Bore light needs help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bore light needs help

PhotoFeller
10-02-2011, 18:39
My bore light hasn't been used for a long while, and today it won't work at all. I'm guessing the battery has died and corroded because the battery compartment cap won't turn, even with help of a pliers.

What's the best product to put around the cap threads to dissolve the corrosion?

barstoolguru
10-02-2011, 19:21
once that happens its gone. just curl a white piece of paper in a U shape and lock the slide back and insert it so it angles to the barrel and you will be able to see in the barrel

EOD3
10-02-2011, 21:33
"IF" you can get it open and "IF" you can get the existing battery out and "IF" you can get the corrosion out and "IF" the corrosion hasn't eaten the connectors and/or the switch...

Give the light a proper burial and buy another one.

Cheap advice: Check/change the batteries in all of your battery operated devices every time you change the batteries in your smoke-detector. YOU DO change the batteries in your smoke-detectors every year about this time of year, before Halloween and Christmas, right?

PhotoFeller
10-03-2011, 08:02
"IF" you can get it open and "IF" you can get the existing battery out and "IF" you can get the corrosion out and "IF" the corrosion hasn't eaten the connectors and/or the switch...

Give the light a proper burial and buy another one.

Cheap advice: Check/change the batteries in all of your battery operated devices every time you change the batteries in your smoke-detector. YOU DO change the batteries in your smoke-detectors every year about this time of year, before Halloween and Christmas, right?

Good advice. However, my smoke detectors are hard wired. This doesn't happen to me often because I tend to check batteries fairly frequently.

This light is less than a year old. I used the battery that came with it, so that is probably the cause of my corrosion. I may try to exchange for another one given the few months my light has been in service.

EOD3
10-03-2011, 22:06
Good advice. However, my smoke detectors are hard wired. This doesn't happen to me often because I tend to check batteries fairly frequently.

This light is less than a year old. I used the battery that came with it, so that is probably the cause of my corrosion. I may try to exchange for another one given the few months my light has been in service.

The batteries I've had the least problems with are Duracell but finding the small-cell batteries in anything other than "bunny poop" can be difficult.