We ask for your special prayers tonight... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : We ask for your special prayers tonight...

kcb
09-27-2011, 19:02
There are a LOT of things going on with the Postal Service right now.

My husband's job could end much sooner than we were EVER anticipating that it would happen.

There are things already passing in Congress to FORCE the senior people OUT of the post office. That would include my husband.

Needless to say, that is NOT in our plan. We are not quite ready for that yet.

This process has already been approved by a subcommittee, and it is now waiting to go through to go through comitttee to go to the floor to be voted on. If they approve it, it goes to the house. McCain is already working on a similar bill in the Senate.

My husband thinks Obama might Veto it, but there will probably be enough votes to over-ride it.

The move is to keep the low seniority/lower paid PFC's (part-time casuals) running the post office. (I.E. lower quality service....guaranteed!) These part-time casuals work for a short period of time, and are then replaced by new part time casuals. No consistency...higher training costs...lower pay...
etc. etc.

You've been receiving this more and more for the past decade or so...but if this all goes through, that will be ALL you will get!

I realize that many people that work for the USPS are just collecting their paycheck; but I know that my husband and MANY of his co-workers work VERY hard to do their job right and care about what they do. My husband is a perfectionist about his responsiblities and has received much praise from his customers. He works at the main distribution plant in Orlando....which is on the chopping block to be closed as well.

Please pray for God's direction and blessing as we face the next couple of months.

We may know of my husband's career ending sooner; but we will definitely know if his plant closes by March.

Our world and future may be completely different that we ever thought it would be.

In God I will completely trust!

:angel:

Thank you!

smith10
09-27-2011, 19:07
Will pray KCB

For the peace that surpasses understanding. And the joy that will keep your soul(s).

trcubed
09-27-2011, 19:10
You got'em, ma'am.

kcb
09-27-2011, 19:13
Will pray KCB

For the peace that surpasses understanding. And the joy that will keep your soul(s).

Thank you so much, Smith! Your words touched my heart tonight! God bless!

You got'em, ma'am.

Thank you!

Dinky
09-27-2011, 19:16
Good vibes are on the way....

kcb
09-27-2011, 19:22
Good vibes are on the way....

Thanks, Dinky!

69stingray
09-27-2011, 19:25
Prayers sent, hope everything works out okay for ya'll.

Ray

kcb
09-27-2011, 19:27
I will do my best to keep you posted.

Kirby, my husband, and I have spent a LOT of time discussing this tonight.

We've talked about all of our options.

We talked to my mom...she is my biggest prayer partner...I guess she always has been since I was a little girl.

We have many concerns. God will see us through, I am confident of this. He ALWAYS has and I'm certain he always will.

But it is always best, when we have prayer partners in our life.

It is late...I need to have my time alone now.

Good night and thank you for all of your prayers.

:hugs: :angel:

kcb
09-27-2011, 19:27
Prayers sent, hope everything works out okay for ya'll.

Ray

Thank you SO much, Ray!

tous
09-28-2011, 03:30
:angel: :hugs:

Dinky
09-28-2011, 07:50
OK folks, so we can help KCB and Kirby out, we need to stop posting here and send all threads and responses by regular mail with extra postasge.

It's me, what did you expect :whistling:

tous
09-28-2011, 10:37
You are such a Dinky.

Dinky
09-28-2011, 10:59
You are such a Dinky.

And this is a suprise???? :dunno:

gruntmedik
09-28-2011, 14:42
Many prayers for you and Kirby!!

kcb
09-28-2011, 16:44
:angel: :hugs:

:hugs:

Thank you, Mr. Tous!

kcb
09-28-2011, 16:47
OK folks, so we can help KCB and Kirby out, we need to stop posting here and send all threads and responses by regular mail with extra postasge.

It's me, what did you expect :whistling:

Thanks, Dinky! But I don't think ANYONE wants to go back to that form of communication!

I remember the days of waiting PATIENTLY :impatient: for letters from two different but very special guys in my life.....at two VERY different TIMES in my life! It was torture waiting a week for a response! I know it would really be torture now....though I have my special GUY right by my side, now!

Prayers are our best hope! :angel:

kcb
09-28-2011, 16:48
Many prayers for you and Kirby!!

Thanks, Deke!

kcb
09-28-2011, 16:52
Kirb and I are headed out to sit by our fire pit by the pool, to pray and talk about things.

We said we'd give it 30 days, and re-evaluate the situation....

but that is easier said than done.

There were certain "buzz" words that I heard throughout my day that just brought tears to my eyes. It was a VERY tough day for me!

Two people that make a couple, who have college educations....raise a good family....are fairly successful for 32 years.....

You just don't anticipate this as a possibility at this point in your life!

Thanks for the prayers!

God has never let us down....and wherever two or more are gathered in his name....

OSSI
09-28-2011, 18:35
Prayers on the way.
I know( from my own experience), something better will com out of this :) :hugs:

Davegrave
09-28-2011, 19:35
These threads always make me wish I was religious so i could just say "prayers sent".

But no matter how it's phrased, I'm wishing for nothing but the best for you.

Dinky
09-28-2011, 20:25
These threads always make me wish I was religious so i could just say "prayers sent".

I just send good vibes, that works for me...

tous
09-29-2011, 03:14
Do you have a Theremin to go with those good vibrations?

Aye, it's a subtle reference. :kilt:

Dinky
09-29-2011, 06:40
Do you have a Theremin to go with those good vibrations?

Aye, it's a subtle reference. :kilt:

Theremins send good viberations....

tous
09-29-2011, 09:30
Theremins send good viberations....

Do you also supply the excitations?

Dinky
09-29-2011, 09:42
Do you also supply the excitations?

Have been known to excite:cool:

kcb
09-29-2011, 17:45
Prayers on the way.
I know( from my own experience), something better will com out of this :) :hugs:

Ossi, THAT is what my husband and I are agreeing upon in our daily prayers.

God doesn't close a door without opening at least a window.

Today a friend of mine may have cracked open a window that could be something for my husband. Our prayers continue!

Thank you for your prayers!

OSSI
09-29-2011, 19:14

Ossi, that is what my husband and i are agreeing upon in our daily prayers.

God doesn't close a door without opening at least a window.

Today a friend of mine may have cracked open a window that could be something for my husband. Our prayers continue!

Thank you for your prayers!

:) :) :)

kcb
09-30-2011, 15:19

azbuckeye
09-30-2011, 15:36
Prayers your way.....