Tactipac Fusionpac Tuckable Holster Review [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactipac Fusionpac Tuckable Holster Review

ardiver
09-23-2011, 11:08
Mods, feel free to move this as I may not have it in the right spot.

Have tried 3 different tuckable holsters, one of which was very much a quality product but just didn't work as well as I wanted. I decided to try this one. While the manufacturer has a website, this particular model is not listed on their website yet only on their ebay store. Below is the information I sent to the manufacturer and wanted to share with all of you here on GlockTalk.

First, let me say that when I removed it from the envelope it wasn’t really what I was expecting. Not necessarily in a bad way, but being so lite and “floppy” I thought can this really be it? Yup, it was. Being as there was another person in the office here interested in it I called him down before donning the holster so he could get a look.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
We both made the same observations: <o:p></o:p>
1) Extremely flexible “belt”, should allow for the inevitable “holiday belly” that is fast approaching.<o:p></o:p>
2) Very nice, padded backing, rises high enough to keep the slide from digging in.<o:p></o:p>
3) Kydex is smooth on the inside, a little less…finished I guess would be the word on the outside, but that doesn’t really matter as a tuckable holster.<o:p></o:p>
4) The edges of the backing are nicely covered with what looks like a tough material. Should hold up well to several years of wear.<o:p></o:p>
My co-worker went on his way after asking if I’d come show him the holster again once I had it on.<o:p></o:p>
My observations donning and wearing the holster:<o:p></o:p>
1) Sufficient retention of the weapon. Glock 23 with full mag, turned upside down and “jiggled” and no drop from the holster.<o:p></o:p>
2) Padding feels good<o:p></o:p>
3) Use of Velcro/Elastic belt makes for INCREDIBLY EASY donning.<o:p></o:p>
4) Easy fastening of pants and belt after donning the holster. This was probably the most impressive part. No fight keeping pants up while working with my belt through holster clips, no extra work keeping pants up while trying to tuck my shirt in.<o:p></o:p>
5) After final adjustments to my shirt I realize just how flat the holster lays even with a double stack mid-size Glock holstered.<o:p></o:p>
To say the least, I’m thoroughly impressed with this holster. I have two other tuckable holsters and my initial impressions of those were not as positive as they are with this one. If the elastic holds up and doesn’t lose elasticity or begin to fray this may well be the ultimate tuckable holster bar none.

ArtCrafter
09-23-2011, 12:00
Mfg's Website: http://www.tactipac.com/
(Didn't see the "FusionPac" listed, but I probably just missed it.)

Mfg's Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIZWsMW5ZI
(You have to ffwd to nearly the end of the 10-minute video to see the thing; the guy never shuts up, either, so be forewarned.)

HTH :wavey:

ardiver
09-23-2011, 13:10
Thanks for catching that website Art. I meant to do that and someone walked in my office and I clicked submit too quick :embarassed:.

You're right, it's a long winded video but so far (granted I've only been wearing it a day) I'm THOROUGHLY impressed.

njl
09-25-2011, 17:37
Looks kind of like Comp-tac MTAC meets bellyband.

JeffS
10-01-2011, 07:51
Just ordered one yesterday. Looks like this could easily become my go to holster. I have a Tommy Theis, a CTAC, and a bellyband for IWB. No complaints with them at all, but this one could very well be a combination of all three. Love the idea of not always having to wear a belt and no clips to show. Anxiously awaiting its arrival.

ardiver
10-03-2011, 12:45
Just ordered one yesterday. Looks like this could easily become my go to holster. I have a Tommy Theis, a CTAC, and a bellyband for IWB. No complaints with them at all, but this one could very well be a combination of all three. Love the idea of not always having to wear a belt and no clips to show. Anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Like you, I have the MTAC Minotaur as well, and while I like the holster it lost points with me the first time I tried to change out the Kydex and all but one of the anchors under the leather broke loose, several of the screws seemed to be rusted in place. I got the Kydex changed, but it was a royal pain.

I had looked into the belly band a few times, liked the concept but wonder about the positive positioning of the firearm itself.

So far, and I believe I'm on my second week wearing, I really like the holster and the design. I really hope you do as well JeffS

JeffS
10-15-2011, 19:13
ardiver - how is it going with the new holster? I received notification yesterday that it was shipped. Looking forward to receiving it.

ardiver
10-15-2011, 22:02
ardiver - how is it going with the new holster? I received notification yesterday that it was shipped. Looking forward to receiving it.

I'm still loving it. I think I'm getting real close to the one month mark and am still amazed at it's simplicity and functionality. I truly don't think you'll be dissapointed.

nursetim
10-15-2011, 22:27
looks like thunderwear to me.

Dandapani
10-16-2011, 11:08
Price?. What firearms offered in?

ardiver
10-16-2011, 14:26
looks like thunderwear to me.

They have one model that is very similar but the fusionpac is more of a hybrid between something like thunderwear and a tuckable kydex.

ardiver
10-16-2011, 14:32
Price?. What firearms offered in?

79.95 free shipping.

From what I've seen in their ebay store they already have molds for any glock, 1911, xd and xdm but see below for others.

Quoted from the seller's ebay page (http://myworld.ebay.com/latacticalsupply/):

IF YOU NEED A HOLSTER FOR ANY MODEL HAND GUN NOT LISTED IN OUR EBAY LISTINGS OR ON OUR WEBSITE,
PLEASE EMAIL US WITH YOUR GUN MAKE AND STYLE AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO OBTAIN THE MOLD IF IT IS AVAILABLE.

JeffS
10-16-2011, 17:14
ardiver - any problems with the velcro digging in or it being uncomfortable? Also, the padding that contacts the body seems large. Does it feel like a lot of material when it is on? Do you get sweaty or hot from wearing it? I will find out the answers to these questions soon when I get mine. Just wanted your experience. Thanks.

ardiver
10-17-2011, 08:32
ardiver - any problems with the velcro digging in or it being uncomfortable? Also, the padding that contacts the body seems large. Does it feel like a lot of material when it is on? Do you get sweaty or hot from wearing it? I will find out the answers to these questions soon when I get mine. Just wanted your experience. Thanks.

No problems with the velcro or the padding. All I can really describe it as is it's just...there. Occasionally my outter shirt might drag a little bit on the velcro but it's not been a problem. The padding is wide but it's not been an issue and really isn't much wider than the leather backing on my Comp-Tac. As far as getting hot...as an office person I'm not outside a lot until after work and it has cooled down here to the 80-90 degree range and then 50-70 range of an evening but I've not really noticed there being any issues from heat. Warm yes, but sweaty no.

JeffS
10-18-2011, 16:33
I received the holster earlier today. I have had it on for about 5 hours so far. Presently in gym shorts and a sweatshirt hanging out at home. This is as close to feeling like I am not carrying a gun as I have ever experienced. It is amazing how taking the weight of the gun off the pants and putting it on the body makes such a difference. Much more comfortable than a bellyband because the elastic really gives but not in a bad way with the fusionpac. It feels very stable yet I barely notice my guns weight. The foam padding is way more comfortable than leather or horsehide. It is also very plyable so it moves with the body yet is very secure. It feels smaller than it looks. Eventhough I usually wear a teeshirt under my holsters, I have been wearing this on my bare skin and it is amazingly comfortable. It would be nice to be able to adjust the cant but not a deal breaker at all. Overall, I am very impressed. My other holsters are going to miss me.

r3dot
10-18-2011, 16:37
Pretty cool concept. Don't have one for my FN FNX/FNP though.

jamaicanj
11-01-2011, 08:30
Any updates? Still love it?

ardiver
11-01-2011, 09:41
I still am. I've gotten away from undoing the velcro belt each time though and just step into it and slide it onto my waist and the reverse for taking it off.

ardiver
11-01-2011, 09:43
Pretty cool concept. Don't have one for my FN FNX/FNP though.

Contact the seller. He seems to be a really nice guy and has made the statement on his seller pages that if they don't have the mold for your particular pistol they will be more than happy to try and get the correct mold.

JeffS
11-03-2011, 18:46
Still been wearing mine also. I put some Remora type material on the outside of the kydex because I was experiencing my pants slipping down under the holster periodically. Seems to help without interfering with pulling out my tucked shirt when I actually do tuck. Anthony is great to deal with. He is making me another one built to spec similar to my Theis holster. A little smaller in all dimensions with more cant. Can't ask for more than that. Anxious to compare it to the one I bought from him originally. Still much happier with the gun being supported by my body instead of my pants and belt. Great product and service.

COLDSTEEL165
08-09-2012, 01:12
Anthony E mailed me saying to expect my holster to go out to me within the next week or 2 it's been about a week & a half & still looking for it in the mail every day. Dying to try it out for my XD40 gun.

g9er
08-11-2012, 07:58
Anthony E mailed me saying to expect my holster to go out to me within the next week or 2 it's been about a week & a half & still looking for it in the mail every day. Dying to try it out for my XD40 gun.

Mine has been ordered on July 2nd and I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped....:crying:

benwolf
08-13-2012, 13:16
ardiver, JeffS & anyone else that has purchased a fusionpac: Did you get the one with magazine holders built in? Is it just as comfortable and just as not noticeable (concealable) with the magazine holders vs the one without the magazine holders.

Thanks

gargodude
08-26-2012, 19:27
I've had one for my Glocks for over a month now. I ordered it without magazine holders, but since it's so comfortable, I now regret not ordering it with at least one. I wear it all day and sometimes forget that it's there. It is twice as comfortable as my Galco King Tuk. It took about 4-5 weeks to get it, but it was well worth the wait. Anthony is pretty easy to deal with as well.:cool:

COLDSTEEL165
04-02-2013, 06:05
Iv'e been wearing my Fusion holster almost every day with my XD40 gun.? Fantastic holster.Does not even feel like I am wearing it.?Once in position it stays put. I love the no belt or no matter what you are wearing idea.It's everything that their video shows it is.? I am thinking of another one for my 1911 gun also.

Henry's Dad
07-13-2013, 14:56
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but just curious to see how owners still feel about this holster. I'm thinking about getting one.

Still love it? Thanks.

nursetim
07-13-2013, 17:41
I'm glad you did. Now that I'm kilted, this may be the answer to going armed while kilted. I may have to try one out.

gargodude
07-31-2013, 23:24
I've used the Fusion-Pac for 1 full year now and I still love it. The only thing I did to it was put some sticky rubber tape on the outside of the Kydex part to keep my pants from sliding around on it. Sometimes, the pants would slide upwards or downwards since the Kydex is smooth but no more. The construction is holding up well and it is still very comfortable. I never use my Galco King-Tuk any more.

g9er
08-01-2013, 13:24
I've used the Fusion-Pac for 1 full year now and I still love it. The only thing I did to it was put some sticky rubber tape on the outside of the Kydex part to keep my pants from sliding around on it. Sometimes, the pants would slide upwards or downwards since the Kydex is smooth but no more. The construction is holding up well and it is still very comfortable. I never use my Galco King-Tuk any more.

I ran into that same problem of sliding up/down during the trial period and because of it, not used it again. Would you mind sharing what this sticky tape that you used to remedy this problem so that I can it again?

Thx.