The Racist Roots of Gun Control [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Racist Roots of Gun Control

Acujeff
09-24-2011, 18:12
The Racist Roots of Gun Control
By Clayton E. Cramer, 1993

This article provides a brief summary of this unholy alliance of gun control and racism, and to suggest that gun control laws should be regarded as "suspect ideas," analogous to the "suspect classifications" theory of discrimination already part of the American legal system.

Article at:

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html

RGbiker
09-24-2011, 18:33
Article puts the blame squarely on government controlling minorities. Classic example is Southern states denying the black man his right to arm himself against the gun wielding Klan.

Should be required reading in every educational facility in America.

Cambo
09-24-2011, 20:08
In NJ, when they established gun control in the 60s, they copied Nazi Germany's gun control laws to the letter. There used to be a comparison chart of Germany 1938 versus New Jersey 1960s online somewhere. Chilling.

1gewehr
09-25-2011, 20:41
In NJ, when they established gun control in the 60s, they copied Nazi Germany's gun control laws to the letter. There used to be a comparison chart of Germany 1938 versus New Jersey 1960s online somewhere. Chilling.

I believe you mean the Federal 1968 Gun Control Act. It's pretty much a copy of the German 1983 laws. Sen. Thomas Dodd of CT (father of current CT senator Chris Dodd), proposed this and had it passed with the concurrence of the NRA.

Berto
09-25-2011, 20:50
THe politics of "compassion"....in exchange for the promise of safety and a few helping hands, Government will make us all 'equal' by taking a few antiquated freedoms and a few billion tax dollars.

RGbiker
09-26-2011, 01:20
I believe you mean the Federal 1968 Gun Control Act. It's pretty much a copy of the German 1983 laws. Sen. Thomas Dodd of CT (father of current CT senator Chris Dodd), proposed this and had it passed with the concurrence of the NRA.

Also had the blessings of Colt, Ruger, S&W, High Standard and a few other domestic gun manufacturers who wished to see the influx of military surplus and inexpensive foreign weapons dry up.

NRA cooperated with Congress on criminal background checks.

Everyone negotiated on GCA 68...........while gun owners got screwed.

Cambo
09-26-2011, 08:43

Actually I don't. Hitler decided that to own a rifle or shotgun, you needed an ID card. He also decided that handgun permits to purchase shall be issued by local police after thorough examination of the purchaser. Those conditions exist in NJ today.

Super Trucker
11-14-2011, 20:33
The Michigan handgun registration law was statred to keep black folk from owning guns. Dr Ossian Sweet was who they blamed it on.

Funny part is that the majority of black folk are dumbocrat and we all know that many dumbocrats are anti gun, yet the gubmint still to this day has those laws on the books.