Ever Handle a Call Like this one? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever Handle a Call Like this one?

PawDog
10-05-2011, 10:03
"The Hunt County 911 dispatcher recently received a call of a naked woman walking on Comanche Drive."

http://vanzandtnewspapers.com/news/140/ARTICLE/10923/2011-09-23.html

Typical odd events from my local area...........Meth does strange things to folks.:rofl:

DaBigBR
10-05-2011, 10:30
Naked people: yep, but none that crazy.

Last one was a naked guy pounding on an apartment door...except it wasn't dispatched as a naked guy. Turns out he had gone home with the occupant of the apartment after meeting him at a bar, had tried to force himself on the resident, to include manually strangling him, and then for some reason, passed out. Resident called his neighbors, who dragged the passed out turd in to the hall, naked. Turd wakes up and breaks the door open, but it is being held back by the people inside when I arrive. Take the turd in to custody.

When all is said and done he (turd) goes to jail for public intoxication only as the tenant does not want to prosecute for the burglary or assault with intent to commit sexual abuse.

nitesite10mm
10-05-2011, 10:53
DBBR

Nice late-night call you had right there. A litany of interweaved stories begging to be later recounted in their entirety to the wife unit (or at least all of your patrol partners and neighboring units) no doubt.

:)

Bruce M
10-05-2011, 11:10
Remember that crazy acting people can become just about instantly deadly felons and often were before our first encounter with them.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/2005-police-officer-richard-allen-boles
http://www.odmp.org/officer/12930-police-officer-david-henry-strzalkowski

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/29/us/2-miami-policemen-slain-in-struggle.html

DaBigBR
10-05-2011, 12:07
DBBR

Nice late-night call you had right there. A litany of interweaved stories begging to be later recounted in their entirety to the wife unit (or at least all of your patrol partners and neighboring units) no doubt.

:)

My first guess was that I was going to end up fighting with him. Disrobing + yelling + violent, erratic behavior = E.D. Fortunately, he was just drunk and horny.

BamaTrooper
10-05-2011, 14:11
My first guess was that I was going to end up fighting with him. Disrobing + yelling + violent, erratic behavior = E.D. Fortunately, he was just drunk and horny.

So did you get him another drink or :whistling::aodnsb:

fastbolt
10-05-2011, 14:15
I was the passenger in a 2-man unit slowly driving along a dark street during a night shift one time, checking the area after receiving a report of a woman heard calling out for help somewhere along the street. You know, creeping along with the windows down looking & listening.

Suddenly, this naked blond woman rushes out of some bushes at the front of a yard next to the sidewalk and leaps onto the hood of our car, spread-eagle like some giant starfish, looking at us through the windshield. My partner stopped the car and we reported that we might have found her, or her us, at any rate. :whistling:

You lose track of the numerous calls and incidents involving naked people over the years, but that one sort of sticks out in my mind.

wjv
10-05-2011, 14:20
Not a Cop but I remember hearing these two calls ~20 years ago in Boulder County (Colorado)

Dispatch: Report of large intoxicated male walking down XYZ street, punching out car windows. . Is there a unit available?

Crickets. . . .

Dispatch: 811 are you available?
811: Sorry, I'm still out on this other call doing bla bla bla.

Dispatch: 823 are you available?
823: Another lame excuse

and so on. .

She eventually found someone to handle the call.

5 Minutes Later

Dispatch: Report of two naked teen having sex in the back yard pool at 123 ABC street

833: I'll take it!
845: I'll back him up
817: I'll take a run past there

Dispatch: Where the hell were all you guys 5 minutes ago?

wjv
10-05-2011, 14:22
Suddenly, this naked blond woman rushes out of some bushes at the front of a yard next to the sidewalk and leaps onto the hood of our car, spread-eagle like some giant starfish, looking at us through the windshield.

Was she a Hooker named TJ?

fastbolt
10-05-2011, 15:21
Was she a Hooker named TJ?

Yes to the first, no to the second ...

ray9898
10-05-2011, 16:16
A few...they all involved drugs. Normally a naked person call is a sign of bad things to come.

Sharky7
10-05-2011, 16:45
When they are naked, it's rarely ever good naked. It's always slimy, sweaty, bloody, STD-infested, waste of my taxes going to support this mope naked.

Although, I always enjoy a good prank on the new boots. I take them to the hotel conventions on "theme" nights. Lots of 300lb+ almost naked women gyrating on skinny men is a sight to be seen. They get real excited to see the new police officers - their eyes light up like it's feeding time. Nom nom nom.

collim1
10-05-2011, 17:01
I once responded to a a call of a naked man running through an apartment parking lot covered in feces. Turns out he stored his own feces for a week beforehand. I let my rookie handle that one!

mental patient off his meds.

Morris
10-05-2011, 17:06
Naked and shimmying up a pole?

Oh lordy, the things I could do with that statement . . . :rofl:

S. Kelly
10-05-2011, 18:28
One July a few years back, I had 3 naked women on 3 different calls. All were blonde and great looking. One was absolutely crazy, one had just been shot (in a very private area) and one had attempted suicide. The last one was smoking hot. I had to restrain her while a female police officer helped dress her. The female cop, mother of twins, said to me after "I'm not into women, but that girl was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen". I had to agree.
It unhinged me enough to call in sick the last 2 days of July, figured the month was a wash and no good would come from going into work.

bccop
10-05-2011, 21:49
You're going to see a lot of naked people on this job. Just no one that you would actually want to see naked.

freeride88
10-05-2011, 23:14
My district had TWO naked people calls just tonight. Weird.

Pepper45
10-06-2011, 00:52
You know, for the nastiest, tweaked out piece of human detritus walking around naked, I'll get 19 cars headed my way, from all over the county. Why? Everyone knows there is no "good naked" in law enforcement. I hear a call like that, I'm not going there unless dispatched or the guys on the call really need help.

GackMan
10-06-2011, 01:01
Naked starts a call just like "off their medication..." does.

trifecta
10-06-2011, 23:21
We had a naked guy run from us, go over a fence and climb a radio tower. Stayed up there for several hours. It was strange when it got dark. From a distance, all you could see was black sky with a naked guy in the spotlight.

Oh ya, and it was cold out.

Sam Spade
10-07-2011, 10:03
Off-duty, I once called in a naked woman running in the street.

I was a bit stunned that dispatch (A) asked for a description and (B) got hurt feelings when I suggested that she wouldn't be that hard to find, what with the swerving cars and nudity.

Rinspeed
10-07-2011, 12:11
:needspics:

TKOFaith
10-07-2011, 14:02
:needspics:

:rofl:I'm just sayin'.... :rofl:

ar-steve
10-07-2011, 14:03
My supervisor responded to a cold civil. As he was talking to the female half on the front porch, a 400 lbs naked man walked toward him from inside the house. This naked man then produced a Springfield 1911 out of nowhere, and pointed it at my supervisors chest, an clicked off the safety. Supervisor is squared away, and was able to use the heavy screen door to slam on the guys hand (breaking his aim) and peel off around the side of the house. Short stand off followed by the bad guy surrendering.

Bad guy was a convicted felon with a hand gun, he tried to kill my supervisor. He received 7 months in prison.

Sam Spade
10-07-2011, 15:45
My supervisor responded to a cold civil. As he was talking to the female half on the front porch, a 400 lbs naked man walked toward him from inside the house. This naked man then produced a Springfield 1911 out of nowhere, and pointed it at my supervisors chest, an clicked off the safety. Supervisor is squared away, and was able to use the heavy screen door to slam on the guys hand (breaking his aim) and peel off around the side of the house. Short stand off followed by the bad guy surrendering.

Bad guy was a convicted felon with a hand gun, he tried to kill my supervisor. He received 7 months in prison.

Only one part of your story I don't believe. Personally, I just think your boss was in denial...:tongueout:

ar-steve
10-07-2011, 17:21
Your right! it had to come from "SOMEWHERE":animlol:

Hollywood D
10-07-2011, 17:59
Cops in my city are always taking me home because I'm walking around naked. Whateve, it happens.