Duty belt for OSI? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Duty belt for OSI?

4TS&W
09-27-2011, 08:16
Wasn't sure if coptalk or military was a better fit.. But here goes.. My Sis is fresh out of school and looking for a duty belt that is best suited for the job. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Morris
09-27-2011, 09:20
OSI as in AFOSI or . . . ?

4TS&W
09-27-2011, 11:13
OSI as in AFOSI or . . . ?

Yes, she just got commissioned..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

crazyasian1
09-27-2011, 11:14
Sorry not much help, just personal observations. Depends on where she's going, CONUS or OCONUS. I've seen them in the requisite photog/conceal vests and paddle holsters stateside, and every combo of tactical gear overseas. In reality, they'll probably issue her what she needs.

jwhite75
09-27-2011, 11:21
Sorry not much help, just personal observations. Depends on where she's going, CONUS or OCONUS. I've seen them in the requisite photog/conceal vests and paddle holsters stateside, and every combo of tactical gear overseas. In reality, they'll probably issue her what she needs.

This....^^^^^

She should invst in a decent concealment rig on her own maybe a cuff pouch, but mostlikely she will get what they give her.

AZnine
09-27-2011, 11:33
Unless things have changed she will be issued a SIG 228 with holster and mag pouch.

4TS&W
09-27-2011, 11:35
Cool, thanks, that's kinda what I thought.. but there are always folks who buy nice milspec ok'd stuff that was not issued.. For now she is CONUS. I told her to check with her peers, but that I'd ask around as well..

GunFighter45ACP
09-27-2011, 14:12
(2) Don Hume Leather Belts. 1 in black, the other in brown.

collim1
09-27-2011, 14:27
If you really want to help her out get her a Beltman gun belt, or a small Surefire light. Chances are they'll issue her the other stuff.

A good belt makes all the difference. Or if she has that, a Surefire e2e or similar small pocket light with duty level brightness could come in handy.

MAGlock
09-27-2011, 15:10
Unless things have changed she will be issued a SIG 228 with holster and mag pouch.

I am not sure, but I can't find a P228 listed as still available from Sig. I believe they are issuing the P229 or P239. Don't quote me though as I am not positive.

AZnine
09-27-2011, 15:27
Department of Defense bought ton of these SIG 228's designated as the M11 like the Beretta 92FS has been designated M9. M11(Sig 228) for Investigative services and some pilots.

MAGlock
09-27-2011, 17:15
Roger that! Thanks!

CAcop
09-27-2011, 21:31
I am not sure, but I can't find a P228 listed as still available from Sig. I believe they are issuing the P229 or P239. Don't quote me though as I am not positive.

You can get them. You just have to order enough (few hundred) or get an overun gun. The gun store nearest me had a P225 new from the factory a few months ago and theose have theoretically been out of print for a decade for non-LEA.

It is similar to haow you can get Sigs with mag disconnects for a PD if you order 200 of them at once.

As for the OP I would recommend a good light like another poster has mentioned. I would say AA or CR123 operated would be best. Surefire, Streamlight, 4Sevens, Fenix, and few others are highly recommended.

DaBigBR
09-28-2011, 08:31
You can get them. You just have to order enough (few hundred) or get an overun gun. The gun store nearest me had a P225 new from the factory a few months ago and theose have theoretically been out of print for a decade for non-LEA.

It is similar to haow you can get Sigs with mag disconnects for a PD if you order 200 of them at once.

As for the OP I would recommend a good light like another poster has mentioned. I would say AA or CR123 operated would be best. Surefire, Streamlight, 4Sevens, Fenix, and few others are highly recommended.

Sig also has a bunch of limited off-catalog runs every year. You can find some pretty neat, and unique stuff that way.