The-Back Up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The-Back Up

team9x19
09-30-2011, 15:49
I tried searching, but didn't find any posts -- so my apologies if this is indeed a repost..

I have been wanting to make a decent bedside stand for my 870, and being that I lack sufficient time with my other endeavors, I decided to search. After looking at "The-BackUp" it seems like a perfect candidate.
Anyone own one of these and have any reviews?

see: here (http://www.the-backup.com/)

NH Trucker
10-01-2011, 14:56
As long as you don't have any children in your home, I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Aceman
10-01-2011, 15:34
I personally don't want my gun quite THAT close, nor do i feel the need. Not saying it wouldn't be advantageous, but I have to balance that with day to day living. I don't like the idea

Right under the bed is much better, safer, and nearly as convenient.

Hard to argue with "BUMP" Roll off bed grab gun from under and be behind cover/concealment immediately.

I think that's a little better than "BUMP" grab gun and sit up in middle of bed. Not that there isn't a certain speed advantage to that...

MrMurphy
10-01-2011, 16:55
With all the fuzz, lint, skin, and other random crap that comes from being around a bed, I wouldn't use it.

There are wall racks for closets (Mossberg makes one) that are a better idea.

Pistol by the bedside, shotgun three or four steps away is more than enough.

Andrewsky
10-02-2011, 10:11
I sleep with my shotgun on the bed with me.

fallenangelhim
10-02-2011, 10:44
I sleep with a Glock under my pillow.

Sent from my Android

jwhite75
10-02-2011, 10:49
My HD pistol is on the night stand and the shot gun is in the closet at trhe foot of the bed. Good enough. I dont like how the Back-up is set up.

team9x19
10-02-2011, 18:56
My HD pistol sits on the night stand next to me as well. I clean my stuff religiously so I'm not worried about the dust and such from being next to the bed. THe bump and roll is great, but our bed is a little close to the wall on my side, and it's a way-to-big bed to roll off of .. obviously I'd roll off if I had to ;)
I rather go to my shotgun before my pistol, but I'll do the pistol if I need too.