Two LAPD Officers Shot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Two LAPD Officers Shot

TScottW99
10-02-2011, 00:37
"Two undercover police officers shot, wounded in Koreatown"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/two-undercover-police-officers-shot-wounded-in-koreatown.html

m2hmghb
10-02-2011, 00:44
Prayers sent for a full recovery

Newcop761
10-02-2011, 02:46
Prayers sent.

Patchman
10-02-2011, 06:47
Kick ass and take names, LAPD.

One was shot in the face and the other had a bullet graze his head? Looks like the BGs were going for head shots. Prayers for the 2 UC's full and quick recovery.

Ajon412
10-02-2011, 08:26
Prayers sent

steveksux
10-02-2011, 08:43
Hoping for full and speedy recovery, and retribution...

Lawman, be careful out there...

Randy

CJStudent
10-02-2011, 08:52
Prayers en route.

Deployment Solu
10-02-2011, 09:40
Prayers to those involved for a speedy recovery.

merlynusn
10-02-2011, 10:07
prayers

RVER
10-02-2011, 14:03
Looks like the BGs were going for head shots. Prayers for the 2 UC's full and quick recovery.

It sure does.

Trigger Finger
10-02-2011, 16:17
Quick recovery. Sometimes you have to ask, when working undercover, if it's worth intervening when two dirt bag gangs are trying to kill each other and the only hits appeared to be to the officers. And I say this from years of working undercover!! But in this case it appears there was no choice.

Sometimes it's better to remain a witness keeping the shooters in sight then go in when your numbers and resources are greater. Nothing is really worth two officers being shot IMO!!!

Now it's time for a major response !!! :steamed:

Hack
10-02-2011, 16:21
Quick recovery. Sometimes you have to ask, when working undercover, if it's worth intervening when two dirt bag gangs are trying to kill each other and the only hits appeared to be to the officers. And I say this from years of working undercover!! But in this case it appears there was no choice.

Sometimes it's better to remain a witness keeping the shooters in sight then go in when your numbers and resources are greater. Nothing is really worth two officers being shot IMO!!!

Now it's time for a major response !!! :steamed:
Quoted for the truth! I don't do much myself, except for off duty carry of course. Unless there is innocent life in danger, no choice about it, I won't go it alone. As I have learned: if you think you need to help be sure to have the resources to help.

lawman800
10-03-2011, 00:02
Hoping for full and speedy recovery, and retribution...

Lawman, be careful out there...

Randy

Thanks for the concern. Fast recovery for both those guys for sure.

I don't work anywhere near there... But I do spend quite a bit of time there with friends... as a matter of fact, I know exactly where that went down.

Best wishes to keep SAR and my buddy that works with him safe. Not the same division but no less wild.

Like Trigger says, two gangsters going at it, be a good wit. Especially when you are not in uniform with immediate radio support, armor, and a shotgun.

OfficerChris
10-03-2011, 10:23
Thanks for the concern. Fast recovery for both those guys for sure.

I don't work anywhere near there... But I do spend quite a bit of time there with friends... as a matter of fact, I know exactly where that went down.

Best wishes to keep SAR and my buddy that works with him safe. Not the same division but no less wild.

Like Trigger says, two gangsters going at it, be a good wit. Especially when you are not in uniform with immediate radio support, armor, and a shotgun.

good to read from you, I thought it might have been .. you know who.

And prayers to the officers and their families.

lawman800
10-03-2011, 11:11
No. I talked to him. He's okay.

Patchman
10-03-2011, 15:53

Yeah, I wondered about this too, but figured either the reported said UC when they were really plain cloths patrol, or LAPD SOP is different.

But if the situation was such that those two had no choice, then they had no choice.

lawman800
10-03-2011, 16:19
Got more info from my buddy. Appears the UC's rolled into an in progress and got hit. Weapon was a shotgun. No further details but they got two perps in custody.

scottydl
10-03-2011, 18:43
Keep us updated...

4949shooter
10-03-2011, 19:49
Prayers sent..

lawman800
10-03-2011, 20:16
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/lapd-on-tactical-alert-after-2-officers-shot-in-face.html

Here, news update which is the same as what my friend told me this morning.

This made some local rounds as well. I got called by people I know in that area telling me they heard gunshots around that time and they worry about me. I tell them no worries, my biggest threat comes from an undercooked shrimp or old donut.

Hack
10-03-2011, 20:18
Good that the officers are at least stable. Thanks for the update.

lawman800
10-03-2011, 20:27
One with the grazing wound will be fine.

The other one might have some lingering problems due to the location of the injury... NFD.

steveksux
10-03-2011, 20:34
Thanks for the concern.No problem, I own stock in hair gel and Tshirts that are two sizes too small... :whistling:

Randy

lawman800
10-03-2011, 21:35
No problem, I own stock in hair gel and Tshirts that are two sizes too small... :whistling:

Randy

I cut back on hair gel... I only use two full scoops instead of three. But that is due to my recent marine corps haircut. When I used the regular amount, it got all clumped up so I had to cut it back a bit.:crying:

As for t-shirts, you have to remember that I actually wear my true size but my huge bulging biceps and overall immense musculature does not hide well under normal civilian clothing.:whistling: