Thinking about Sig Scorpion. Any experience with Sig 1911s? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Sig Scorpion. Any experience with Sig 1911s?

outback45
09-29-2011, 15:08
Hi,
I have a lot of experience with Sig classic pistols, but not their 1911s. I've been eye balling the new scorpion, and I'd like to hear from people with Sig 1911 experience. Do you like them? Have they been reliable? Thanks.

fastluck
09-29-2011, 17:59
I have an XO. It has been very reliable. Accurate too. I don't think there is a single machine mark anywhere on it, the checkering is well done, and the Nitron finish is great (not the same as the scorpion).

I have shot it weekly in a steel match for a year now and have zero complaints.

bac1023
09-29-2011, 18:08
Good, solid, reliable 1911s.

I hate the styling though.

CALI_CAMMO
09-30-2011, 01:56
I recently picked up a Sig 1911R in stainless. A couple hundreds rounds later, only one FTF which i determined was caused on my part. Other than that, great pistol. I was kinda unsure about them until I tried one out at the range I go to. Good pistol and a decent price point.

righteoushoot
09-30-2011, 05:59
Recently picked up the "Carry" version. I had some teething issues with FTRB. Now @ around 450 down range, it seems to be working out. When I have some more trouble free rounds downrange, I will consider it good to go.

The optimist in me tells me it was just a little tight out of the box. Just the luck of the draw. However, I find it to be very accurate and feels very good in my hands. It's a combination of the texture of the grips, the weight, the size of the thumb safety that just feels right to me.

I don't feel the need to go out and upgrade anything on it either. (Maybe some springs down the line). I like having a magwell worked into the grips already. I can not see a mark on them from reloads either, but not exactly overused just yet.

Is it a traditional looking 1911? I have heard others on this sub forum chime in rather negatively on that issue, but we are talking about owning one, not a critique of the aesthetics, which I like. :tongueout:

G-30Jet
09-30-2011, 08:07
The Sig is a very nicely done 1911. I have had the GSR Target model for over a year. Beautiful workmanship, fair pricing, reliable, accurate. Some do not like the classic"sig" profile. Doesn't bother me a bit, I like it!

4949shooter
09-30-2011, 09:13
I had the opportunity to shoot and clean a friend's Sig Scorpion. I can attest to the fact that they are well made, and ACCURATE weapons. I wasn't crazy about the feel of the grip though, which is personal preference.

outback45
09-30-2011, 09:36
Thanks guys. Very helpful feedback. Personally, I like the styling of most Sig firearms. Some of them are a little too funky for me. But I like the fact that they go out on a limb and design things that looks a little different sometimes.