2012 Nissan GT-R is the scariest police car ever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Nissan GT-R is the scariest police car ever

GWSHARK
10-07-2011, 11:40
An unnamed Northern Virginia police agency has apparently scored itself a Nissan GT-R to use as a pursuit vehicle (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/06/2012-nissan-gt-r-is-the-scariest-police-car-ever/)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/10/nissan-gt-r-interceptor-628.jpg

with EVI kit...

http://youtu.be/Xz8KQ429Wh8

a GT-R in action...

http://youtu.be/4jOQFMlpdVI

kc8ykd
10-07-2011, 16:05
guess the next Gumball race won't be going through VA.. :rofl:

0-160 in 22sec, i wonder how many crotch rocket riders will get unpleasantly surprised after they get passed by that thing whilst trying to run

dano1427
10-07-2011, 16:24
I'm guessing it's for a movie, not actual police work.

Glockdude1
10-07-2011, 16:25
0-160 in 22sec, i wonder how many crotch rocket riders will get unpleasantly surprised after they get passed by that thing whilst trying to run

It would have to be very few. For example a Kawasaki ZX14 will hit 100mph in just over 4 seconds. By the time the Nissan reached 60mph, the Kawasaki would be long gone.

:motorcycle:

Hollywood D
10-07-2011, 18:02
That thing will be totaled in 5mins

Trigger Finger
10-07-2011, 18:21
It would have to be very few. For example a Kawasaki ZX14 will hit 100mph in just over 4 seconds. By the time the Nissan reached 60mph, the Kawasaki would be long gone.

:motorcycle:

Yes, bikes are amazingly fast, even Harleys but especially the Japanese bikes. Even a decked out Police Kawasaki would be hard pressed to keep up with them. A helicopter is a must!
I Thought it was a Cannon Ball run? Never heard of a Gumball, that doesn't sound very fast. :supergrin:

sappy13
10-07-2011, 18:48
bet everyone hates the guy that got chosen over them to drive that

indigent
10-07-2011, 18:51
bet everyone hates the guy that got chosen over them to drive that
It's probably a guy who's about the size of a 12 year old. I couldn't shoehorn my 6'4" 300lb self in that thing.

blueiron
10-07-2011, 19:13

Only the ones who ride responsibly. No GT-R can keep up with a liter + sportbike ridden by a competent rider.

wrenrj1
10-07-2011, 19:16
It ain't Montana, hope the brakes are good in rush hour traffic. Sounds like Fast 5 wanna bees...

Cav
10-07-2011, 19:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nr0t6YUxo

GlockinNJ
10-07-2011, 19:21
I Thought it was a Cannon Ball run? Never heard of a Gumball, that doesn't sound very fast. :supergrin:

There was a movie called Gumball Rally that came out in 1975. Cannonball Run came out in 81.

Panzergrenadier1979
10-07-2011, 22:19
An unnamed Northern Virginia police agency has apparently scored itself a Nissan GT-R to use as a pursuit vehicle (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/06/2012-nissan-gt-r-is-the-scariest-police-car-ever/)

In NOVA traffic? Really????

Someone is going to be really disappointed.....

bccop
10-07-2011, 22:38
Sounds like a publicity stunt by the installation company because they posted this on the comments section on Youtube

THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT BELONG TO FAIRFAX COUNTY OR THE STATE OF VIRGINIA!!!!! YOUR TAX DOLLARS WERE NOT USED FOR THIS VEHICLE!!!!!!

Mayhem like Me
10-08-2011, 08:29
could be a seizure I bet plenty of drug dealers bought them....

zigzagg321
10-08-2011, 09:02
I can see it now...

"LOLZ, look at that ricer with red and blue neons!... He thinks he's a cop!...LOL"

...failure to stop, resisting arrest... ect.

msu_grad_121
10-08-2011, 09:59
I can see it now...

"LOLZ, look at that ricer with red and blue neons!... He thinks he's a cop!...LOL"

...failure to stop, resisting arrest... ect.

That's what crossed my mind when I saw this, too. Although, that thing DOES light up like a Christmas tree, so it'd be hard to make a case for "I didn't know he was a cop." But someone will...

scottydl
10-08-2011, 18:21
I'm guessing it's for a movie, not actual police work.

Yeah, I vote that this vehicle is more of a promotional item for the agency and company who outfitted it... not something that will actually be used for police work too often. I can't imagine what the maintenance costs would be. Having a single "pursuit vehicle" for an entire agency is fairly unrealistic anyway, since you obviously never know who/when/where a pursuit is going to happen.

Still looks cool tho. :cool:

DaBigBR
10-08-2011, 21:24
The description seems to imply that it was built for a non-LE entity that is also not the installer.

jpa
10-09-2011, 03:10
could be a seizure I bet plenty of drug dealers bought them....

There was an article a while back about some FBI agents wrecking a seized Ferrari. Apparently they had taken it out on a joyride. A lot of people commented about how irresponsible that would be and it would be a better use of taxpayer funds to put the car up for auction and buy 4 or 5 REAL police cars fully equipped.

I would say the same would be appropriate in this case, but buy 2 caprices or chargers and equip them.

If the car is just a demo car for the light installer then well....that's their business and it's a pretty cool looking car.

Mayhem like Me
10-09-2011, 08:16
There was an article a while back about some FBI agents wrecking a seized Ferrari. Apparently they had taken it out on a joyride. A lot of people commented about how irresponsible that would be and it would be a better use of taxpayer funds to put the car up for auction and buy 4 or 5 REAL police cars fully equipped.

I would say the same would be appropriate in this case, but buy 2 caprices or chargers and equip them.

If the car is just a demo car for the light installer then well....that's their business and it's a pretty cool looking car.

many times depending on state law you cannot buy budgeted items like replacement patrol cars with seizure funds, controls were put into place to keep agencies from bending the rules to supplement budgets......fyi

btw I got to drive a 512 bb back in the day we seized, I never went really fast in it on I95 I promise.....

jpa
10-09-2011, 16:01
many times depending on state law you cannot buy budgeted items like replacement patrol cars with seizure funds, controls were put into place to keep agencies from bending the rules to supplement budgets......fyi

btw I got to drive a 512 bb back in the day we seized, I never went really fast in it on I95 I promise.....

Good point...still, the money from auctioning off a car like that could be used for extra training, new equipment for narcotics interdiction, something more practical for a police deparment than a GT-R.

oh yeah, and I'm jealous of you driving the 512. Best I ever got was a corvette and that was only because I was the only one who went to the search warrant who could drive stick. Those seats weren't made for a big guy wearing a gun belt....

scottydl
10-09-2011, 18:12
Got to drive a seized nearly new Infiniti G37 a few years back, from the point of seizure to the Sheriff's dept. That was fun.

http://www.allofcar.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Infiniti-G37-2.jpg