The use of Wasp Spray against a citizen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The use of Wasp Spray against a citizen

Frank V
09-29-2011, 11:43
Massad
I just read further in your link ot Snopes about the use of Wasp spray. There was an incident mentioned where criminals used Wasp Spray against a vitim (as well as their vehicle) I wonder if in the case of someone threatening you with Wasp spray if it might not be considered as an assault with intent to cause great bodily harm?
We might all wish to consult our local Police or Sheriff's office on the use of this?
Thanks
Frank

Mas Ayoob
09-29-2011, 22:32
Frank, we'll have to define the terms here. Specifically, we need to define "threatens to." If someone says to me, "I'm gonna go home and get my wasp spray and hose it in your face," it's obviously not yet grounds for a maximum force response.

However, if someone is in the act of spraying me in the eyes with a poisonous substance, or is obviously immediately capable of doing so and appears to reasonable and prudent judgment that he IS about to, you're damn skippy right I'll consider it a lethal force assault, and will respond appropriately.

As always (see preface at top of this section), this is practical advice, not legal advice, since I only offer the former and never give the latter.

Hoping this answers your question,
Mas

Frank V
09-30-2011, 18:41
Thanks Massad
I think there is a part of the threat coupled with the present ability to carry it out that applies too.
Frank