G 30 sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G 30 sights

dlistello
09-22-2011, 05:10
Love my 30 but can't seem to find right sight combo: xs good but accuracy variable, ameriglo good orange front but no adjustable rear, novak with great rear but front sights to tall for ccw holster. i've heard good info on dawson precision and warren tactical but no experience.I know I'm the problem but adjustable rear with orange/green/yellow front sights can't be that hard to find. I like zeroing at 25 yds with Ranger T or Federal HST and would be a happy camper. What am I doing wrong--- too fussy? Dave

HAMMERHEAD
09-22-2011, 09:40
I have the Warren competition fiber optics on my 29. The rear notch is very wide and deep so it's a very fast sight picture. the front looks very small in the big rear notch, but I can still manage good groups at 25 yards. I would imagine the tactical version w/tritium front would be the same.

The fiber optics are nice, but I was surprised that they disappeared in low light outdoors and indoors.

I'm switching back to my Heinie Straight Eights. It's a very fast sight picture as well, but I think I get a little better precision at 25 yards. The daytime sight picture is the best target sight picture for fixed sights IMO. Love the dot over dot sight picture at night.

Both the Warren and Heinie have .245" high front sights and clear my Glock sport/combat holster no problem.

Dawson adjustables are nice, but the front sight will be .285" or .300 High".

frankt
09-22-2011, 15:06
I have the GL-434 hack Ameriglo's on my daily CCW G30 and I just love them.Black fixed rear, Tritium front with bright ring around it.

My G30 is very accurate and I have never wanted an adjustable sight on a defensive weapon.

Maybe you are just a little too picky.:supergrin: