Oregon appeals court throws out university gun ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon appeals court throws out university gun ban

Kev Kanos
09-29-2011, 00:11
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20110928/UPDATE/110928019/Oregon-appeals-court-throws-out-university-gun-ban-?odyssey=nav|head

Pretty happy about this even though I just finished school. The radio was talking about this today also and he was saying that the schools were still going to enforce it even though it isn't legal. Sometimes I am in shock at how much the left wants us to obey all these stupid gun laws that we have to put up with but we get a little victory and they say they won't abide by it. Bunch of hypocrites.

Jerry
09-29-2011, 07:14
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20110928/UPDATE/110928019/Oregon-appeals-court-throws-out-university-gun-ban-?odyssey=nav|head

Pretty happy about this even though I just finished school. The radio was talking about this today also and he was saying that the schools were still going to enforce it even though it isn't legal. Sometimes I am in shock at how much the left wants us to obey all these stupid gun laws that we have to put up with but we get a little victory and they say they won't abide by it. Bunch of hypocrites.

That’s what happens when people are insulated from punishment. So the head(s) of the university ignore the law by suspending or expelling a student. Student sues! The university may be forced to pay a fine. That fine doesn’t come out of pockets of the people making the “illegal” rules. More than likely it will be paid with our tax money. Money the government “GAVE” them. That doesn't give the student his/her time back or the lost education.

Just like in New Orleans when they “illegally” confiscated firearms. The mayor and chief of police should have been fined and done jail time. A mayor and police chief are supposed to know the law. If ignorance of the law is no excuse for the common man it shouldn’t be an excuse for politicians. In New Orleans they admitted they ignored the law and walked away scot-free. Oh they were “force” to return the firearms. BS! The people had to produce proof that the firearms belong to them and most of firearms were worthless because they were stored in damp conditions and were rusted beyond repair. Was the mayor and police chied “forced” to pay for those firearms? NO!

No accountability leads to who cares about a law. :steamed: