Stopping pop unders [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stopping pop unders

jwagess
09-28-2011, 20:03
Is there any way I can stopping the Chevy pop under from appearing constantly on this forum? All it does for me is guarantee I won't buy a Chevy.

Dalton Wayne
09-28-2011, 20:05
Buy a basic membership, you not only stop the adds but help support the site

GIockGuy24
09-28-2011, 22:24
I don't get the Chevy ad. I don't which add-on stops it but I use Firefox with

Adblock Plus, Better Privacy, NoScript and WOT.

All 4 are Firefox add-on extensions. NoScript can block things you may want so there is some setting up to it or you can just leave it switched off. it's a good add-on to have though.

Adblock Plus blocks a lot of pop-ups.

Better Privacy deletes "super cookies."

WOT is very good at marking safe links safe and unsafe links unsafe. The few it doesn't know about usually are popular links and it gives a gray symbol for unknown links.

Uncle T-bone
09-30-2011, 05:31
I don't get the Chevy ad. I don't which add-on stops it but I use Firefox with

Adblock Plus, Better Privacy, NoScript and WOT.

All 4 are Firefox add-on extensions. NoScript can block things you may want so there is some setting up to it or you can just leave it switched off. it's a good add-on to have though.

Adblock Plus blocks a lot of pop-ups.

Better Privacy deletes "super cookies."

WOT is very good at marking safe links safe and unsafe links unsafe. The few it doesn't know about usually are popular links and it gives a gray symbol for unknown links.

+1 on Firefox with the Adblock Plus extension. No more Chevy ad or annoying pop-ups on any other web site for the last 6 months since I enabled it.

Uncle T-bone
09-30-2011, 06:44
See. I even stopped this thread! :rofl:

Sgt. Schultz
09-30-2011, 11:42
See. I even stopped this thread! :rofl: Threads that explain how to disable ads tend to get locked rather quickly. :shocked:

happyguy
10-02-2011, 06:10
Is there any way I can stopping the Chevy pop under from appearing constantly on this forum? All it does for me is guarantee I won't buy a Chevy.

I click on the GM add every time it pops up...sometimes twice. I hate Government Motors and the UAW for the way they did the bond holders and the taxpayers. Every penny I can bleed out of them makes me feel a little better.:steamed:

I'm don't think I'm being petty either, a little psychotic maybe, but not petty! :supergrin:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

gh0st614
10-02-2011, 11:53
I dont block the ads here. I want to generate that revenue for Eric since Ive been a free member for a decade or whatever.

Ads are such a minor pain in the butt to me

rhikdavis
10-02-2011, 18:58
Buy a basic membership, you not only stop the adds but help support the site

It worked for me!! :thumbsup:

holesinpaper
10-04-2011, 03:03
Threads that explain how to disable ads tend to get locked rather quickly. :shocked:

But this is in tech talk, not GnG.

Sgt. Schultz
10-04-2011, 06:02
But this is in tech talk, not GnG.
Usually that doesn't matter because explaining how to block ads can take money out of Eric's pocket ... I'm very surprised that this post is still here.

jwagess
10-04-2011, 20:43
:faint: I'm such a dope! It never occurred that it was being used to generate revenue. I guess I had a a brain cramp sorry......:embarassed: