You know those Wall St protests... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You know those Wall St protests...

CAcop
10-04-2011, 18:38
They are exciting our unwashed hippies into trying to start something here. Right now I am on the big clock until fujrther notice. I have their twitter feed set up on my phone. I might be able to catch up on paper while I wait. Rain is predicted tonight so that might scare the hair farms away.

CAcop
10-04-2011, 20:01
Well that wasfaster that expected. I guess hippies really don't like rain. At least I got some follow up I've been meaning to do for the last week.

Dukeboy01
10-04-2011, 20:13
OT's good though, right?

PawDog
10-04-2011, 20:20
Well that wasfaster that expected. I guess hippies really don't like rain. At least I got some follow up I've been meaning to do for the last week.

Give it a day or so.......It's headed your way if you're in a larger, progressive city. All by design and as planned by the regime.

Von Hayes
10-04-2011, 20:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5yJoeFLiQ

Hack
10-04-2011, 22:04
Good it went well there. Nothing in our area yet, but since there is a federal reserve and what have you here, something will pop up.

ateamer
10-04-2011, 23:07
According to the news, they dispersed and will reconvene Thursday morning. It's going to rain tomorrow, but Thursday is forecast to be dry. I guess if you're going to fight the man, right all wrongs and subvert the dominant paradigm you can't get wet doing it. Wonder what their heroes like Lenin, Stalin and Ho Chi Minh would have done with revolutionaries who only fight when it's sunny.

blueiron
10-05-2011, 00:28
Lenin was an upper middle class attorney and nothing more, until he was exiled. He then sat around in coffee houses in London, Munich, Bern, Zurich, and Geneva after waking up in the early afternoon and postulated about Revolution. He then went to parties and excoriated others on the Revolution. After returning from exile, his Revolutionary Vanguard did some of the work, farming out the rest to the 'useful idiots' as he referred to them. The most he did was write books and newspaper articles urging others to sacrifice. Stalin was little more than a hanger-on to Lenin's coat-tails.

Uncle Ho did a little more, but he was too valuable as a face to the movement to risk losing him.

The idea of any of them doing hard manual labor as peasant revolutionaries is an outright lie.

They all fancy themselves as part of the Revolutionary Intelligensia.

CAcop
10-05-2011, 07:25
According to the news, they dispersed and will reconvene Thursday morning. It's going to rain tomorrow, but Thursday is forecast to be dry. I guess if you're going to fight the man, right all wrongs and subvert the dominant paradigm you can't get wet doing it. Wonder what their heroes like Lenin, Stalin and Ho Chi Minh would have done with revolutionaries who only fight when it's sunny.

So in other words I need to be drunk as a sunk on my days off so I can't come in.

wprebeck
10-05-2011, 08:03
I got an email yesterday that we (our department's special response team) is on standby, and that LMPD SRT is aalready activated. Seems the unwashed feel it necessary to bring the crap here.

We're on alert because the park where the protesting is planned at, is about 25 yards from the ffront door of the jail. Yay.

p.d.
10-05-2011, 08:42
I got an email yesterday that we (our department's special response team) is on standby, and that LMPD SRT is aalready activated. Seems the unwashed feel it necessary to bring the crap here.

We're on alert because the park where the protesting is planned at, is about 25 yards from the ffront door of the jail. Yay.

Darned considerate of them, I'd say. Won't even need a bus. :supergrin:

CAcop
10-05-2011, 08:52
Darned considerate of them, I'd say. Won't even need a bus. :supergrin:

They planned in a short commute to reduce their carbon footprint.

p.d.
10-05-2011, 09:15

Hey, if you're going to talk the talk, you better walk the walk. :rofl:

Kahr_Glockman
10-05-2011, 09:30
Wood shampoos all the way around!

The-Fly
10-05-2011, 10:14
http://www.btfh.net/posting/mace.jpg

buddah
10-05-2011, 10:14
They should bring back attack dogs and water cannons like the old days. These hippies hate corporate greed, love to be tree huggers, etc.etc. but they gladly own I-pads, I-phones. Wear Nike sneakers and J.Crew sweaters all made overseas by illegal child labor. This is what happens to kids who get too much education.

TheJ
10-05-2011, 10:23
I hope this hippie BS doesn't cause you all too much grief.

:rofl::rofl:

Bruce M
10-05-2011, 10:52

Rain is made mostly of water which is part of the combination of "soap and water" which they pretty much universally despise. If one of the predominant components of rain happened to be "patchouli" your results may be very different...

Dukeboy01
10-05-2011, 12:02

I counted one (1) solitary, lonely hippie guarding about a dozen signs, three air mattrasses, and a couple of backpacks on the corner of E. Main and Esplanade, which is ground zero for Occupy Lexington, this morning around 0800 on my way in to work. I guess the others went for egg McMuffins or something.

Speaking of which, have you all seen their Tumblr site?

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Page after page of hard luck losers. I am sorely tempted to contribute:

"36 year-old survivor of the Battle of Ablaj Khawr. No health insurance. Denied my pension despite heroic service to my country. Trying to make it as a small business owner running my own delivery service. Want to work, but need parts for for my delivery vehicle, which I can't afford because I don't have any jobs which I can't take because my vehicle doesn't work because I need parts for it which I can't afford.

Corporations in league with the government have conspired to limit my ability to earn a living. Trying to provide employment for 6 employees and their dependents. One of my employees has a sister who desperately needs access to mental health services, which she is denied because, again, I can't provide health insurance.

I am the 99%"

(Hint: Ablaj Khawr is Arabic for "Serenity Valley.")

Or perhaps this one:

"Unemployed 35 year-old war veteran (twice decorated) and son of civil service employee, who had it better than I ever did. Mother died of breast cancer without health insurance. Recently released from jail after being arrested on trumped up charges during a bar fight some other people started. Tried to enroll in Art college, but was rejected, so at least I don't have any student loan debt. Have lived in homeless shelters in the past, but currently hanging onto a rent controlled apartment that I can barely afford on my pitiful service pension.

Denied employment due to my criminal record, which I have paid for and should not be held against me. Am currently trying to make it by selling copies of my autobiography. It details my struggles in life, and you can find it on Amazon. Every little bit helps.

I want a government that cares more about helping regular people by providing full employment and jobs for everyone who is able to work. The corporations should not be free- loaders and neither should anybody else. The government should make it its primary duty to provide a livelihood for its citizens and abolish all incomes unearned by work like the way the fatcats on Wall Street steal from the 99%. The government should confiscate all war profits from Halliburton and other corporations in the military- industrial complex. The government should require more profit-sharing in large enterprises. We also need more Social Security and medicare for the old people.

I am the 99%!"

Heh. Heh.

ateamer
10-05-2011, 12:50
So in other words I need to be drunk as a sunk on my days off so I can't come in.
Keep a bottle right next to the phone...

DaBigBR
10-05-2011, 13:15
I guess what I take away from the Tumblr site, whatever the hell "Tumblr" is, is that most of these folks seem pissed that their advanced education doesn't guarantee them an advanced salary. There seemed to be some people in genuinely bad places there, but if you got to a bad place by spending six, eight, ten, or however many years chasing an advanced degree and the overwhelming source of your problems are not being able to pay for said degree, I guess I don't know what to tell you.

wprebeck
10-05-2011, 14:25
I counted one (1) solitary, lonely hippie guarding about a dozen signs, three air mattrasses, and a couple of backpacks on the corner of E. Main and Esplanade, which is ground zero for Occupy Lexington, this morning around 0800 on my way in to work. I guess the others went for egg McMuffins or something.

Speaking of which, have you all seen their Tumblr site?

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Page after page of hard luck losers. I am sorely tempted to contribute:

"36 year-old survivor of the Battle of Ablaj Khawr. No health insurance. Denied my pension despite heroic service to my country. Trying to make it as a small business owner running my own delivery service. Want to work, but need parts for for my delivery vehicle, which I can't afford because I don't have any jobs which I can't take because my vehicle doesn't work because I need parts for it which I can't afford.

Corporations in league with the government have conspired to limit my ability to earn a living. Trying to provide employment for 6 employees and their dependents. One of my employees has a sister who desperately needs access to mental health services, which she is denied because, again, I can't provide health insurance.

I am the 99%"

(Hint: Ablaj Khawr is Arabic for "Serenity Valley.")

Or perhaps this one:

"Unemployed 35 year-old war veteran (twice decorated) and son of civil service employee, who had it better than I ever did. Mother died of breast cancer without health insurance. Recently released from jail after being arrested on trumped up charges during a bar fight some other people started. Tried to enroll in Art college, but was rejected, so at least I don't have any student loan debt. Have lived in homeless shelters in the past, but currently hanging onto a rent controlled apartment that I can barely afford on my pitiful service pension.

Denied employment due to my criminal record, which I have paid for and should not be held against me. Am currently trying to make it by selling copies of my autobiography. It details my struggles in life, and you can find it on Amazon. Every little bit helps.

I want a government that cares more about helping regular people by providing full employment and jobs for everyone who is able to work. The corporations should not be free- loaders and neither should anybody else. The government should make it its primary duty to provide a livelihood for its citizens and abolish all incomes unearned by work like the way the fatcats on Wall Street steal from the 99%. The government should confiscate all war profits from Halliburton and other corporations in the military- industrial complex. The government should require more profit-sharing in large enterprises. We also need more Social Security and medicare for the old people.

I am the 99%!"

Heh. Heh.

I get the first one, caught the second half of the flick last night, matter of fact. Don't get the second one, though.

On a side note, the hippies are protesting elsewhere. Still walking distance to the jail, but a few blocks away.

Dukeboy01
10-05-2011, 17:40
Go to Amazon and search for "My Struggle" in Books.

Cav
10-05-2011, 18:29
I hear some Marines are going to protest, and they could care less about rain...

Morris
10-05-2011, 18:33
Seattle PD just hooked up 30 of 'em for refusing to break up their campsites in a park in the middle of downtown. The usual stuff. Capitol hill and U District urchins and so on.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/131159153.html

Cav
10-05-2011, 20:08
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/01/semper-fi-marines-coming-to-protect-protesters-on-wall-street/

Morris
10-06-2011, 07:21
There were a couple of protestors in the Seattle thing that claimed to be Marines, vets of the current wars. Big mouths for the cameras.

I dunno. Could be but it doesn't matter when the flexicuffs are on.

CAcop
10-06-2011, 09:43
Today they are going to start camping out in front of ateamer's office. They are doing it there because we would just paper them with camping tickets (Can't sleep or camp in the city, county property in the city it's up in the air. It caused a rift between our management and his last time this happened.) It's probably going to be mello until LE decides to do something.

ateamer
10-06-2011, 12:29
Today they are going to start camping out in front of ateamer's office. They are doing it there because we would just paper them with camping tickets (Can't sleep or camp in the city, county property in the city it's up in the air. It caused a rift between our management and his last time this happened.) It's probably going to be mello until LE decides to do something.
Man, I hate it when right as I read GT, it starts to feel like I have a fever and a stuffy nose. :whistling:

NoGlamour229
10-06-2011, 14:14
http://www.btfh.net/posting/mace.jpg

Absolutely hilarious! If I was upset about not having a job, I think the first place I would go is some park. I would then sit in that said park for hours upon hours, days upon days, and just complain about not having a job. I would do this all in hopes that someone would pull up to said park, and offer me a job. I would also hope that those rich folk decide that being rich isn't so great and hopefully start re-distributing their wealth!!

DaBigBR
10-06-2011, 15:45
I get the first one, caught the second half of the flick last night, matter of fact. Don't get the second one, though.

On a side note, the hippies are protesting elsewhere. Still walking distance to the jail, but a few blocks away.

"My Struggle" was the key. Essentially Adolph Hitler's life story.

fla2760
10-06-2011, 17:35
They are in Tampa now.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/october/325079/Protestors-take-part-in-Occupy-Tampa

fla2760
10-06-2011, 17:40
Absolutely hilarious! If I was upset about not having a job, I think the first place I would go is some park. I would then sit in that said park for hours upon hours, days upon days, and just complain about not having a job. I would do this all in hopes that someone would pull up to said park, and offer me a job. I would also hope that those rich folk decide that being rich isn't so great and hopefully start re-distributing their wealth!!

LOL, I agree. The military is always looking for people. I wonder what would happen if an innovative recruiter showed up at the park with phamplets . :whistling:

bccop
10-06-2011, 17:58
Sounds like there are a few "occupations" planned in some of the major cities in Canada on Oct 15 to show their support.

I just happen to have the day off and wouldn't be suprised if I'm called in.

SAR
10-06-2011, 20:02
We have "Occupy LA" here downtown, but as large as Los Angeles is, it has not affected us much. We did have to send three day watch officers to Central Area yesterday, today and tomorrow, but that's not a big hit.

They are coming into our area next week, so I spent most of the day working up an operational plan. We're ready to commit massive resources if required. Not sure what posture we're going to take yet. Although we are prepared for mass arrests, that's exactly what the protesters want. Media exposure and public sympathy.

Man how I wish it would snow in Los Angeles.

CAcop
10-07-2011, 09:29
Looks like today they are moving from ateamer's house to a park in the city. Our chief is away on vacation in Europe so it is safe to say no decisions will be made until next week at the earliest.

p.d.
10-07-2011, 11:26
European vacation? Is your chief Chevy Chase? :supergrin:

Shadyscott69
10-07-2011, 12:26
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/Downwithevil.jpg

p.d.
10-07-2011, 12:41
Ned Ludd would be proud! :supergrin:

TheJ
10-07-2011, 12:50
[IMG]
That is funny.
:rofl:

rookie1
10-07-2011, 12:54
We will have a group of about 100 (the news says) in my city that will be staying in a park after 11pm and ignoring the city ordinance and protesting. Were thousands of miles away from wall st and if staying in a park is your rebellious way of expressing your displeasure then, you are one bad ass.

Morris
10-07-2011, 15:18
Shady:

They are a clueless bunch, aren't they?

Shadyscott69
10-07-2011, 16:26
Shady:

They are a clueless bunch, aren't they?

They sure are.

He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool-shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple-teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep-wake him.
He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise-follow him.

DaBigBR
10-07-2011, 16:45
We will have a group of about 100 (the news says) in my city that will be staying in a park after 11pm and ignoring the city ordinance and protesting. Were thousands of miles away from wall st and if staying in a park is your rebellious way of expressing your displeasure then, you are one bad ass.

And your PIO pretty much told the media "we don't really give a **** if they're in the park after hours." I love it.

A6Gator
10-08-2011, 18:06
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/have-you-seen-the-photo-of-the-wall-street-protester-defecating-on-a-cop-car/

I think this ******nozzle is a candidate for some NYPD "tune up" practice...:rofl:

larry_minn
10-08-2011, 21:35
Didn't anyone order any "fire extinguisher" size tear gas?
Inform them early when they have to leave. When time is close anounce it again, Give final notice when "time"
Ten minutes later check wind direction.......

CAcop
10-09-2011, 15:50
They are back out at ateamer's house again after we ignored them. I think today they will be debating going home.

Nick.45
10-10-2011, 00:14
Can't post the link since I'm on my phone, but the local media is reporting that about a four hundred protesters were at the capital and were told by ISP they needed to leave due to the grounds closing at 2300. About a hundred of them said they wouldn't be leaving.

They just brought in about 40 hippies in to us. Luckily I had gotten off and was working out with a buddy when we were advised by another officer working midnights that we had better leave before the LT found out we were still in the building and mandatory us.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

clancy
10-10-2011, 05:42
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/have-you-seen-the-photo-of-the-wall-street-protester-defecating-on-a-cop-car/

I think this ******nozzle is a candidate for some NYPD "tune up" practice...:rofl:

Spend some time on Manhattan. I have seen several homeless people take craps on cars, though I have to admit it is the first time I have seen someone do it on a cop car. How he didn't get his ass kicked is beyond me.

bccop
10-14-2011, 18:05
I'm scheduled for an 11 hour OT shift tomorrow and they have pulled me off of nightshift on Sunday to work the protest during the day.