obama in 2012. Are we going to have protest and riots when he loses, or is his base completely drained of supporters :dunno:

Either way the next 2 years will be real interesting.

Catshooter
09-23-2011, 09:30
Well I take kirgi's "keep and open mind" to mean, make decisions and plan and proceed forward but always be ready to change with changing circumstanses.

The one constant in life is that things are always changing.

Cat

kirgi08
09-23-2011, 09:50
I really don't like that phrase. If a person has made a decision or a differing opinion it does not mean they have a 'closed mind'.

Your correct.'08.

Commander_Zero
09-23-2011, 12:51
Two years? Can't say..but I'm virtually certain we will be in the same condition we are now or worse...just not sure how much worse.

Cavalry Doc
09-23-2011, 13:30
I'm almost certain to be in Texas. :dunno:

cyrsequipment
09-23-2011, 14:26
Ok, my prediction. In 24 months...

Obama will be out, but he won't have the class to go away quietly. He'll still be blaming the Tea Party for his poor decisions and lack of leadership.

The stock market will have gone WAY up after the election because people will be hopeful about finally getting conservative leadership. But when reality sets back in it will go back down to levels (although higher than now) will be lower than the peaks by far.

Costs will have dropped a bit.
Gold prices will have crashed.
Preps will be much cheaper after the hysteria of 2012 ends.

And hopefully the contractor that started working on my house last week will show up again...:steamed:

cowboy1964
09-23-2011, 15:17
Ok, my prediction. In 24 months...

Obama will be out, but he won't have the class to go away quietly. He'll still be blaming the Tea Party for his poor decisions and lack of leadership.

The stock market will have gone WAY up after the election because people will be hopeful about finally getting conservative leadership. But when reality sets back in it will go back down to levels (although higher than now) will be lower than the peaks by far.

Costs will have dropped a bit.
Gold prices will have crashed.

Costs will have dropped? Costs of what? Deflation is not going to be a good thing.

As far as the stock market and gold goes... just because Repubs win the White House doesn't mean our debt situation will disappear nor will the world's. People may have more confidence and will feel better but the global recession and debt are still going to be there.

Stupid
09-23-2011, 23:05
Any attempt to fix the real problem is a political suicide.