replacing furniture [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : replacing furniture

les sauvage
09-23-2011, 10:40
i recently decided to lower my expectations of getting a Valmet or Arsenal, and just knuckle down and get a WASR. However, the plywood furniture is a bit much for me, and i thought about getting one of the bakelite looking sets of furniture here at the gunshow and replacing it. How difficult is this to do, and what kind of tools will i need?

09-23-2011, 10:43
Very easy. The cleaning kit that comes with the wasr is all you'll need.

09-23-2011, 15:51
A screwdriver as a minimum. If the butt stock is particularly hard to remove, you will also need a mallet and an extension. If the upper handguard won't rotate, you may need a vice and a bachelor's grip.

09-24-2011, 05:59
The link below will take you to a tutorial with pictures that will guide you through the furniture removal process.

09-24-2011, 13:06
a bachelor's grip.

OK, you got me .... WTH is a bachelor's grip?

09-24-2011, 14:16
OK, you got me .... WTH is a bachelor's grip?

Strong right hand with a death grip. :whistling: :embarassed: