Wireless Wildlife Camera Advice Please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Wildlife Camera Advice Please

Shoeless
09-25-2011, 19:14
Hey GT pals!!
I know, I know, it's been four hundred years since I've logged on. Will it help if I say I THINK about you guys often?? :supergrin:

So I hope everyone is doing awesome and I see many of my old GT pals over at Facebook, so I'm actually NOT dead. That's the good news.

The bad news is that things in our mountain community are beginning to get a tinge squirrely, what with the economy in the crapper. Because we aren't there every week, and burglaries are going up in the general area, we feel the need to place a few wireless cameras around our property to keep an eye on who is coming in and going out when we aren't there.

I would like something as simple as possible that will piggyback on our already existing DSL wireless network that is in the house.

I don't know much about these systems but I'm thinking this is what I need:

Motion activated

Able to take still or video images

Good quality night vision

Good quality day/night images (no point having a picture of some POS if you can't identify them or their license plate right?)

BONUS: The ability to manually manipulate/swivel the camera(s) remotely and see images in real time via the internet would be awesome!

Any suggestions for specific cameras or configurations?

THANK YOU to all you awesome peeps!! :hearts:

Shoeless