Graf's HM redux [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Graf's HM redux

fredj338
09-23-2011, 09:03
For you guys that reload, Graf's is reducing their HM fee to $15 this month. So you can get a smaller order in & not get hosed. Shippping & handling is as always, $5.

Beanie-Bean
09-23-2011, 10:14
Thanks for the heads-up!

Beanie-Bean
09-23-2011, 10:22
Silly iPhone...ended up w/double-post. Actually, I was just trying to increase my post count.

:dunno:

So much for posting from an iPhone.

GioaJack
09-23-2011, 10:35
Your 'post submit' button is not a 'Morse Code' key... you only have to tap it once. :whistling:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
09-23-2011, 10:53
Your 'post submit' button is not a 'Morse Code' key... you only have to tap it once. :whistling:

Jack

:rofl:

IndyGunFreak
09-23-2011, 10:54

Jack

:rofl:

ursoboostd
09-23-2011, 10:54
Probably still cheaper to order from PVI for me.

fredj338
09-23-2011, 13:10
Probably still cheaper to order from PVI for me.

When comparing prices, note PV charges actual shipping + $25HM & Graf's shipping is $5 flat. So compare the pricing that way. I think you save a bit more going Graf's, but it may vary w/ what ever you want to buy. PV does NOT have CCISPP for $23/K shipped or FedLPP for $25.50 shipped, just sayin.:dunno:

ursoboostd
09-23-2011, 15:09
When comparing prices, note PV charges actual shipping + $25HM & Graf's shipping is $5 flat. So compare the pricing that way. I think you save a bit more going Graf's, but it may vary w/ what ever you want to buy. PV does NOT have CCISPP for $23/K shipped or FedLPP for $25.50 shipped, just sayin.:dunno:

I guess its not apples to apples because I usually get Tula/Wolf primers from PVI. I'm gonna make a "basket" with both of them later and compare. Thanks for the head up.

fredj338
09-23-2011, 17:05
I guess its not apples to apples because I usually get Tula/Wolf primers from PVI. I'm gonna make a "basket" with both of them later and compare. Thanks for the head up.

I & many others are not Wolf SPP fans. So for a bit more, you are getting a better primers. Just thought I would let all of you small bore guys know.:supergrin:

RustyFN
09-23-2011, 17:34
I & many others are not Wolf SPP fans. So for a bit more, you are getting a better primers. Just thought I would let all of you small bore guys know.:supergrin:

I bought a bunch of Wolf primers when that was all you could get and have been very happy with them. Having said that if available I will pay a reasonable amount more to buy primers made in the USA before I buy Wolf again.

DoctaGlockta
09-23-2011, 18:11
Thanks for the heads up. Been wanting to order from Grafs a few times but they have either been out of kegs of Unique or TAC. Both in stock now.

fredj338
09-23-2011, 20:18
I bought a bunch of Wolf primers when that was all you could get and have been very happy with them. Having said that if available I will pay a reasonable amount more to buy primers made in the USA before I buy Wolf again.

Yep, three guys that I reload & shoot with will not buy another Wolf primer, even though we have all only had issues w/ the SPP. I have used the Wolf LPP & would again, they have always gone bang but do seem a tiny bit hotter, closer to a mag primer.

RustyFN
09-23-2011, 21:27
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs024/1104039153182/img/252.gif

Check out the deal on CCI primers.

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs024/1104039153182/img/250.gif

ursoboostd
09-24-2011, 14:55
^ When I go to graf's site they are advertising the CCI spp for $115 per case and not $99.

When I try to select a case of CCI spp I get an error message. Anybody else have this problem?

RustyFN
09-24-2011, 15:35
^ When I go to graf's site they are advertising the CCI spp for $115 per case and not $99.

When I try to select a case of CCI spp I get an error message. Anybody else have this problem?

Bad news. I checked my email and it said dealer special. I went to the dealer page and the CCI primers are $99 there. You need a C&R license to get the deal.

gary newport
09-25-2011, 19:21

I get an error message when I click on "details" for Federal LP primers--and "details" is presumably where one can actually order! :steamed:

ursoboostd
09-26-2011, 08:40
I get an error message when I click on "details" for Federal LP primers--and "details" is presumably where one can actually order! :steamed:
Exactly. I emailed them. If they don't get back to me, I guess I'll take my $700ish order to PVI. :dunno:

RustyFN
09-26-2011, 10:28

Exactly. I emailed them. If they don't get back to me, I guess I'll take my $700ish order to PVI.

Yea that will show them. Instead of paying $115 per 5K and no shipping at Graf's you can go to PV and pay $150 plus shipping for the same thing. :headscratch:

ursoboostd
09-26-2011, 10:38
Yea that will show them. Instead of paying $115 per 5K and no shipping at Graf's you can go to PV and pay $150 plus shipping for the same thing. :headscratch:
uhhhhh no. I'll pay $100 plus shipping for Tula's which I have had very good luck with. PVIs powder is cheaper also. :whistling:

RustyFN
09-26-2011, 13:09
uhhhhh no. I'll pay $100 plus shipping for Tula's which I have had very good luck with. PVIs powder is cheaper also. :whistling:

I missunderstood. I thought you were going to buy CCI at PV instead. I would think about getting a C&R license if you buy much. It cost $30 and is good for three years. You saw the discount on the $99 CCI primers. I can't tell you how much I have saved over the years.

ursoboostd
09-26-2011, 13:48
I missunderstood. I thought you were going to buy CCI at PV instead. I would think about getting a C&R license if you buy much. It cost $30 and is good for three years. You saw the discount on the $99 CCI primers. I can't tell you how much I have saved over the years.
Funny you say that. I was actually gonna ask you about that, when you said it was a dealer price. I do buy/shoot/load quit a bit. What exactly is a C&R license and how do I get one?

fredj338
09-26-2011, 13:51

Again, apples & oranges PLUS keep in mind the powder cost @ Graf's reflects the "free" shipping. You will pay shipping @ PV on top of the HM. I order from both, just check the total cost & compare.

gary newport
09-26-2011, 14:23
Graf's site appears to be working today. I just ordered their last in-stock sleeve of Federal LP primers. If there had been two available, I could have gotten the discounted HazMat fee! :crying:

If Fred is watching, I also ordered a four-pound jug of WST.

(I also ordered a four-pound jug of Bullseye. :whistling:)

fredj338
09-26-2011, 14:53
Graf's site appears to be working today. I just ordered their last in-stock sleeve of Federal LP primers. If there had been two available, I could have gotten the discounted HazMat fee! :crying:

If Fred is watching, I also ordered a four-pound jug of WST.

(I also ordered a four-pound jug of Bullseye. :whistling:)
Gary I am always watching.:suntan: If you aren't happy w/ the WST, I'll come up & get it from you. You are in Nocal right?:supergrin:

gary newport
09-26-2011, 15:35
Gary I am always watching.:suntan: If you aren't happy w/ the WST, I'll come up & get it from you. You are in Nocal right?:supergrin:

Yup, Hayward in the East Bay.

Incidentally, I went back to Graf's after placing my order, mostly to see if they now showed Federal LP sleeves to be out of stock. Much to my surprise, they now show "less than five" in stock, even though they showed "only one" in stock when I placed my order! :shocked:

Had Graf's shown "less than five" in stock when I placed my order, I would have gotten two sleeves and the discounted HazMat fee.

RustyFN
09-26-2011, 15:43
Yup, Hayward in the East Bay.

Incidentally, I went back to Graf's after placing my order, mostly to see if they now showed Federal LP sleeves to be out of stock. Much to my surprise, they now show "less than five" in stock, even though they showed "only one" in stock when I placed my order! :shocked:

Had Graf's shown "less than five" in stock when I placed my order, I would have gotten two sleeves and the discounted HazMat fee.

Small world Gary. I was born and raised in Hayward. I lived by Hayward High School.

RustyFN
09-26-2011, 16:02
Funny you say that. I was actually gonna ask you about that, when you said it was a dealer price. I do buy/shoot/load quit a bit. What exactly is a C&R license and how do I get one?

A C&R license is for collecting Curious and Relics, FFL-03. It will let you order guns like a Garand, Mosin, SKS, and so on and have them mailed to your house and not have to go through a transfer fee at a gun store. A lot of places will give a discount with that license such as Graf's, Midway, Wideners and many others. You can order the application and find out a lot more at this link, http://207.36.233.89/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp. That link will also help you fill out the application.

ursoboostd
09-26-2011, 17:33
A C&R license is for collecting Curious and Relics, FFL-03. It will let you order guns like a Garand, Mosin, SKS, and so on and have them mailed to your house and not have to go through a transfer fee at a gun store. A lot of places will give a discount with that license such as Graf's, Midway, Wideners and many others. You can order the application and find out a lot more at this link, http://207.36.233.89/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp. That link will also help you fill out the application.

Awsome information! Thank you very much. -Wade-

RustyFN
09-26-2011, 19:18
Awsome information! Thank you very much. -Wade-

You're welcome.