Bike Patrol Shirts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bike Patrol Shirts

ArsonCop
10-05-2011, 20:55
I am in the process of starting our police bike patrol unit back up and was wanting to get ideas of what uniform vendors others are using along with any websites if possible.

Thanks and stay safe all..

Aaron131
10-05-2011, 21:09
Mocean shirts and pants are what we use. Good stuff and decent price. Check out Galls.com

Cochese
10-06-2011, 00:20
Bratwear...

Duh!

:supergrin:

www.bratwear.com

DaBigBR
10-06-2011, 15:36
We use Mocean. The "Metro" polo in black/yellow. Its use predates my time on the department. I think they're alright.

TScottW99
10-06-2011, 17:10
For pants, shorts and jackets we have always used Olympic, great products... http://jmarcelenterpris.qwestoffice.net/

For shirts we have been using the 5.11 Performance polo for a couple years now. I like it them, wicks moisture, has a clip pocket on the shoulder for a mic, pen pocket on sleeve.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Polos/Performance-Polo-Short-Sleeve-Synthetic-Knit.html

ArsonCop
10-11-2011, 20:53
Bratwear...

Duh!

:supergrin:

www.bratwear.com

Dude...you forget, I work for the step-child dept unlike the one you worked at that has ALL the money to buy whatever they want...but hey, we got TASER's and they still don't :tongueout:

ArsonCop
10-11-2011, 20:57
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses..they will help me out..

Stay safe all..

Metro566
10-11-2011, 21:36
I use Mocean shorts and "metro" pique polo, yellow over black. Stuff is top notch and not too expensive.

Cochese
10-11-2011, 21:45
Dude...you forget, I work for the step-child dept unlike the one you worked at that has ALL the money to buy whatever they want...but hey, we got TASER's and they still don't :tongueout:

:rofl:

Hope all is well loot!

Cochese
10-11-2011, 21:45
Oh, and them folks would be happy to know I've TASED three people so far. :supergrin:

ArsonCop
10-11-2011, 21:50
Oh, and them folks would be happy to know I've TASED three people so far. :supergrin:

From what I hear about up there...they would have a cow if they knew how many we have TASED since we got ours years ago. Our last one was Sunday night.

ArsonCop
10-11-2011, 21:57
I use Mocean shorts and "metro" pique polo, yellow over black. Stuff is top notch and not too expensive.

Thanks, I noticed Mocean on a couple of sites and wondered about their quality as do not know anyone that used them personally.

Our previous bike officer used the Black Blauer class A bike shirt which I acquired after he left since he only wore it once or twice and it is just too thick and bulky.

We are looking at the yellow/black for daytime patrol and blue/black for night due to the stealth.

Metro566
10-11-2011, 22:17
If you have the chance to take the IPMBA course, do it. They teach in that class yellow vs blue...it really won't matter for stealth.

The only reason we wear yellow is because the top dog didn't want us looking like police, since blue isn't traditionally a sheriff color.

I've snuck up on people wearing yellow and have yet to be spotted. An IPMBA instructor can show you all the tricks to beat the thugs. Have fun on it!

Cochese
10-12-2011, 17:53
Thanks, I noticed Mocean on a couple of sites and wondered about their quality as do not know anyone that used them personally.

Our previous bike officer used the Black Blauer class A bike shirt which I acquired after he left since he only wore it once or twice and it is just too thick and bulky.

We are looking at the yellow/black for daytime patrol and blue/black for night due to the stealth.

I would stick to one color, for money reasons and simplicity.

rookie1
10-13-2011, 00:40
We have all black 5.11 shirts which are nice because you can only get 1 patch on them with the spot for pens on the left arm. We used to have Under Armour but for whatever reason we went to 5.11 (Cheaper I assume). We order most of out uniform stuff from www.carpenterunipro.com/ (http://www.carpenterunipro.com/) based out of Des Moines.

TScottW99
10-15-2011, 13:55
We have all black 5.11 shirts which are nice because you can only get 1 patch on them with the spot for pens on the left arm. We used to have Under Armour but for whatever reason we went to 5.11 (Cheaper I assume). We order most of out uniform stuff from www.carpenterunipro.com/ (http://www.carpenterunipro.com/) based out of Des Moines.

We wear two patches on our 5.11. The people who do our patches played around with it and came up with a way to have two patches and still use the pen pocket.

OXCOPS
10-15-2011, 19:33

We don't need to know about your sex life.