Baltimore and the Orioles [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore and the Orioles

Fernman
09-24-2011, 14:43
Hey guys. Heading up to Baltimore for the red sox games over the next few days. How friendly is the stadium for off duty LE carrying? The aquarium? Any specific places to see or avoid? If Baltimore is much like I remember it, you won't catch me without a piece...

Thanks in advance!

kgain673
09-24-2011, 14:53
Read the section on carrying and transportation in vehicles, this list was written as of May 1998 and may have changed http://www.mcsm.org/mdlaw.html , but recently a federal LEO was busted on a state highway carrying in his personal vehicle and lost his job as well. The inner harbor is quite safe, it's all the city has left to get tourist revenue. Welcome to Maryland.

Fernman
09-24-2011, 15:03
This list predates LEOSA. Anyone have anything more recent?

unit 900
09-24-2011, 18:38
I go to the occasional O's game, and carry with LEOSA creds (retired Baltimore PD). I have yet to see any personal screening other than bags being carried in. I haven't been to a game in 2011, but don't think that has changed. Ravens games may be a different matter. Ditto on carrying in B'more. The Inner Harbor MAY be safe, but you wouldn't want to change a flat or break down in most places. Think of a calf wandering into a piranha stocked river in South America .... you get the picture.

Fernman
09-24-2011, 18:44
I appreciate the information, and Yes, I'll have the G27 and a spare mag or two. I figure with badge, dept. Creds, and a printout of LEOSA I will be ok. I hope so anyway.

igor
09-25-2011, 21:24
one does not go unarmed in the city its thaat simple. i ahve gopne top o s games with no problem. we all know bout leosa up this way. come on up

series1811
09-27-2011, 13:55
one does not go unarmed in the city its thaat simple. i ahve gopne top o s games with no problem. we all know bout leosa up this way. come on up

Ditto. I did six years in Baltimore. Around the stadium and harbor and Fell's Point is a lot of fun. But, I wouldn't go without Rosco.

Fernman
09-28-2011, 12:01
Yeah. Wish someone told me not to walk to the Edgar Allen Poe birthplace. Felt like I wanted my CIRAS and a long gun.