Suspect shot dead by police in New Brunswick (NJ) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suspect shot dead by police in New Brunswick (NJ)

Ajon412
09-22-2011, 20:59
You're gonna love this one....High drug area, coppers make contact with BG, BG runs and climbs over a fence to escape. One of the officers tries to crawl under the fence and gets stuck. BG double backs and starts assaulting the copper with a piece of wood. A second officer arrives and shoots BG.....

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8363859&rss=rss-wabc-article-8363859

"What ever happened to the warning shot we used to get, but instead Barry got both of them in him," Bennie Deloatch said. Bennie is talking about his brother Barry.

Really !!!!! :shocked:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/protesters_descend_upon_new_br.html

Responsible, but even more surprising:

Diane Hawkins, of the New Brunswick chapter of the NAACP, said her organization was reserving judgment pending more information from authorities

michael e
09-22-2011, 21:09
He was 47, a known drug addict(his familys words) ran from the cops , then hit the cop with a board. Sounds like a good shoot, hope the cop that was hit is ok. Where did she think the warning shoot was going to go if the cop randomly fired? At this guys age he should have known better, if he wasn't doing anything he shouldn't have ran.

mrsurfboard
09-22-2011, 21:23
You're gonna love this one....High drug area, coppers make contact with BG, BG runs and climbs over a fence to escape. One of the officers tries to crawl under the fence and gets stuck. BG double backs and starts assaulting the copper with a piece of wood. A second officer arrives and shoots BG.....

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8363859&rss=rss-wabc-article-8363859

Really !!!!! :shocked:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/09/protesters_descend_upon_new_br.html

Responsible, but even more surprising:

Guess Bernie doesn't know warning shots are not permitted in NJ.

janice6
09-22-2011, 21:53
I thought that warning shot was fired sometime around 1999, some must have not heard it.

DWARREN123
09-23-2011, 00:07
Don't hit the cops and then you will not get shot for hitting the cops! :steamed:

The-Fly
09-23-2011, 00:25
A warning shot WAS fired. The sh**head getting wasted, and thats the warning for the other crackheads :supergrin:

Deployment Solu
09-23-2011, 04:28
Warning-Now that you are dead, don't do that again!! LOL!!!!

DonGlock26
09-23-2011, 08:42
A warning shot WAS fired. The sh**bad getting wasted, and thats the warning for the other crackheads :supergrin:

:rofl::whistling:

Rabbit994
09-23-2011, 08:56
A warning shot WAS fired. The sh**bad getting wasted, and thats the warning for the other crackheads :supergrin:

http://escapedrabbit.com/images/mistakesdemotivator.jpg

TKOFaith
09-23-2011, 09:36
"Our position is that justice should be done, once we get the facts," she said. "Officers are trained to shoot without killing."

I'm not a LEO, but I've always heard that LE is trained to shoot to kill. Am I wrong?:dunno:

merlynusn
09-23-2011, 09:47
"Our position is that justice should be done, once we get the facts," she said. "Officers are trained to shoot without killing."

I'm not a LEO, but I've always heard that LE is trained to shoot to kill. Am I wrong?:dunno:

We are trained to shoot to stop the threat. When the threat is over, you don't shoot. While the threat is going on you stop the threat.

Ajon412
09-23-2011, 09:49

To answer your question, yes and no....Some departments / agencies you're taught in the academy that you shoot to "Stop" and if the BG dies, then so be it. Other departments / agencies / jurisdictions you're taught to shoot to "Kill".....It's really the same difference....:whistling:...Just from my experience in dealing with coppers from different jurisdictions....

TKOFaith
09-23-2011, 09:49
We are trained to shoot to stop the threat. When the threat is over, you don't shoot. While the threat is going on you stop the threat.

But you are trained to stop the threat via POA COM, right?

TKOFaith
09-23-2011, 09:52
To answer your question, yes and no....Some departments / agencies you're taught in the academy that you shoot to "Stop" and if the BG dies, then so be it. Other departments / agencies / jurisdictions you're taught to shoot to "Kill".....It's really the same difference....:whistling:...Just from my experience in dealing with coppers from different jurisdictions....

Toh-mah-toh / Toh-may-toh I guess. I guess all the wording is political and comes down from the State/Federal Bigwigs. Thanks for the reply.

4949shooter
09-23-2011, 13:33
New Brunswick has some bad areas.

Johnson and Johnson dumped a lot of money into the city, but that money went to the business section.

I am glad the coppers are okay. Beating someone with a stick, especially a trapped individual, is most definately a deadly use of force situation.

Patchman
09-23-2011, 16:36
BGs whose sole intent is to get away from the popo would have seen the LEO getting stuck in the fence as a godsend opportunity to make good their escape. The fact that this POS doubled back after realizing the LEO was stuck speaks volume of his intentions.

Shooting was too good for him. But appropriate.

Roering
09-23-2011, 16:49

In the Army we are simply trained to aim for "center mass" - I would assume that is what would be taught as the most effective way to stop a threat and kill.

Perhaps not?

Patchman
09-23-2011, 18:48

All shooters from day 1 are taught to shoot at the Center of Mass. When you use a bullseye target, where's the "10" ring located? Right in the center of all the other circles! That's right! You're taught to aim for the "10" ring, with the understanding that if you miss that, hopefully your bullets will hit the "9" or "7" or "2" ring, but still stay on paper.

So if you're firing real bullets, in a real neighborhood where there are real innocent bystanders in the background, the intent is always to hit the "10" ring. But should your aim be off, it is still preferable for the errant bullets to hit the "2" ring than miss the target altogether and strike the backstop/bystanders.

LEOs are taught the same. To stop the immediate deadly threat, aim for the "10" ring of the BG's largest exposed part (think hiding behind hard cover).

If you're going to say "but the human body's torso is the largest mass, and that's where the heart, lungs and other vital organs are", you'll have to go and ask your goddess why she designed the human body that way.

The only reason why LEOs use their gun is to stop the threat. The BG dying is an unintended, unfortunate consequence.

The-Fly
09-23-2011, 22:42
The only reason why LEOs use their gun is to stop the threat. The BG dying is an unintended, fortunate consequence.

Fixed it for you :supergrin:

acpd541
09-24-2011, 05:40
In the Army we are simply trained to aim for "center mass" - I would assume that is what would be taught as the most effective way to stop a threat and kill.

Perhaps not?
Actually, head-shots are the most effective way to stop a threat. Works on humans and zombies... :supergrin:

Morris
09-24-2011, 07:34
Actually, head-shots are the most effective way to stop a threat. Works on humans and zombies...

Provided they stay still long enough.

MeefZah
09-24-2011, 09:00
Makes me glad I work in an area populated mostly with hillbillies who are used to old skool policing. You shoot one of them dead, and the others have a good hard cry, crack open some Natty Light, and talk about how stupid ol' Cletus was to have tried to whale on the poo-lice.

These... umm... urban dwellers as described in the article seem to have a skewered sense of entitlement that goes even beyond their richly deserved government assistance.

merlynusn
09-24-2011, 10:17

Yes. We aim center of mass because like others have said, if you miss, hopefully you will still hit the body. If you aim for an arm or a leg, you have a much higher likelihood of missing and not stopping the threat. By aiming for the center of mass, you are typically able to stop the threat quicker, thus preventing the deadly force encounter from lasting longer than it has to.