What does he want them to do? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What does he want them to do?

faceplant
09-30-2011, 14:16
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/29353120/detail.html

The Chief want training on the use of force.
The guy pulls a gun, they kill him. Seems like they know all about the proper use of force. :dunno:

imaguy3
09-30-2011, 14:47
sounds to me like he thinks the Officers should have "de-escalated" without shooting him...? He sounds like an Admin person fo sho!

CAcop
09-30-2011, 15:20
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/thirdimpact/*********motivator.jpg

merlynusn
09-30-2011, 16:08
What in the....??? That article has me :steamed: I can't believe the Chief would say crap like that. (I'm paraphrasing and using sarcasm so as to not violate Eric's copyright rules) "I don't know why my officers shot that poor person who pointed a gun at them. We'll make sure we re-train so they don't shoot people who point guns at them in the future."

Jeff82
09-30-2011, 16:14
He's trying to justify the expense of the new simulator.

Cochese
09-30-2011, 16:18
That place is a crap hole.

I'm surprised there aren't more dead bad guys on a regular basis.

volsbear
09-30-2011, 16:23
If a mope talks about shooting someone, you try and de-escaluate. If the mope produces a gun, you immediately move on to de-oxygenate.

Ajon412
09-30-2011, 16:41
Jarome Lee Blackmon, 21, was shot and killed on Thursday morning after he allegedly pointed a handgun at officers, police said.

Yea, and......Sounds like no additional training is needed....:dunno:

Nevertheless, and because we must always be the best we can be in this arena, we will challenge you with still more training scenarios and policy guidance on de-escalation and avoidance of use of force wherever possible."

WTF....Sounds like the Chief's had his testicles surgically removed and appears to be "stuck on stupid".....:faint:

msu_grad_121
09-30-2011, 17:26
If a mope talks about shooting someone, you try and de-escaluate. If the mope produces a gun, you immediately move on to de-oxygenate.

:rofl: Epic friggin win!

igor
09-30-2011, 21:21
i have got to go with ca cop wqhat a ******

Aquanewt
09-30-2011, 22:00
Typical Chief. Now a mouthpiece for the local politicos

Sgt127
09-30-2011, 22:05
Perhaps we are reading the Chief wrong. The training to de escalate will be provided for the suspects. Sigh.

janice6
09-30-2011, 22:17
I'm not a cop but, my father used to tell me that if someone points a gun at you you have to "stop" them or sure as he** you will be dead.

I wouldn't want to bet my life he/she would not fire. Talk is cheap.

DustyJacket
09-30-2011, 23:36
Saudi Aurora is a "different" place, for sure.

Yankee2718
10-03-2011, 11:00
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ateamer
10-03-2011, 11:43
Why are people with no balls allowed to rise above anything but the lowliest positions? Crap like that leads to law enforcement having positions like "executives", "managers" and "supervisors", and avoiding any reference to being a leader and banning telling it like it is.

wjv
10-03-2011, 12:31
Typical Denver Liberal Politics. . .

When I lived in Colorado ~14 years ago, Boulder & Denver were in competition to see which city could become the biggest liberal cesspool. . I think Denver won. .

packsaddle
10-03-2011, 16:27
verbal judo has a 50 percent chance at de-escalating a crisis situation.

deadly force has a 100 percent chance of de-escalating a crisis situation.

razdog76
10-03-2011, 16:42
..."maximum restraint in the use of force,"...

So, does that mean minimum force is out?

Maybe, one of a couple of people that used to visit coptalk, will show up to interpret this.

razdog76
10-03-2011, 16:43
verbal judo has a 50 percent chance at de-escalating a crisis situation.

deadly force has a 100 percent chance of de-escalating a crisis situation.

Nah, I have seen some of my coworkers shoot.:whistling:

COLOSHOOTR
10-03-2011, 16:46
Now I feel really bad for pushing all the turds over the city limits into Aurora.... On the other hand if I shoot them I'd probably get fired in my city for excessive force so better them then us.

IGotIt
10-03-2011, 16:46
I can hear it now: "sir, please don't point the gun or shoot at us. We will put our guns in the holster and as we back away from you we need to talk to you about the seriousness of your actions. Here is my card, please call us tomorrow and we'll talk about it. Thank You sir for your cooperation."

Cav
10-03-2011, 17:34
He's trying to justify the expense of the new simulator.

Thats how I read it.

It is a good training tool. A city near us has one and it is expensive. We have a portable brought to our PD from time to time.

Would anyone on here say that a use of force trainer teaches an officer not to shoot back? I mean haver you donethe simulator and never fired?

While it's easy to bash the Chief, that area might be anti police use of force. The Chief must balance what the public (the real employer) wants, and what officers must do to stay safe.

If you shoot a person are new with no training, can you justify your use of force? How about if you have training and real dealings?

A good shoot is a good shoot, a bad shoot is a bad shoot, and questionable shoot is a crap shoot.

I guess many have never been to court and said "based on my training and experience..."

All shootings get investigated. The more training you have, the more YOU can justify your use of force.

Hack
10-03-2011, 20:20

Agreed.

Hack
10-03-2011, 20:23
Thats how I read it.

It is a good training tool. A city near us has one and it is expensive. We have a portable brought to our PD from time to time.

Would anyone on here say that a use of force trainer teaches an officer not to shoot back? I mean haver you donethe simulator and never fired?

While it's easy to bash the Chief, that area might be anti police use of force. The Chief must balance what the public (the real employer) wants, and what officers must do to stay safe.

If you shoot a person are new with no training, can you justify your use of force? How about if you have training and real dealings?

A good shoot is a good shoot, a bad shoot is a bad shoot, and questionable shoot is a crap shoot.

I guess many have never been to court and said "based on my training and experience..."

All shootings get investigated. The more training you have, the more YOU can justify your use of force.

Questionable shoots are the worst. I am glad that I have never been involved in any shooting, but that would be the one I would not want to be in at all, as well as the bad shoot. We obviously don't shoot near as much as with some agencies, but it does happen. Then it is really scrutinized.