Maverick 88 and accessories... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maverick 88 and accessories...

bunk22
09-30-2011, 20:08
Just ordered one for home defense, the security model with the 18.5" barrel. Any good accessory mods? I'm thinking tactical stock, flashlight, etc.

Yrdawg
10-01-2011, 12:52
I did a few basics, the biggest help though was having the barell threaded for chokes. It tightened my 00 pattern to dependable hits @ 40 yds. The factory modefied didn't even come close to that

It's one of the most dependable and trouble free shotguns I have

* my receiver didn't get beadblasted, so the coating has chipped, gotta re do that *

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=219384&stc=1&d=1317495009

Aceman
10-01-2011, 15:37
IMO, just add a light and you are good to go.

As for the choke/pattern at forty yards, I don't really have a shot over forty feet in my house so i don't care, or I'd use a slug if i had to go long.

Which brings me to accessory #2 - perhaps a cuff for extra ammo.

That's all.

bunk22
10-02-2011, 19:04
Probably a light and pistol grip/stock. Nice shotgun above!

MrMurphy
10-02-2011, 22:32
Add a light, pattern it, use decent ammo, you're done.

WoodenPlank
10-03-2011, 01:29
Add a light, pattern it, use decent ammo, you're done.

This, but I'd consider adding a respectable side-saddle shell carrier.

Yrdawg
10-03-2011, 10:41
Haven't had any problems with side carrier , I use it to shoot feral hawgs ground hunting in the river bottoms near here as well as around the house thats why the red dot and concerns over the 50 yd 00 patterns. I also bought a screw in choke that is rifled to add accuracy to slugs...which it does

I just got started and decided to pimp out a cheap gun and see what happened, turns out it works great and I have no complaints

For the OP, I'm saying go with the Mav and have a good time...the basic gun is sound and affordable...and it eats what you feed it. AND if you upgrade to a 500 later all your stuff will fit, except slide rails are a little different.

MrMurphy
10-03-2011, 12:34
I would agree on the Sidesaddle, but i've never seen one specifically made for Mavericks.

The stick-on Velcro models would work.

irishbum
10-03-2011, 12:51
I would agree on the Sidesaddle, but i've never seen one specifically made for Mavericks.

The stick-on Velcro models would work.

Mossberg 500 sidesaddle will work, everything on the Maverick is about the same as the 500 with the exception on the trigger group/saftey location, and the forend rail on the Maverick is attatched to the action bars, no tube like the 500 to put a new forend on.