Danner boots breakin questions/sizing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Danner boots breakin questions/sizing

nikerret
09-26-2011, 02:21
I recenly bought some Danner Blackhawk II 6" duty boots.

Every pair of boots I bought in the past has fit well in the store only to break in and be slightly too large allowing my feet to slide inside the boot. These include Wolverines, Redwings, Dr. Martens, and my current (and old) Rockys.

The Danners I bought are size 11. The 11.5's were more comfortable in the store, but I feared they would stretch too much; like all the other boots. For the price and how long I expect them to last, I want the one that will work best in the long run.

I've worn the new boots around the house for a few hours and they are still very tight. To those of you who have worn Danners, will they stretch to fit better or should I have bought the size that fit the best in the store?

I am not fully set on the 6" boot, yet, either. I've always worn 8" boots and the shorter boot feels wierd, still. Not bad, just very different.

If anyone has any break in tips beyond "wear them", I'd like to hear them.

jwhite75
09-26-2011, 07:23
I have 4 pairs of Danner...stick to the size that fits you in the store. Just my personal opinion.

For hunting and such I like the 8" gives me more support climbing hills and from snakes. For duty work I have always preferred the 6". Look at the Patrol (leather/nylon) or Blackhawk (all leather) models.

I have no wonder cure for break in, but I do highly recommend getting the products from
www.obenaufs.com

Agent6-3/8
09-26-2011, 07:27
I've had my Acadia Elites for 4 or 5 years now and I can't tell that they've stretched at all and they've seen some hard use as both a patrol and hiking/hunting boot. I though mine were pretty soft when I got them, but just plain old use helped ot break them in further.

BailRecoveryAgent
09-26-2011, 09:02
To those of you who have worn Danners, will they stretch to fit better or should I have bought the size that fit the best in the store?

Buy your correct size in Danners. I've worn Danner Quarry's for work boots, Danner pronghorns for hunting/hiking/outdoorsy stuff for about 10 years, and IMHO Danners will not stretch much. I wear a size 13, have a wide foot on top of wearing orthotics, and the Danners are the only boots that seem to fit my feet and orthotics properly and don't stretch out and become too big.

I've had my Quarry's resoled by Danner twice, and they are still as comfortable as when they were new.

Gangrel
09-26-2011, 15:26
They just stopped making the APB! I was about to buy some since they no longer make the old Strikers :\

Mayhem like Me
09-26-2011, 18:36
As others have said but the regular size in danners they really don't stretch much..
This is for the stitchdown like your boots..

scottydl
09-27-2011, 08:02
They will take more than a few hours to break in... think more like a few weeks (maybe more like 1-2 weeks) of wearing them on shift, i.e. several hours of moving around in them for many days.

I too find that boots end up too big for me sometimes when I buy true-to-size, and I like to go a half-size down. My Danner's are 9's and I usually wear 9-9.5's in other shoes so I think you'll be fine once they get a good mold on your foot from the inside.

pal2511
11-30-2011, 15:24
Sorry to rehash the old thread.

Just found out the other day I have been wearing the wrong size shoe all my life. I guess I have size B feet...(Narrow).
Do any of you have Danner Acadias and have narrow feet? How do they work out for you if you do?