My love for my 870 spawned a new venture. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My love for my 870 spawned a new venture.

coleslaw
09-25-2011, 20:29
I've been deciding if I should get a AR, I shot a couple and it didn't tickle my fancy, but I have been shooting the hell out of my 870 express and I've come to the conclusion that I love shotguns soooooo much that I want another one. Here's the basics...

I've noticed the substantial weight of my 870 express fully loaded, so I don't want something with a million bells and whistles but I do want something a little more "tactical" than my 870. Speedfeed, pistol grip and the option to add a sling would be nice options.

I want a great sight system. Not rifle sights nor front bead. Something like Ghost rings or fiber optic. If it's better to go with a picitanny rail and a red dot then please share that and reasons why it's better.

I don't care if it's pump or semi, but I would like to stay under 800 dollars. I don't have Benelli money unfortunately.

The purpose of this shotgun will be for fun range use and home defense but it will def be put through it's paces.

So what do you guys think? Also I'm not partial to one brand, I know there are folks out there that will never buy a Mossberg or never buy a Remington etc... Hey they all go boom when I pull the trigger.

Jackalo626
09-25-2011, 20:37
I can add that if you want a flashlight mount then look at the Elzetta mount I have on mine. It is on an 870 but thee tail cap in the pic is not used, I use the regular button but that was for a different photo. The fiber optic slip on works as well for me and I can't remember the brand.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Jackalo626/f609340c.jpg

Ferdinandd
09-25-2011, 20:52
I've used a couple GRS setups, plain bead, and Remington rifle sights. To me, the rifle sights are the best, if you want irons. That said, I'm about to put a cheap red dot on my 870 for evaluation. I think it will work well, and I'm ready to pay fior an Aimpoint if I like my observations of the cheaper dot.

Kaybe
09-25-2011, 23:03
Check out MidwayUSA and Brownells for the all the tacticool stuff you can put on an 870 and other shotguns. Your credit card is your limit. But, some of the stuff is for imaginary tactical problems designed just to separate you from your money. I would stick with the 870-good, reliable, so many options for it.