DEA, 1911's and The M&P [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DEA, 1911's and The M&P

Glocknload 19
10-05-2011, 15:57
Mas,
I'm going to get the most bang for my buck with a few questions if you don't mind. Is it true that the DEA has authorized field agents to carry cocked and locked 1911's. Seems like a tough gun to transition to from the glocks with such a large department and limited training time. Second I do believe they have adopted the S&W M&P's for carry. I know you carry an M&P revolver for back up but what are your thoughts on the M&P9c, as my agency has given us the choice to transition to these from the Glocks. Are they really taking a lot of contracts from Glock. Feels much better in my hand personally. I shoot it better. Last, will they take qualifications with our Winchester Ranger 127 +p+ or is it better to stick with our second choice the GD 124+p for the Smith. Sorry about all the questions at once. Thanks.

Mas Ayoob
10-05-2011, 21:45
I've heard that the 1911 has been approved by DEA, but haven't confirmed that with the agency.

The M&P is indeed being widely adopted. I would expect it to thrive on 127 +P+ OR 124 grain +P. The M&P 9C is a VERY cool little gun.

best,
Mas