cleaning inside CZ slide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : cleaning inside CZ slide

jack76590
09-24-2011, 00:50
I recently purchased a PCR. I always like to clean inside slide of any pistol, as crud can get behind extractor and in firing pin hole.

But CZ not easy like glock to detail strip. So how do you CZ owners clean inside of slide? I hate to just blast with gun scrubber as that leaves metal too dry and if follow up with lube then get too much lube.

I really feel need to take apart, clean, and dry. But wonder what other people do. And do you reuse roll pins or must they be replaced when detail strip slide.

Any help, info appreciated.

AA#5
09-24-2011, 00:59
Until you have at least 5,000 rounds through it or the FP is not moving freely, it's not necessary to detail strip. If the gun has roll pins, yes, they have to be replaced if removed & also special pin punches are required for them.

chris in va
09-24-2011, 20:33
You don't lube the firing pin, so that point is moot. The extractor is super easy to take off, just clamp the slide in a padded vise and tap the pin out FROM THE TOP.

I've got several thousand through my 75BD and that's the most I've ever done to the slide. I hit it with Gun Scrubber last week, a fair amount of junk came out of the pin block area.

jack76590
09-25-2011, 00:28
You don't lube the firing pin, so that point is moot. The extractor is super easy to take off, just clamp the slide in a padded vise and tap the pin out FROM THE TOP.

I've got several thousand through my 75BD and that's the most I've ever done to the slide. I hit it with Gun Scrubber last week, a fair amount of junk came out of the pin block area.

When you remove the extractor do you reuse the extractor roll pin or replace? Thanks.

chris in va
09-25-2011, 18:30
The extractor doesn't use a roll pin. At least not on my 2003 75BD.

jack76590
09-27-2011, 04:31
The extractor doesn't use a roll pin. At least not on my 2003 75BD.

Looked more carefully at my PCR. You are right, solid pin holding extractor.

But same question, do you replace extractor pin, when you reinstall extractor after cleaning? Thanks.