While I'm waiting... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : While I'm waiting...

TKOFaith
09-26-2011, 08:21
...for Wisconsin's carry law to take effect, I'm trying to break in my CBST. While wearing it to work this morning I had a thought. I wondered if my cell phone would fit into the kydex. Well, it does. And to make matters even better, it sticks out just about the same distance as my G19. Of course, it's not "L" shaped, but it does work pretty nicely. Now, once the law takes effect, I'm going to have to find a new place for my cell phone!

DaverZ
09-26-2011, 11:34
in november i believe,just hoping its recip with florida

HerrGlock
09-26-2011, 11:44

I've got to read it again but I believe WI accepts all permits.

HerrGlock
09-26-2011, 11:51
Aha! Found as much as they have right now. Seems a WI resident must have a WI permit to carry within the state. I believe that was a question a few threads ago. It seems your permit state must perform a background check similar to the NICS check for WI to accept the permit. That eliminates a handful of states that don't require the background check (AL comes to mind)

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ccw_frequently_asked_questions.pdf

OUT-OF-STATE LICENSES
Do I need a Wisconsin license if I already have a CCW license from another state?
Yes, if you are a Wisconsin resident. In order to carry concealed in Wisconsin, a person (other than a former law enforcement officer), must possess either a valid Wisconsin CCW license or hold a valid out-of-state CCW license recognized by Wisconsin. However, an “out-of-state licensee” is defined as an individual with an out-of-state CCW license who is 21 years of age or over, and who is not a Wisconsin resident. Wis. Stat. 175.60(1)(g). Therefore, if you currently reside in Wisconsin and have a CCW
CCW FAQ 08/02/11
- 23 -
license or permit issued by another state, your out-of-state license is not legally sufficient to carry in Wisconsin and you must qualify for and obtain a Wisconsin CCW license in order to carry concealed in Wisconsin.
However, training obtained under the training requirement of another state may be sufficient to meet Wisconsin’s firearms training requirement.
If I am visiting Wisconsin from another state and I have a CCW license from that state, is it okay for me to carry in Wisconsin?
Maybe. DOJ is required to establish, by rule, a list of states that issue a CCW license or permit that either requires or designates that the holder of the license or permit chose to submit to a background check that is comparable to the check conducted under Wisconsin law. Wis. Stat. 165.25(12). A person who possesses a CCW license or permit from one of the states designated in the DOJ rule may carry concealed in Wisconsin. Wis. Stat. 15.60((1)(f) and (2g)(a). Such a person may begin carrying concealed as soon as DOJ lists the state by rule which will be posted online on November 1, 2011.

TKOFaith
09-26-2011, 11:58

Yep. November 1st the law takes effect. It is also the first day that the DOJ will begin accepting applications. The DOJ has 45 days to issue or deny permits to those who apply in November. I believe that after December 1 the DOJ only has 21 days to issue or deny. I will have my Utah permit by the middle of November, but won't be able to carry until I receive my Wisconsin permit.

Wisconsin WILL recognize Florida permits, as I understand it.