BDU Shirt with Removable Sleeves???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BDU Shirt with Removable Sleeves????

Philly K-9
10-04-2011, 17:16
My department allows us (K9, SWAT, Homeland Security etc.,) to wear black BDU's on patrol. Because they fade I buy them in a set, pants & shirt together, rather than buy/wear the same pairs of pants with both short and long sleeve shirts.

I was wondering if anyone makes BDU's or a "Tactical Dress Shirt" (Propper & Tru-Spec) with sleeves that are removable for both summer and winter?

Any ideas? I did a Google search but got nothing. :dunno:

Thanks!!!! :wavey:

DaBigBR
10-04-2011, 22:09
My best guess would be something from Bratwear, but that would be pretty spendy. On the upside, it most likely wouldn't fade.

Cochese
10-06-2011, 00:23
Bratwear.com

steveksux
10-06-2011, 23:15
Where do the stripper cops get their breakaway uniforms? Removeable sleeves ought to be a piece of cake for them... :whistling::tongueout:

Randy

ray9898
10-07-2011, 10:18
I always paired my new stuff together and labeled them with a laundry marker. I had summer sets and winter sets that never separated throughout their life.

collim1
10-07-2011, 10:46
Try the Woolite dark laundry detergent and wash in cold water. My uniforms haven't faded at all in three years using it.

Philly K-9
10-07-2011, 13:04
I've tried Whoolite and cold wash and I label my uniforms and keep the same shirt and pants together. I also dry clean them about 75% of the time. They fade. That's just a fact of life with that 65% / 35% fabric.

I was looking for removable sleeves so I can save a little cash by only buying one shirt for both seasons.

bccop
10-07-2011, 13:25
What about just buying long sleeve shirts and rolling up the sleeves?

I wear BDUs for crowd control shifts and wear long sleeve shirts (even in the summer). The day we had our riot I had the sleeves rolled up but once things kicked off the sleeves came down and provided a little extra protection to the arms.