Blue Bloods [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bloods

puckhead
09-30-2011, 21:10
What does everyone think of it now that it has been on? I just stumbled across it and dont think it is too bad.

BailRecoveryAgent
10-01-2011, 03:30
I like the show. How bout a couple gratuitous Bridget Moynahan pics?:wow:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/rafaverco/bridget.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/dontchah8pants/BridgetMoynahan.jpg

MeefZah
10-01-2011, 06:32
Don't care for it.

Tried watching it after a suggestion on CT last year, made it through a few episodes before I decided it was trying way too hard and was beating a dead horse with the plot.

Dukeboy01
10-01-2011, 07:03
I like it okay. "The Wire" ruined me for really enjoying cop shows, since everything else after it ends up seeming a bit cartooney. I'll put it this way: "Blue Bloods" doesn't annoy me. The super forensic investigation that borders on magic on CSI is making all of our modern juries' doubts "reasonable." Cop shows that feature a female in the lead role are really stupid with their "girl power overcoming the glass ceiling" crap and tend to be preachy about everything else besides. Shows like "Hawaii 5-O" with the main characters getting into a gun fight every week are basically cartoons, like I said before.

I tried to watch "The Killing" on AMC, but the set- up premise of the first episode was so stupid I never went back. First of all it had a female lead, which just sucks generally, but the idea that the Seattle PD was going to send her out as the lead detective on a high profile murder on her last day before she was to move away so the producers could weave in all the emotional conflict of her choosing the job over her happiness was so stupid it made me angry.

Absent a really well acted, written, and realistic crime drama like "The Wire," I've decided that I prefer anti- heros. My favorite show right now is "Breaking Bad."

GunFighter45ACP
10-01-2011, 07:09
I like it. I don't put it in the same category as say, Southland or The Shield, but so far I've been OK w/it. It does seem to be getting a little predictable, though.

gilfo
10-01-2011, 07:29
Wish I didn't have to go grey, how does Tom Selicke do it. His face ages but his hair is still jet black.

Sam Spade
10-01-2011, 07:44
I'm impressed that they're willing to show a family that's actually a family. Integrity, religious values, eats meals together, a father or three that isn't a buffoon...

That it's about LE, while again lacking ******-baggery traits seemingly required in modern entertainment, is icing on the cake.

Sharkey
10-01-2011, 08:47
Tried a couple shows it seems too contrived. I lost interest.

That said, 2 shows into Prime Suspect on Thurs. nights and gotta say, I'm liking it. DVR it if you get a chance.

Unistat
10-01-2011, 09:44
I like it better after they dropped the stupid "Blue Templars" sub-plot from the first season.

Dexters
10-01-2011, 10:35
What I like about the show are that they use NYC locations and you can try to guess where the scene actually is.
Some of the actors act and look like they can be from NYC, especially the secondary actors.
The center on the family is nice.
I'm guessing they are going after a female audience, so it isn't too hard edge. It is a forgettable show.

One show I can not watch is CSI NY. It is what someone from Iowa, who has never been to NYC, thinks New Yorkers act.

Kahr_Glockman
10-01-2011, 10:38
I saw an episode of "The Chicago Code" and I have to say, I kinda liked it. It was made by Shawn Ryan so that may have something to do with it.

MeefZah
10-01-2011, 12:12
I tried to watch "The Killing" on AMC, but the set- up premise of the first episode was so stupid I never went back. First of all it had a female lead, which just sucks generally, but the idea that the Seattle PD was going to send her out as the lead detective on a high profile murder on her last day before she was to move away so the producers could weave in all the emotional conflict of her choosing the job over her happiness was so stupid it made me angry.

There were a few things that annoyed me about "The Killing", some of which you mentioned. I also really hated the other detective, the former narc guy who just transferred in from county (yeah, whatever). But overall, that was a damn good show.

I saw an episode of "The Chicago Code" and I have to say, I kinda liked it. It was made by Shawn Ryan so that may have something to do with it.

Yerk. Awful. Hated it. I knew that would get cancelled from the first episode. That said, I still watched it...

ArmaGlock
10-01-2011, 13:44
It's better than most in my opinion. But like someone said earlier The Wire set the bar high for cop shows and nothing has come close since.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

BailRecoveryAgent
10-01-2011, 19:54
I like it okay. "The Wire" ruined me for really enjoying cop shows, since everything else after it ends up seeming a bit cartooney. I'll put it this way: "Blue Bloods" doesn't annoy me. The super forensic investigation that borders on magic on CSI is making all of our modern juries' doubts "reasonable." Cop shows that feature a female in the lead role are really stupid with their "girl power overcoming the glass ceiling" crap and tend to be preachy about everything else besides. Shows like "Hawaii 5-O" with the main characters getting into a gun fight every week are basically cartoons, like I said before.

Absent a really well acted, written, and realistic crime drama like "The Wire," I've decided that I prefer anti- heros. My favorite show right now is "Breaking Bad."

I think we may be long lost twins. I loved "The Wire", in fact, DirecTV replayed the entire series over the last year or so on the Audience network and I watched it again just like the first time around.

Wanna see some real suckage, try sitting through an episode of "Rookie Blue" or "Rizzoli and Isles".:puking:Just make sure you remove all firearms from your house, otherwise you'll blow your brains out rather than watch 44 minutes of pure tv cop show fail.

scottydl
10-01-2011, 19:58
I like "Blue Bloods" and am a regular watcher. Much higher quality of actors IMO than many other new police shows these days, that are just made up of no-names who can't pass as real cops (i.e. Hawaii 5-0 and every CSI/NCIS variation).

Agreed with above comments about "The Wire" ... everything else pales in comparison. Wife got me the complete set of "Homicide: Life on the Street" last Christmas and just finished watching it last week... great show that was a predecessor (same producers) as The Wire, many of the same actors. If I could get "Breaking Bad" I'd be watching it, but I don't have any pay TV so I'm constrained to anything on the major networks.

Dukeboy01
10-01-2011, 19:59
I got "The Wire" boxed set for Father's Day a couple of years ago. I work my way through all five seasons at least once a year.

scottydl
10-01-2011, 20:12
I got "The Wire" boxed set for Father's Day a couple of years ago. I work my way through all five seasons at least once a year.

Same here, good buddy of mine has all 5 so I can get them one at a time pretty easily. My wife got hooked on it too. One time (kids were gone for the weekend) we watched 7 episodes in one day, with 5 of them in a row. It is THAT addicting, as anyone knows who has seen it.

Billua
10-01-2011, 20:23
I'm a huge tom Selleck fan, but as stated earlier the storyline are thin and boring...

The Chicago code started the same, but got rolling the last two shows right before they sch1tcanned it.

jwhite75
10-01-2011, 20:25
Blue Bloods isnt gritty but it is decent entertainment.

I prefer Southland.

Prime Suspect is not bad yet.

I was mad when they cancelled Chicago Code.

ryanm
10-01-2011, 20:57
I enjoy Blue Bloods. Much better than the traditional 'CSI' style (which I still watch sometimes also).

I really liked The Chicago Code.

DaBigBR
10-01-2011, 21:19
There sure has been a resurgence of cop shows lately. Hell, even Lifetime is airing a couple of them.

Sam Spade
10-01-2011, 22:14
There sure has been a resurgence of cop shows lately. Hell, even Lifetime is airing a couple of them.

Yeah. It's like in-service training for the general public. How else are the troll posters gonna know how to do our jobs?

rookie1
10-03-2011, 15:40
Wanna see some real suckage, try sitting through an episode of "Rookie Blue" or "Rizzoli and Isles".:puking:Just make sure you remove all firearms from your house, otherwise you'll blow your brains out rather than watch 44 minutes of pure tv cop show fail.

I like rookie blue. Just got done watching season 2 on huluplus. Maybe because Missy Peregrym (Andy McNally) is very attractive. It is also weird because it is based out of canada and I didnt know it until season 2. Some stuff, yes makes you want to shoot something because their officer safety is 100% not there and a officer almost dies in every episode and still dont call it out on the radio. The show seems to be popular somewhere they decided on a 2nd season only 2 episodes into season 1 and also decided on a 3rd season only a few episodes into season 2.