26-27 crimson trace laser grip [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 26-27 crimson trace laser grip

billy b
09-28-2011, 07:50
anybody here put laser grips on there 26 or 27. picked up a 26 & thinking of puting on laser grips. does it add a lot of bulk to gun. no master on off switch so it on when shooting outdoors right.

longhaulcop
09-28-2011, 08:30
It does add bulk to the gun it will have to be your decision if it is too bulky, I like mine on my 27. If you have a friend or coworker that has one you could try it before you decide to buy. Outside you probably won't see it too well depending on the light, mine does not have a on or off switch, but I have learned to move my trigger finger slight up to block the laser until I am ready to fire.

kamonjj
09-28-2011, 08:34
I had one on my 33 and hated it. Added bulk and I would never actually use it, I prefer the sights. Not to mention it's not tactical in a scenero where you want to remain in the darkness. It's pretty easy for a robber to shoot a red light.

NevadaBob
09-28-2011, 21:00
billy b....I have a 26 and went to Cabela's on Saturday and they had a lasergrip setup on a 27. I actually liked the feel of a "bit more" bulk. And I don't consider it bulk at all, just a slightly fatter grip that felt good.
And, of course , it activates the second you apply grip pressure. And if I didn't want it to always activate, now don't laugh, one could center a Dr. Scholl's corn cushion over the activation site and maybe that would give just enough heighth to not activate. Then you would have the much coveted Glock 26 Dr. Scholl's Model!
I'm also looking at the Laserlyte but some of the reviews are "iffy".

canav844
09-28-2011, 22:27
I put one on this weekend, did some dry fire practice with it, took it to the range today. Dry fire did do a good job of showing those telltale movements in my trigger pull when the trigger bar slips just low enough to release the firing pin, and I got to really narrow down the amount of movement in the critical moment; so I can see it's potential as a handy training aid before you ever send a round down range.

I did night sights first, batteries can and do die over time, and if I don't stop for the special batteries I still want sighting ability in the dark. Dot shows up well in my 120 Blackhawk Gladius's beam, it's definitely there during the daylight, it's just smaller only the center focus of the beam is really visible.

I've found that with a good purchase but light pressure it's not illuminated, so I can tighten and loosen the web between my thumb and index finger for some on and off control, as well when you have a proper grip and are not on target your finger is not on the trigger and is indexed on the frame, in front of the laser beam, it lights your finger up but you're not telegraphing your movements with the dot. If the dot is on my target and they want to use it as a point of reference, they're likely stuck looking through the muzzle flash of the 27 when I see they're looking to shoot me.

The grip has some more girth, I made the purchase at a local store and had them fit it on a 27 they had in the case so I could feel what it would add before I bought it. The batteries sit where my hand creates a natural gap against the otherwise flat side of the Glock.

It's not much of a difference when I've got a good sight picture, as the dot sits on the other side of the front sight, when on the move, firing rapidly, or in situations where there is a less than ideal sight picture it did help me know when I was on target sooner. The biggest result of this during my range time was when I had two paper plates next to each other, 2 rounds in the first two in the second reload, the two rounds going to the second target were consistently better grouped when I let one eye track the laser as the gun moved between targets.

So in an ideal world it'll make little to no difference...we don't live in an ideal world, and it is my opinion that the $160 investment I made in it may provide some advantage should I need to use the firearm in self defense. Night sights have made a bigger difference for me and for about 2/3s the cost ($100 installed in my little corner of the world, I've seen them as low as 70 installed though depending on brand). For the 3 G27 compatible holsters I have, the laser grips will work with two.

Here's a few pictures I took when I first installed it.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O206635L2qQ/Tn7FsQHa1XI/AAAAAAAAEw4/SoVerOdnhFo/s512/024.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sl3AgvelSfU/Tn67vfG-hII/AAAAAAAAEvk/1T7Hqqr560o/s640/056.JPG
Holding the camera the gun and the grips at the same time is a bit of a handfull...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5a8okiIaALQ/Tn7FmdTpXQI/AAAAAAAAEwE/IFQ3Z0-JyYA/s576/018.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VloIMTdqyaA/Tn7FqDgBvUI/AAAAAAAAEwQ/JLlJkM3Ycqk/s576/022.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-agLgk75wl8A/Tn67m9RebMI/AAAAAAAAEvc/Ji7cTEkeyDA/s640/032.JPG

Also hit up youtube, CT has all their promotional stuff on the web and there are plenty of reviews from 3rd parties.

Pro 2A
09-28-2011, 22:58
I have one on my 19. I used it for an IDPA fun match and found that close up, it helped me, but past 10'-15' or so, in sunlight, I couldn't see it on the target at all and had to use my fixed sights.

I use a crossbreed IWB holster and found that the sight sticking out prints if I tuck in my shirt. It's this reason that I don't plan to put one on my 26 that I now carry daily. But I keep the 19 handy in the house where confrontations are likely to be close and in lower light than direct sunlight.

As stated, the "always on" feature could be a drawback in really low light, but moving your trigger finger up just slightly prevents it from shining in front of you (but it would still be visible if the light is low enough and could be used to target you).

A plus is that it's position on the gun doesn't affect it's ability to fit into any holster I have seen including kydex.

I highly recommend getting really comfortable and fast with fixed sights before adding a laser because having the muscle memory of being able to get on target quickly will help you FIND the dot on the target faster.

It's also great for dry fire practice and close shooting practice to see how much your barrel moves as you pull the trigger.

Pro 2A
09-28-2011, 23:02
One other thing, it's location on the target changes based on the distance from the target. In my avatar, because it's so close to the photo of the bad guy, the dot is below my sights and not visible in the photo. At 10-15' it's right on top of my sights. At farther distances (when I practiced indoors) if I put it on top of my sights, my shots were off. So unless you have practice as a sniper and can quickly accomodate for distance, I wouldn't use a laser for precision. For self-defense, it will get close enough to be effective :-):whistling:

lvl1trauma
09-29-2011, 05:41
I love mine. It would be nice if the laser was green, though.