Problem attaching Surefire X300 to Glocks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Problem attaching Surefire X300 to Glocks

rock_jock
09-24-2011, 19:57
I have a new X300, which I have outfitted with the QD option. The spring-mounted bar on the X300 will not engage the slot on the underside rail of either my Gen II G23 or my Gen III G20. I assumed that the small friction bumps on the front side of the trigger guard were preventing the X300 from being fully pushed against the trigger guard, so I filed these off. No luck. So then, I took another careful look and it looks like the engagement bar might actually be wider than the slot on the rail. Does any one know if this is correct? If not, any other hints on what the problem might be?

Palmguy
09-24-2011, 20:03
There should have been two "bars" included, one for Picatinny rails and one for the Glock rail. Sounds like you might be using the wrong one.

rsxr22
09-24-2011, 20:13
I agree with Palm

swinokur
09-25-2011, 04:59
what they said. mine works perfectly with my G29 and G30. The X300 normally ships with the Glock latch bar installed, The Picatinny bar is included with the light.

rock_jock
09-25-2011, 14:01
OK, I feel a little stupid. I went back and found the spare attachment bar anf it does in fact match the Glock rail slot. I should note that the light was not installed with either in the package.

Here is another question: I originally had this installed on my AR, which matched the first rail bar I installed (picatinney rail); however, I didn't like how it felt on the AR and decided to use it on my home defense pistol (G23), which is when I realized it wouldn't fit. Ideally I would like to have the option of moving it from one to the other quickly and easily. Has anyone cut the slot on your Glock wider with a Dremel to accept a picatinney-rail accessory?