Went shooting for the first time on Saturday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Went shooting for the first time on Saturday

Cynthia
02-24-2003, 20:09
Tyler (The Law) took me shooting at a local shooting range here in Oklahoma City on Saturday...it was my first time to shoot a handgun.

I'd shot rifles and bb guns before, but never a Glock...and let me tell you...I LOVED IT!!

he's got a Glock 22 and boy, did it have a recoil like no other.

We looked at some 26's and 19's...I'm starting a savings account for one as of today :) I'm not sure which one I like best yet.

Any recommendations?

knuckle dragger
02-24-2003, 20:27
my advice to you is try out as many pistols as you can ..until you find one that fits good and you shoot well...try all different manufacturers(although i like glocks) by the time you have the cash all saved you will have a good idea on what you want....p.s. i am no expert but that plan helped me .

Kilroy
02-24-2003, 21:48
Find an NRA Basic Course. Will be a great investment. Take it by yourself, no significant others needed. Maybe find a friend to go with. Learn to handle a variety.

Good luck and have fun...

pizzaaguy
02-25-2003, 07:13
Congrats and welcome!;f

As previously mentioned, try as many makes, models and calibers
of handguns as you can!

Shoot early and shoot often, it's alot of fun!

ExxoticOne
02-25-2003, 09:48
Hello. Congrats on firing your first handgun/Glock! My first gun was a 26...I loved it...until I tried the 36 slimline in a .45...if you like a little more "punch" in a more streamlined package you may want to check it out.:)

Definetely consider enrolling in an NRA/handgun safety course.