Advantage Tactical Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Tactical Sights

VTFatBastard
09-24-2011, 05:34
Hi All,

Anyone use Advantage Tactical Sights? They're the pyramid shaped sights. I'm thinking about ordering a set for my G23, but I have a concern about whether they will work with my MTAC holster. Do any of you use the ATS with an MTAC?

Thanks in advance.

VFB

slickt0mmy
09-24-2011, 07:45
First, I just thought I'd throw in that I like that statement in your signature about gun control. I might have to use that one sometime :wavey:

But about the sights, a friend of mine ordered some a while back and I test fitted them into my MTAC. They seemed to fit alright, albeit a bit snug. However, my only concern is if you need to make elevation adjustments the company suggests you put shims (or spacers) in to raise the sight. If you end up having to do that, it MAY cause problems going into the holster. I'm not sure.
This is all just pondering from my extremely limited interaction with them, so I may be wrong. :whistling:

If you're looking for sights that are great for target acquisition, you might check out XS Big Dots. I have a set of them on my G19 and KNOW they'll fit into an MTAC.

viper144
09-24-2011, 17:15
Don't know and have never tryed the Advantage, but did fall for the Big Dot sights hype. Installed them on my wifes 26, thinking it would help her aquire better and easier sight picture. WRONG
We both now have the 10-8 sights with the brass insert.
These are great and give her a way better sight picture and actually easier for her to pick up.

Poor Knight
09-25-2011, 07:34
I tried the Advantage Tactical on my G19 - I have switched to a Trijicon tritium front and a metal Glock OEM white outline rear. The ATS did not work for me.